Star Wars Discussion Thread

6,066,169 Views | 44212 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by twilly
twilly
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Always think of this from Robot Chicken when I hear Tosche Station
maroon barchetta
TCTTS said:

Who's playing at Tosche Stadium? The Tatooine Suns?

(Seriously, though, that's awesome.)
bluefire579
AG
First casting for the Acolyte:

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
C@LAg
why is Voldemort in Star Wars?

That said, QD games are nice to look and have a good story, but the gameplay has sucked as they are essentially basic choose-your-path adventures with a few QTE sequences.
TCTTS
AG
That looks incredible.
redline248
AG
Is there any info available about the timeframe of that? Clone Wars era?
C@LAg
redline248 said:

Is there any info available about the timeframe of that? Clone Wars era?
They say High Republic era, which is 200 years before TPM, but it looks like TPM/AOTC timeframe.

given how we have seen things change via Bad Batch (stormtrooper outfits, some ships), I would have hoped to see more design drift.
bluefire579
AG
C@LAg said:

That said, QD games are nice to look and have a good story, but the gameplay has sucked as they are essentially basic choose-your-path adventures with a few QTE sequences.
Good stories might be a bit of a stretch.

This one is supposedly going to be more action based, but we'll see what that means in the context of what they do.
C@LAg
bluefire579 said:

C@LAg said:

This one is supposedly going to be more action based, but we'll see what that means in the context of what they do.
it is going to be a big bag of meh gameplay wise.

i hope they allow a way to just play it all back as a movie in the end after you have completed at least one path.

Max Power
AG
That's gonna be a PS6 or 7 release, and I can't even find a PS5.
tremble
AG
Yooooooo, I'm here for this *****
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Agreed, looks sick.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
We get it, you're not interested. No need to be a wet rag all over the thread.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Don't like the apparent era (just not excited for prequel era stuff) but the cutscenes look pretty slick for sure
C@LAg
Brian Earl Spilner said:

We get it, you're not interested. No need to be a wet rag all over the thread.

Sorry cupcake I'm going to post as much as I f****** want to. My opinion is just as valid as yours and I've actually played Quantum Dream games in the past so I actually have some idea of what we are going to get.

Go buy yourself some stars if you don't want to read it.

God knows we have to read thread after thread with you and tctts having a go at each other
TCTTS
AG
C@LAg
and that was not a dig at you, just the periodic derail jousts you two have.
jeffk
AG
I just want a Fallen Order sequel.
bluefire579
AG
jeffk said:

They're making one
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
It's one thing to review, and another to just keep saying it's gonna suck. Really adds nothing to the conversation.
bluefire579
AG
C@LAg said:

bluefire579 said:

C@LAg said:

it is going to be a big bag of meh gameplay wise.

i hope they allow a way to just play it all back as a movie in the end after you have completed at least one path.

If they go with their typical formula, it will be. Early indications are that they changing it up, but we won't know for a few years.
C@LAg
Brian Earl Spilner said:

It's one thing to review, and another to just keep saying it's gonna suck. Really adds nothing to the conversation.
Where exactly is all this "saying it's gonna suck"? You make it sound like it was something excessive.

Please illuminate me.

1. I commented, correctly, that the developers standard gameplay format for all their games to date is barely interactive. Truth. Not negative. And others have echoed that comment.

2. I expressed a slight disappointment for something that is set 200 years before the PT that it looks the same with no style difference. I commented that we say more stylist change in some designs just one season of Bad Batch. Nothing negative about it. Just an observation.

3/. Then I made one (ONE) comment going that gameplay is going to be Meh, but would be nice if we can get playback as a movie. Because that is what their standard gameplay is, and interactive movie.

And you went form 0 to shrill immediately

So yeah, my comments were relevant and did add to the conversation.

You just went straight to derail and accusations.

But enough about that. I will continue to participate how and where I please. Feel free to flag my posts if you think they are derailing (until yours, not a single one was) and let staff deal with them; as I will with yours.

The Porkchop Express
Only TexAgs could fall into a slap fest on a day where this magnificent piece of art was revealed.

israeliag
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

What the **** did I just watch!

I haven't seen Star Wars this gorgeous since Leia wore a metal bikini
jeffk
AG
bluefire579 said:

jeffk said:

They're making one

I know! This is America; I want it now!
bluefire579
AG
jeffk said:

bluefire579 said:

jeffk said:

They're making one

I know! This is America; I want it now!
Patience, padawan, game development takes time
jeffk
AG
helloimustbegoing said:

Only TexAgs could fall into a slap fest on a day where this magnificent piece of art was revealed.

Do you think Jedi masters pick their chairs from a catalog when they get appointed to the council?
jokershady
AG
I'm in the camp that this game takes place before TPM….just based on ship design alone…..through 3 movies and the whole clone wars series we haven't seen ships like those and don't recognize any Jedi
Saxsoon
AG
It specifically said it was High Republic
Fighting Texas Aggie Class of 2012
The Porkchop Express
jeffk said:

helloimustbegoing said:

Do you think Jedi masters pick their chairs from a catalog when they get appointed to the council?
I don't know, but now I want to write the script for a parody of the Chair Model episode of the Office where Plo Koon or Ki Adi Mundi is picking out a chair from the catalog and sees an alien girl, falls in love with her, then finds out she's dead.
maroon barchetta
helloimustbegoing said:

jeffk said:

helloimustbegoing said:

I don't know, but now I want to write the script for a parody of the Chair Model episode of the Office where Plo Koon or Ki Adi Mundi is picking out a chair from the catalog and sees an alien girl, falls in love with her, then finds out she's dead.

Sounds like you want to write an episode of Robot Chicken
The Porkchop Express
maroon barchetta said:

Sounds like you want to write an episode of Robot Chicken
I still have my opening half page of the script where Palpatine has first come to Coruscant as a senator and while he's doing all these sinister machinations as a Sith Lord he's also having to go through new-senator orientation and getting his parking pass for the Senate building and finding a place to live and all the other BS you have when you move to a new job in a new city.
israeliag
AG
Ooo, it should be all that paper work and red tape that leads him to the dark side
The Porkchop Express
israeliag said:

Ooo, it should be all that paper work and red tape that leads him to the dark side
There's definitely a part where he and some friends enter a talent show against rival Senators, and he trash talks the other group and says that the talent show first place prize money is "Quite safe from your pitiful little band."
First Page Last Page
Page 1069 of 1264

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.