Star Wars Discussion Thread

6,043,605 Views | 44197 Replies | Last: 17 min ago by Cinco Ranch Aggie
jbanda
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm sorry, we are applauding welcoming back an actor whose performance through the PT was only marginally more palatable than the absolute worst Star Wars villain of all time (whiney AF-on the verge of crying at all times-millennial) Kylo Ren?

I guess I'll show myself out…
TCTTS
AG
He was terrible, no doubt. Like, truly horrendous, and one of the things I dislike the most about the PT trilogy.

That said… 16 years later - wiser, with more maturity/experience - and no Lucas dialogue/direction, I'm cautiously optimistic that Christensen comes back strong. I also seriously doubt Christensen himself is in either series much. Maybe only one or two scenes per series sans helmet, if that. And then he may or may not even be in the suit, and he certainly won't be providing Vader's voice. So I doubt the filmmakers are pinning much on him at all.
bluefire579
AG
TCTTS said:

Wow. Hayden getting all kinds of play. Honestly, it's pretty cool seeing him get a second chance at the character like this (between Obi-Wan and Ahsoka).
Very much this. And with better writing than what he was given in the prequels, hopefully
YouBet
AG
I'm personally kind of hoping for a Haydon redemption here. And it shouldn't be all that challenging. All you really have to do is portray him as Clone Wars Annakin vs Teen Angst Annakin and we should be go.
gougler08
AG
YouBet said:

I'm personally kind of hoping for a Haydon redemption here. And it shouldn't be all that challenging. All you really have to do is portray him as Clone Wars Annakin vs Teen Angst Annakin and we should be go.

It really is that simple, Clone Wars Anakin is all we want to see
The Collective
AG
jbanda said:

I'm sorry, we are applauding welcoming back an actor whose performance through the PT was only marginally more palatable than the absolute worst Star Wars villain of all time (whiney AF-on the verge of crying at all times-millennial) Kylo Ren?

Maybe something is wrong with me here, but I think Kylo is the lone bright spot from the sequel trilogy.

The Collective
AG
The fact that Lucas found a way to f up Vader with the "Noooooooo" line proves to me who is at fault.
TXAG 05
AG
I Have Spoken said:

jbanda said:

Maybe something is wrong with me here, but I think Kylo is the lone bright spot from the sequel trilogy.

The bright spot of the sequel trilogy was the original teaser trailer
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
jbanda said:

I guess I'll show myself out…

Saxsoon
AG
You could bring Jar Jar back and I would trust Favreau and Filoni to do right by him
YouBet
AG
Saxsoon said:

You could bring Jar Jar back and I would trust Favreau and Filoni to do right by him
If doing right by him means killing him off in a horrific way, then I'm on board.
The Porkchop Express
The new crew made the Clone Wars scary and have weight in those scenes when Mando is a baby. Real directors with real-life cred can pull something out of HC.

What will be really weird is HC and Rosario Dawson doing dialogue together of two characters who interacted with each other only as cartoons voiced by other actors.
gougler08
AG
Saxsoon said:

Eh, he's still awful in Clone Wars
The Porkchop Express
gougler08 said:

Saxsoon said:

Eh, he's still awful in Clone Wars
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Robot Chicken did a superb job with Jar Jar...
double aught
AG
https://twitter.com/justjenn/status/1447983770699649025?t=dFA5gZnrRS-ge-WFHKaoMQ&s=19

Tweet won't embed. Very disappointed in myself.
jokershady
AG
not to try and derail but has anyone on this thread played jedi: fallen order? i know im late to the party on it but went ahead and got this game for my birthday. really taking my time on it but loving the atmosphere and story so far and the motion capture and acting by the guy doing Cal is really good so far.

please no spoilers but curious to hear feedback from those that have played it and if it was a good experience.
YouBet
AG
jokershady said:

not to try and derail but has anyone on this thread played jedi: fallen order? i know im late to the party on it but went ahead and got this game for my birthday. really taking my time on it but loving the atmosphere and story so far and the motion capture and acting by the guy doing Cal is really good so far.

please no spoilers but curious to hear feedback from those that have played it and if it was a good experience.
I enjoyed it. And it's canon as well.
twilly
AG
So instead of drivers wearing brown shorts, it's now brown robes with hoods.

UTINI!

Sign here.

Ranger fans you're not dreaming! The Rangers are the World Series Champions!
double aught
AG
I certainly hope so!
powerbelly
AG
jokershady said:

Really enjoyed it. Played through twice.
jeffk
AG
Yeah, Fallen Order was a lot of fun. And the ending was incredibly epic.
bluefire579
AG
jokershady said:

Solid game. Story and environments were super well done, and I loved having the lightsaber reflect be an actual button press and timing mechanic (feel like that's always been a bit glossed over in jedi games). Also like the creative approach they had to establishing the need for a skill tree and him building his power along the way.

I was not a huge fan of the boss battles - lightsaber duels aren't something that games have really figured out yet. Wouldn't mind seeing them put in something similar to the duels in Ghosts of Tsushima for the sequel, I feel like that game had some of the best sword fights I've ever seen in a game. I also felt that there were a bunch of platforming segments (not all of them, and I don't mind them in general) that felt super clunky and frustrating, hopefully something they fix in the sequel as well.
jokershady
AG
Sweet. I'm also committed to playing on Jedi master difficulty and finally getting confidence on parrying attacks
C@LAg
what wunderkind thought it would be a good idea to adorn UPS trucks as sandcrawlers. As if they are not slow enough already, now they are celebrating it.

redline248
AG
Only thing to market more than Lucas is Disney
AliasMan02
AG
C@LAg said:

what wunderkind thought it would be a good idea to adorn UPS trucks as sandcrawlers. As if they are not slow enough already, now they are celebrating it.

For enough money, they'd be rolling around in trucks with NAMBLA flags flying.
Belton Ag
AG
AliasMan02 said:

C@LAg said:

For enough money, they'd be rolling around in trucks with NAMBLA flags flying.
North American Marlon Brando Lookalikes?
YNWA_AG
AG

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Wow, impressively fast posting.
The Collective
AG
TCTTS said:

Btw, it's kind of crazy that THREE Star Wars series are completely done filming (The Book of Boba Fett, Andor, and Obi-Wan Kenobi), with one currently in the middle of filming (The Mandalorian season three), yet the only footage we've seen from any of them are some brief snippets from a behind-the-scenes Andor featurette months and months ago. I'm honestly shocked we still don't have a trailer for The Book of Boba Fett, as that's only two months away. Feels like the calm before the storm...

Good call.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Just got an email about Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser bookings opening.

Guess the floodgates are opening.
jeffk
AG
I've always wondered how the Fetts came to dominate the criminal underworld. I get that they're ruthless and rich, but you'd think back in the beginning one of them would have had to show some sort of actual physical threat to establish that reputation and fear and gain the funds to buy their muscle/enforcers. And I just can't see how that works.
twilly
AG
I believe this is from the EU/Legends books, but didn't the Hutt's have access or control to secret hyperspace routes that allowed them to be the preeminent smugglers in the galaxy?

Ranger fans you're not dreaming! The Rangers are the World Series Champions!
jeffk
AG
LIke they were the only ones who knew how to navigate them or they controlled access to them with their private armies?
First Page Last Page
Page 1060 of 1263

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.