Tron Legacy

10,686 Views | 126 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by TCTTS
MrPlow2010
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I saw it a few weeks ago in D-box 3D. the tickets were like $16 but the seats are bigger and you have a reserved number seat. The seats move and vibrate accordingly to the movie and action scenes. It was pretty cool to try out D-Box seats but over all they werent worth it. I just wanted to make a judgement myself on d-box. If there is a movie to see in D-box I imagine Tron is one of the better ones because the seats move left/right during the lightbike scene.
Ed Carter
AG
wow there are some serious overanalyzing dorks on here .. . it was a bada$$ movie end of story. .. quit getting all deep and breaking down every little minor thing you didnt like about it crap
5thGenAg
On a slightly different note:

Did anyone happen to catch the Story of Pixar on CNBC lately? I thought it was interesting what a big impact the original Tron had on a lot of those guys.
PatAg
AG
You didnt like the movie, and the character you liked was the only thing about the movie I hated.

Kinda crazy, but thats how it works.
Gradin
AG
Finally saw it yesterday. I liked it. I think some of you have too much of an idealized plot of the first one. The original was pretty corny at times but not bad. I read that Disney is already planning to make a sequel. The soundtrack from Daft Punk kicked ass. "Derezzed" is a great song.

***Spoiler

I hope Jeff Bridges did not die. I would love to see him and Tron back for the planned sequel. I have no idea what Quorra's significance is exactly but I am curious into the real world applications.
Coppell97
AG
Watched this on Disney+ today. A good movie. Still holds up.
YouBet
AG
I was 37 when this thread was started.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
I was 36! And I didn't have children. Now they are both 8 years old and I watched Tron Legacy in bits and pieces during the summer of 2012 in the middle of the night while giving them bottle feedings and rocking them to sleep.
Coppell97
AG
Yes. I was mid 30's like you guys. Time flies. Film still was entertaining. Looking back there was criticism on this thread of how CLU's face looked. But was pretty good for 2010. The movie looks good.
MisterShipWreck
I enjoyed this film a lot. Was disappointed when they decided to not make the 3rd one that was going to be made...
Coppell97
AG
Totally agree. Would love a sequel. Tron Legacy made it feel like a Matrix like universe. Lots of possibilities with a sequel.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Maybe the upcoming Tron rollercoaster at the Magic Kingdom will spur interest in a sequel.
chipotle
Separate ways
Sex Panther
AG
I love this movie so fkn much
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
I had always hoped Luke Skywalker would have an entry scene in the Star Wars sequels as cool as Jeff Bridges did in Legacy. Like he's using the Force different than every one else, which I guess he did in TLJ.

When I was a kid there was a program you could input into your Apple IIE that emulated the light cycles and was one of the rare head to head games of the 80s PC era. You and your opponent each tried to trap each other with your light. cycle's trail.

C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
YouBet
AG
C@LAg said:

Tron Uprising is not bad, once you get used to the art style, and is a really great prequel to Legacy.

The voice cast is spot on with named actors, and the music is good as well.

Sad it ended after just the first season.

This looks cool. How have I not heard of this?
TCTTS
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

I had always hoped Luke Skywalker would have an entry scene in the Star Wars sequels as cool as Jeff Bridges did in Legacy. Like he's using the Force different than every one else, which I guess he did in TLJ.

I rewatched a chunk of this movie last night and it's crazy how similar the plots between it and TLJ are...

- Quorra = TFA Rey (naive, but has special powers), while Sam = TLJ Rey (shows up to a remote location to convince the mentor/father to leave with him).

- Flynn = Luke, right down to the white robes, meditating, being somewhat disappointed when the younger hero shows up to take him home, and the whole stubborn "inaction" plan (the latter fo which still bugs me in both movies).
TCTTS
AG
That said, this movie looks as stunning as it did the day it hit theaters, and the action is incredible. I still have zero clue what the "rules" are of the computer universe, or what it even is, exactly - just a tiny bit more context in that regard could have gone a long way - but ten years later, without the weight of all the expectations, it remains a fun, weird ride, and I really wish Disney would have found a way to make a third movie. A script was written, and it got super close to filming, but they pulled the plug at the last minute. Who knows, maybe Disney+ changes the game, and they'll eventually reconsider.

Another thing that struck me while watching is that, even with all of its flaws, I would pay to watch this movie - and many other blockbusters like it - in the theater again come summer, if theaters find a way to open, but there aren't any new movies 'til August/September or so. I think it would be such a fun way to "ease" audiences back into the movie-going spirit, by re-releasing this and any other beloved blockbusters - a mixture of wildly popular titles or blockbusters that have otherwise gained appreciation since their initial release.
TCTTS
AG
Btw, remember when this proof-of-concept was released to an unsuspecting Comic-Con crowd in 2008 and everyone lost their minds?

And then, of course, there's the first official trailer, which is still one of the best of all time...

Sex Panther
AG
C@LAg said:

Tron Uprising is not bad, once you get used to the art style, and is a really great prequel to Legacy.

The voice cast is spot on with named actors, and the music is good as well.

Sad it ended after just the first season.

I watched this after watching Legacy when Disney+ first rolled out because I just wanted a fix of anything Tron... I ended up suprisingly loving it, and it's a serious bummer there was only one season. Especially since it ended on a cliff hanger.

Like TC said, hopefully there is some future for Tron in some form or fashion. It's such a cool, visually stunning world.

And possibly the greatest soundtrack/score ever (admittedly I love Daft Punk though)...

I watch the opening of the movie all the time just for Jeff Bridges' speech building up into the crescendo/theme at 0:46 - So damn good...

mazag08
AG
Legacy was awesome. They will find a way. It's one of the rare movie universes where every movie can be unique, because nothing else can look and sound like it without spending a **** load of time and money establishing a universe.
TCTTS
AG

https://comicbook.com/movies/2020/04/13/tron-legacy-sequel-franchise-update-joseph-kosinski/

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.