Tron Legacy

10,771 Views | 126 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by TCTTS
SteadicaTm
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
having a hard time finding a place not showing it in 3D
Gradin
AG
http://texags.com/main/forum.reply.asp?topic_id=1754990&forum_id=13&page=last&opt=post

Check chewbacca's post
CDub06
AG
I'd actually never heard of Tron until I started watching Chuck. A web redemption of the Tron Guy on Tosh.0 gave me a further introduction and made me realize that a bit that I didn't get from the Family Guy several years ago was a Tron shoutout.

I feel like I'm the only person that's this unfamiliar with the movie.
AGSPORTSFAN07
AG
Half the movie was not filmed in 3D. Only when they're in the Grid does it really require the glasses. But you can leave them on the whole time.
Clip27
At the IMAX here if you took your glasses off i didn't look correct even for the non 3D portions.
SteadicaTm
AG
i enjoyed it. could have been better.

was i the only one expecting some tron bad assery at the end?

edit: i guess he will show up in the sequel.

[This message has been edited by Uli_Kunkel (edited 12/18/2010 3:20p).]
CGSC Lobotomy
Couple of questions (OBVIOUS SPOILERS):

- What are the implications of Quorra being in the real world? Does the fact that she's an ISO allow it? Does this open the door for a sequel?

- Did Flynn and CLU cancel each other out?

- Did Tron Derezz or just reboot?

- I get that what Sam downloaded was the source code, but did he download what was left of his father as well?

- Now that Sam and Alan run ENCOM, is there a possibility of the new Grid being created using their servers or the WWW?
BillOnCapitolHill

Flynn + CLU ending. Quorra mentioned in the pad that Flynn needed to re"something" with CLU to end CLUs programming. But at that would kill him at his age/condition.

I wondered why they never showed Tron/Alan's face.
Saxsoon
AG
They technically did in the flashback. Probably doing the age regression mapping for Tron would have been a bit much considering just how much they used it for Bridges.
BillOnCapitolHill
I suppose, but just having a black-angular-faced gladiator with the name of Tron has little linking to the original "Fighter for the Users".
Smart Dude
My Review:

****Possible Spoilers****

AWESOME!

****End Spoiler****
Smart Dude

quote:
- I get that what Sam downloaded was the source code, but did he download what was left of his father as well?

I took it as him downloading his father's disc and all the 'knowledge.' No idea if that's right, or what that means, but that was the first thing that came to mind.

Desert Power
AG
I'm not usually one to not like movies, but this one was kind of meh.
double aught
AG
The 3D was forgettable. I would have rather seen it in a normal theater. And I agree with the previous poster about Tron. Much of his emotional impact was lost due to the fact that he had a mask on the entire time. That being said, overall I really enjoyed the movie.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Really enjoyed it. The 3D (which I hate in movies today) was only used to add depth, thank God...and not to add stupid 'in-your-face' crap that all other movies feel they have to include. If you don't see it in 3D, you are missing nothing. I had to see this in the XD screen at Cinemark, which only showed it in 3D.

Loved that Sam lived in an old Dumont Shipping garage, was weirded out that Cillian Murphy had an uncredited cameo as the son of Dillinger and I laughed out loud when Sam turned on the power at the arcade and Journey kicked in over the speakers.
AgPediRPh
AG
^^^ I was just glad it wasn't "Don't Stop Believing". Good movie.
Fly Army 97
how young can a kid be and still be able to watch?
SteadicaTm
AG
cant think of anything a young kid cant see. in fact i dont remember sam even kissing quorra. i think the violence got the star trek 6 treatment. when the programs a killed there isnt any blood just like the klingons blood being purple.
Smart Dude
The worst things are chicks in skin-tight outfits and the word "hell" a couple times.
NoACDamnit
I recommend watching the original either before or after the new one. There are a large number of direct references.

[This message has been edited by NoACDamnit (edited 12/19/2010 10:34p).]
Madman
AG
Just saw it today. I liked it a lot but the 3D seemed pointless in this movie. I think the siren girl that takes sam to meet Zuse will be in my mind for the rest of my life.
NoACDamnit
I couldn't disagree more on the 3D. I thought it was spectacular. (Though we saw a preview for some upcoming nature movie and Ive NEVER seen 3D look like that.)

Couldn't agree more on Beau Garrett. That makeup job was just hot as hell.
CGSC Lobotomy
quote:
There are a large number of direct references.

-Dillinger cameo

-"I fight for the users"

-Music in the arcade is the same music as when Flynn beats the high Paranoids score in the original film

-Upstairs office where Alan, Lori, and Flynn plan their attack on the MCP

-"Greetings Programs"
NoACDamnit
The exterior door to Encom is almost identical and both Flynns say the same line about it.
Smart Dude
I love her.

[This message has been edited by Smart Dude (edited 12/20/2010 12:05a).]
Madman
AG
Smart

So do I. I looked her up on IMDB and the movie makes her look much better than I would have guessed the real life girl would have looked. Oh well.
AGSPORTSFAN07
AG
quote:
The exterior door to Encom is almost identical and both Flynns say the same line about it.

Thought that was genius. This movie was very retro. They did an excellent job bringing back old memories.
NoACDamnit
After rewatching the original last night I have to say its the better film. With the new one I think it could have been SPECTACULAR with a better plot, instead it was just an enjoyable popcorn flick.
CGSC Lobotomy
I could see them tying the Tron 2.0 game into the sequel.

Main character in that game is Jet Bradley, the son of Alan and Lori Bradley.
Jeff George
Chicks in skin-tight outfits. 3-D stuff. Daft Punk. Not terrible.
AgKJ
AG
Not sure why some of you are saying that the first Tron isn't available thru Netflix. I rented it about 6 months ago when I heard this new Tron was coming out.

On that note, I remember being SOO blown away by the original Tron in the early 80's - seemed so futuristic, action-packed etc. When I re-watched it a few months ago, it was all I could do to finish it - amazingly SLOW, corny, terrible "special effects", etc.
My 13-year old son laughed at it, and I couldn't say that I blamed him.
Really made me realize how much faster-paced they have made movies these days.
Rex Racer
AG
Because I looked on Netflix on Thursday, and it only had the Save option. It is not available right now.
NoACDamnit
They pulled it from pretty much any source you could get the DVD from.
Texaggie7nine
Saw it tonight in 3d IMAX. Overall, as a huge Tron fan growing up, I give it a "meh".

FXs were pretty sweet especially in IMAX but the story seemed too borrowed. It was a cool experience but not a great movie. Also I couldn't get over the flynn face cgi. Too obvious of cgi. Didn't look real. I thought our current tech, with that much money poured into it, could produce a more realistic cgi face.
Philip J Fry
AG
The human eye is a pretty amazing creation. CGI just has a long way to go before it can convince it that what you're seeing is real.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.