Ever seen an act get booed off stage?

21,492 Views | 82 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by TXAGBQ76
maroon barchetta
How long do you want to ignore this user?
TheCzar said:

Quote:

Ashley Simpson at the Orange Bowl. I wasn't there but 60K people were, and another bajillion watching on tv.

Greatest thing I've ever seen, it was right after all the lip-synching SNL stuff too

Jim Rome used to play sound bytes of that train wreck often.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Some Junkie Cosmonaut said:

Human said:

Not a concert but...I heckled Carrot Top in San Antonio(Aztec) about 4 years ago.

I was yelling out the punch lines before got to them.

What made it even better is, my friend got us balcony seats.

I was drunk yes, but it was cool.

He was pissed.

"Look- an Amish drive by.."

1) That just seems dickish to everyone in attendance.
2) Who goes to see Carrot Top?
Worse. Who knows all of his material?
TXAG 05
AG
Pat Green. But he had already fallen off the stage, so not sure if that counts.
maroon barchetta
Zombie Jon Snow said:

Human said:

Not a concert but...I heckled Carrot Top in San Antonio(Aztec) about 4 years ago.

He was pissed.

Ouch
Aust Ag
AG
AgKJ said:

Trajan - yup, it was Skid Row that opened for GNR now that you mention it.
If you were there, do you remember that during the long wait for GNR the camera started showing chicks raising their shirts on the big screen? That got us through about 45 minutes!

I was there, been to 100 shows, and the chicks raising their tops for what seemed like forever was the craziest thing I'd ever seen. I was just praying that they didn't put the camera on my new bride at the time, Mrs Aust Ag. Thankfully they didn't, because I had no doubt what would have happened.
BCG Disciple
AG
Buzzfest at the Woodlands pavilion always gets some bands that don't particularly fit. In 2003, that band was Maroon 5. I think Harder to Breathe was their airplay song at the time, but the rest of their set was soft garbage, or at least out of place at Buzzfest. Crowd did not exactly boo off stage, but it was not welcoming and there were some metal heads shouting obscenities and a chorus of boos.
Spore Ag
Phil Collin's at Cynthia Woods. He was into his big band idea which was not what the crowd wanted to see. Boos started to raise in tempo. Phil slammed his sticks onto his drums and yelled out to the crowd. What is the matter, you have not had enough beer yet?
He tried to improvise after that. I did get to go backstage where he hung around people he knew. Guess he took it in stride as a performer.
bluefire579
AG
BCG Disciple said:

Buzzfest at the Woodlands pavilion always gets some bands that don't particularly fit. In 2003, that band was Maroon 5. I think Harder to Breathe was their airplay song at the time, but the rest of their set was soft garbage, or at least out of place at Buzzfest. Crowd did not exactly boo off stage, but it was not welcoming and there were some metal heads shouting obscenities and a chorus of boos.
Oh hey, I was at that one too. I definitely skipped that set, can't remember if it was to wait in the autograph line or to wait at the side stage for the next act. Whichever it was, their set was definitely an acceptable sacrifice
Spore Ag
Not a booed off stage but a show of petulance by Niel Young. He was doing an acoustic performance at the Houston Music hall which has wonderful acoustics. Some of the crowd started to get bored with the performance which I was loving and started yelling "GetDown", Let's bogie, Crank it up!! Etc.
Young stormed off the stage and did not return for sometime. Guess he was reminded of contract obligations so he returns and finished his set with his back turned and just jammed with no encore. It was actually a great night.
JYDog90
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

Human said:

He was pissed.

Interesting factoid. Google carrot top's net worth.
Whos Juan
AG
You don't make Chairman of The Board and not be filthy rich from it.
RightWingConspirator
AG
For Replacements fans, they used to get booed off the stage all of the time when too drunk to play.
TXAGBQ76
AG
Just curious, why should he have said thanks to Bob Knight?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.