General
Sponsored by

tell me about San Antonio

8,839 Views | 120 Replies | Last: 8 days ago by AgsMyDude
tandy miller
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I met a lady. She lives there
AgTDub
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The river runs right through it, like in Italy….

Ryan the Temp
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Make sure you have good auto insurance.
Hank the Grifter
How long do you want to ignore this user?
It gets a bad rap but it's a pretty great place. Like any big city there are good parts and bad parts.
For the 7th largest city in the country it definitely doesn't feel like it. That's both a good thing and a bad thing.

What specifically are you interested in? Besides the girl, I mean......
tandy miller
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
She lives off of 281 north, so not in the hood I don't think
dabo man
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It's where large Houstonians go when they want to fell smaller.
tandy miller
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm smol
AggieT
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Been there the past few summers for baseball tournaments. Coming from Houston it feels empty. Seems like there is plenty to do and not much traffic from my limited experience.
superunknown
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
tandy miller said:

She lives off of 281 north, so not in the hood I don't think


This is old but still pretty accurate

https://judgmentalmaps.com/post/61426913994/sanantonio/amp
dabo man
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I've gone down the Judgemental Maps rabbit hole. This site is AWESOME!!

maroon barchetta
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Ginormus Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
tandy miller said:

She lives off of 281 north, so not in the hood I don't think


How far north? She could live by me. She a torta?
maroon barchetta
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Ginormus Ag said:

tandy miller said:

She lives off of 281 north, so not in the hood I don't think


How far north? She could live by me. She a torta?


Hondo Project 1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The number one killer of domestic cats is feline AIDS.
BartInLA
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Be sure to drink Big Red. It's a thing there.
EFE
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Rules…
mwm
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Lived there for 3 years back in the early 80's. Nice place to visit but I didn't like living there.

If she's "the one", she'll follow you anywhere.
Aquin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Moved here 12 years ago. It is the most livable big city in the country. Everyone is pretty nice. The trades are actually competent. The Mexicans make it work (60%). So everyone gets along. If someone is born here they never leave…hell some haven't even made it to Austin. The medical resources are far better than one would think. I would not feel a need to leave if faced with a serious medical condition.

What are the problem areas. The political leaders are grossly incompetent…I mean really bad. The local news boils down to Spurs, Spurs, Weather,Weather,Food Drive. They haven't done an investigation in decades. Did I mention the Spurs?

Despite what they say it is a sanctuary city…but Catholic Charities buses the illegals out as soon as they get here. So violent crime is here but confined to certain areas. Now the life expectancy of a F150 is about twenty minutes.

It is hot. If you are a gardener, the only plants that will grow have to start with Texas or Mexican. Full sun does not mean San Antonio full sun. On balance it is a pretty good place to live.
maroon barchetta
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Where do they bus them to?
tandy miller
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ginormus Ag said:

tandy miller said:

She lives off of 281 north, so not in the hood I don't think


How far north? She could live by me. She a torta?


Over by Rebecca creek
Aquin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Mostly to Houston then they get in a network and go across the country.
Ginormus Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Sweet. She excited about the new Panda Express opening up? I am. Taqueria Data Point sure is taking its time to open.
tandy miller
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ginormus Ag said:

Sweet. She excited about the new Panda Express opening up? I am. Taqueria Data Point sure is taking its time to open.


Yes. I'm also excited about the Arby's by her house.
Milwaukees Best Light
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The dead stop at a yield sign will never be normal to me.
The freeway system was created by a drunk Mexican on a blind donkey. Or maybe the Mexican was blind and the donkey was drunk.
Driving there is way different. They speed up so they can stop at a red light.
Embrace lard. It makes food great and turds slippery.
Austin is taking over. Lots of areas are austin south.
I loved the 2 years I lived there and I still like visiting.
tandy miller
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
EFE said:

Rules…





EFE
How long do you want to ignore this user?
DargelSkout
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Rebecca Creek is dang near in Blanco, so not SA. Unless you're talking about an apartment complex or subdivision named Rebecca Creek.

If she's actually near Rebecca Creek that's Spring Branch and a nice area.
tandy miller
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
DargelSkout said:

Rebecca Creek is dang near in Blanco, so not SA. Unless you're talking about an apartment complex or subdivision named Rebecca Creek.

If she's actually near Rebecca Creek that's Spring Branch and a nice area.


It's like 5 miles from her. That pic is from the screaming goat in spring branch
GCRanger
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Grew up in SA. Then lived in Houston for 20ish years after college. Moved back to SA in 2020. Love it here.

Much slower pace. Fun stuff to do for families. Easy to get to hill country, lakes, and rivers. Getting to beach is less than 3 hours.

Traffic almost doesn't exist compared to Houston or Dallas. Main reason we moved was to be able to live in city (in Northwood) with basically zero commute (15 minutes) or traffic issues, and good schools that are easy to get to (Catholic schools).

Like any big city it has its problems with crime in certain areas, local politicians are idiots, etc.

Also, we're full.

AggieRob93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
With your rule 1 effort, looks like you have a chance at getting her before the lard does, but you better move quick!
FIDO*98*
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Yay! I'm moving here Tuesday
maroon barchetta
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Shouldn't you be a little more north?
FIDO*98*
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We are done with New Braunfels. We're empty nesters now and wanted to get closer to work and closer to our beach house
Ragoo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
What's wrong with NB? I don't know if inner SA is any better.
Ginormus Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Not a torta.
Last Page
Page 1 of 4 ▼
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.