collections.

7,234 Views | 107 Replies | Last: 17 hrs ago by nai06
maroon barchetta
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I have no idea whose album that is.
C@LAg
maroon barchetta said:

I have no idea whose album that is.
it is hers. she said so.

MouthBQ98
AG
Fishing rods and reels
Small rocks (pebbles) from every place I go camping or hiking.
Firearms
Tshirts from places I visit
Stickers for my 4x4.
Sea Speed
AG
Rocks is a good one. I find a heart shaped rock everywhere I go and give it to my wife who has them inside a clear lamp. I have given her over 50 now.
Lex
It's Koe Wetzel's new album.
maroon barchetta
Bros
Sea Speed
AG
I'm not sure there's a bigger tool on earth than that loser in that photo
Lex
Thankfully he doesn't care about what you think of him.
Hating on someone for doing what makes them happy is stupid.
maroon barchetta
Sea Speed said:

I'm not sure there's a bigger tool on earth than that loser in that photo

The shirtless photo she posted the other day was worse.
Lex
It's my favorite.
He loves noodling.
MouthBQ98
AG
My dad has been doing the same thing for years for my mom. He keeps an eye out every time we go on a hike somewhere.
Sea Speed
AG
That's awesome. I regret not photographing each one and writing a little n ok the about where it came from. They are really easy to find. I've got them from 4 continents and probably a couple dozen countries and states.
Claude!
Lex said:

It's Koe Wetzel's new album.

I can smell the Drakkar Noir emanating from that picture.
Fins Up!
AG
I think he needs some SPF 50 and a belly wax.
Lex
He likes beer and sunburns
Claude!
Lex said:

He likes beer and sunburns
And tattoos of low to moderate quality.
Fins Up!
AG
Obviously.
Lex
He's livin' man.
L-i-v-i-n.
Lex
When I go to the river i also become beer and sunburns.
Fins Up!
AG
I wear sunblock because I've had too much stuff cut off of me at a young age.

But yes. Beer and sunburns. Minus the belly hair.
Lex
I wear sunblock once but it won't last the whole time and I'll eventually be mad I'm burned. But it won't be while I'm in it.
Fins Up!
AG
Reapplying sunblock on someone during a river trip is an important responsibility.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
You wouldn't happen to have Axis & Allies 1941 would you? Long story short my son got this years ago for his birthday. It was new, but a lot of pieces were missing when we opened it. Because the maker went bankrupt, there is nonavenue tonget replacement pieces. He still talks about wanting to play it at least once.
whoop1995
AG
I have the computer version but it is no good anymore as the drivers can't be located in the search for them. So i am in worse shape than you are.

I did find this for you though. I do not know what pieces you are missing but this one says complete and there are tons more on eBay to browse through.and you can buy single pieces as well

https://www.ebay.com/itm/365014864099?itmmeta=01J3GG16QJQHS3E2TH2WC5PN6T&hash=item54fc94d0e3:g:bzIAAOSwZPVmj-G5&itmprp=enc%3AAQAJAAAAwFl8Px2PRFcOYn7CG2%2BfiBpt0g61no5YwkdKfttoP4yCwtpwJe9BPmSDwM8EmAnZkvI0E6rtpTjY%2FbcWM7MAaQWhx7QyfW1MweqJavI8LEod2cPLu%2FMD5UmtFeqtO8e8AMkqlPlCms3PFk%2B%2FbRkKXtBPvIu0bCvQVjuyr4EGsKDjG4pZ1mMqPWjXWi%2BYc%2FxQKibWOr8LAf0ujYJbd0Gg%2BF%2FRbfCsPrzv1k3QuHX62n88CBZfWsDVuQxucMop99te%2FA%3D%3D%7Ctkp%3ABk9SR-7rhJCcZA

Or this one factory sealed

https://www.ebay.com/itm/155831345227?epid=16027046988&itmmeta=01J3GGAP4YQ60M0EJ9DSPQ4CF1&hash=item244845a04b:g:UDYAAOSwhnhlLH-D&itmprp=enc%3AAQAJAAAA8NQk%2FBlq2CucnsBZe7fpOKse6zLD2w2asopL0bl4qFArZUjLpyHbSBFr7SVuQOVKm80y8S%2BY7o5pW6nHdMWalvULUksLmeGL7fo3EvJj3CB67n%2BAM23LqglCuP1vkunaFB3tvR%2FZIa2%2Fy7IM%2BAokL553YuioG297zC%2FCw1zX3YQmZKvrEDwr5j%2FoMxQ7%2FFtT9KXq0rAW%2FV8qtKudSJSzA4L83h%2FpAlwqBRi9hD3jOzSfg5VG4XIXZXivU9HoubnChER%2F7wMmgLPnT8d4Y6WIzJ63--2jbk6VNbtNfxXsIrRXNdwME9zGPw7zhkhOQTrm%2BA%3D%3D%7Ctkp%3ABk9SR8jiqpCcZA
I collect ticket stubs! looking for a 1944 orange bowl and 1981 independence bowl ticket stub as well as Aggie vs tu stubs - 1926 and below, 1935-1937, 1939-1944, 1946-1948, 1950-1951, 1953, 1956-1957, 1959, 1960, 1963-1966, 1969-1970, 1972-1974, 1980, 1984, 1990, 2004, 2008, 2010
javajaws
AG
Bob Knights Paper Hands said:

You wouldn't happen to have Axis & Allies 1941 would you? Long story short my son got this years ago for his birthday. It was new, but a lot of pieces were missing when we opened it. Because the maker went bankrupt, there is nonavenue tonget replacement pieces. He still talks about wanting to play it at least once.
Sorry, I don't. It looks like there is a 2nd edition though published by Renegade games. You could try their support for parts:

https://renegadegamestudios.com/axis-allies-1941/
https://renegade-games-studios-customer-support.gorgias.help/en-US/articles/replacement-parts-15995

Or alternately buy a whole new copy here for $32:

https://www.miniaturemarket.com/axis-allies-1941-rgs02553.html
Wolfpac 08
AG
I accumulated a lot of debt in my early 20's - even had other collectors calling me in an effort to collect a debt

I've since gotten rid of that collection
Noname124398
I collect arrowheads as well. All personally found around the houston area.

maroon barchetta
My uncle had a similar collection. I stared at it often when I was at their house.

Lex
I want to get him a nice rig like that to display them. Just haven't yet. But yours is really nice!
vmiaptetr
AG

Dr. Nefario
“You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong.” -Abraham Lincoln

“Veganism is like communism. They’re both fine… unless you like food.”
maddiedou
AG
I am a coin collector

When I first got started I bought and still have about 60,000 wheat pennies

I also collect 1911s
maddiedou
nai06
AG
I have a few collections that i have had to pause on due to space or just need to sell
EDIT: Upon further review, I need to get rid of a lot of stuff.

-Film Cameras
I think I have about 30-40 film cameras that all work. They take anything from 35mm, 120 film, 220, 620, 116 film, 110 film, 126, and 127. The oldest is a Seneca Folding Scout 2A from 1916. I used to shoot a ton of film. Mostly landscapes and cityscapes. I have a series that I did of vintage signs from around the Dallas/Fort Worth are, many of which have since been torn down. I have a decent supply of expired film which you can still use and gives some great effects.

-Hotwheels
100s of them mostly from 2000-2008. I really need to sell these as they are just taking up space.

-Popvinyls
Back when I was teaching I would pick up ones that were discounted and keep them in my classroom. Now that I no longer teach, they are in a box. Also need to sell most of these

-Vinyl
probably 200 records. A good mix of old and new as well as some straight up weird one. Start out buying what you like and not just because it has value. You can often find some good deals at half price books. Check out your local record shop for Record Store Day in the spring.

-Blackwing Pencils
Hands down the best pencils out there. Make Ticonderoga look like garbage. The put out special editions a few times a year and when you are a subscriber they send you a box along with one in a glass tube for display

-Art from my travels
This is a little more general. Instead of buying cheesy souviners I like to buy prints, art, or some sort of collectible from the area I visit. It gets framed and goes on my office wall. I've got Tadelakt carving from Morocco, Native art prints, wood carvings, vintage road maps, paintings, lamps, etc.

-Star Wars stuff
Its not too big of a collection. I have 24 of original figures in an original carrying case, couple of lightsabers, some cosplay stuff, Holocron, and various pins and patches. I also have several things from the Galactic Starcruiser Hotel like, a cocktail glass, two exclusive magic bands, a custom lightsaber, sabacc card deck and chip set, the toiletry set and case from the hotel room, various handouts and branded items from the experience. Finally several Star Wars books (the new Disney ones) written by my friends. In one of those books, my friend named a charachter after me (does this mean I'm official canon?).

-Rubiks Cubes
A **** load of these. the OG 3X3, 2X2, 4X4, 5X5, mirror cubes, shape cubes, ghost cubes, Pyraminx. Mastermorphix, X-cubes, round cubes, gear cubes, etc. Hell I even have some that are shaped like Star Wars Characters.

-Books
I have soooooo many books, part of the deal when you work in publishing and are married to an author. I donate a ton every year and still have boxes of them. Aside from ones my wife wrote and ones our friends wrote we have some first editions and older ones. I have a 1st edition 1st printing of Secrets of Methamphetamine Manufacture by Uncle Fester. It's fairly rare and an important book in 1st amendment history. The author wrote it on a typewriter he borrowed while in jail for meth production charges. They jail/gov tried to prevent the publication but failed. It's now in it's 8th edition and has expanded to all sorts of drugs.
62strat
AG
maroon barchetta said:

I'm with JMac. I am slowly working on purging stuff we don't need.

I'm ready to go Fahrenheit 451 on my wife's books if things don't improve! We don't need books on old programming languages and textbooks from the Master's we completed a couple decades ago, sweetie!

We have done this too. We want to finish our basement after 10 years of living in the house, and we have gotten rid of so much stuff it's liberating. I want it nearly empty when we start, I don't want to have to move a bunch of stuff to a storage container only to bring it back down.

Every piece of furniture that was down there is gone.. it was all random mismatched stuff, some of it we've had for decades. All the books, gone, I bring a large storage bin down there, and just fill it up and throw it away. All my homebrewing stuff which I hadn't use din 2 years, gone. All my live music gear that I hadn't used in a decade, gone.

Next is physical media.. I'm really close to letting it go.. we have vhs, cassettes, cd's, dvds.. Man I really want to just throw it all away.. but that is hard. I do want my kids to at least have the opportunity to thumb through a cd collection, pick one that looks cool to them, and throw it in the player to listen. Maaaaybe one day it will happen.
And some of the vhs are vids from me as a kid, so at least need to identify them and maybe digitize them.

But the movies.. I can do without, they don't have that same nostalgia as a vinyl/cassette/cd in my opinion.

We've also done the garage and my shed, I've dumped like 4-5 loads in my truck in our work dumpster.

Tatem
shoes
clothes
tears of my child

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.