collections.

5,793 Views | 98 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Lex
Lex
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Those are yours?! I've aways wondered and thought,"man, whoever has this collection is a lucky ****." I appreciate you sharing.
Ginormus Ag
AG
Fat cells.
1990Hullaballoo
AG
About 2/3 of my record collection.

This doesn't include the 8!tracks, cassettes or CDs.

I have a Thorens 124 for quality listening and a higher end sound card for my computer to record.
A few years ago bought a Denon USB to record.

Lex
Sweet
Aggie Infantry
AG
I have a bayonet collection.

I wish I could afford the rifles that go with them.

Yes, user name checks out.
Philo B 93
I don't intentionally collect anything, but I have 14 or 15 guitars that I use a lot. Some are for playing out with a band, and I always travel with one. I've made enough money from playing guitar to pay for all of them and more.

I also have more Bluetooth speakers and headphones than any man needs.

Music is my drug of choice.
Fins Up!
AG
Over 1000 CDs, but focusing more on first edition vinyl. I have all of REK's first albums in vinyl, same with Jerry Jeff, Buffett, Allman Brothers and ZZ TOP. I've have the early Dwight Yoakam and Alabama albums as well. Some John Denver.

Inherited firearms, although I'm not actively adding to that collection.

I like old books the way I like vinyl. I like reading the classics.

If I had more $$, I'd collect old cars.

My old scuba gear collection seems to be growing also. Don't know how many extra fins, snaps, straps, and masks with the cheaters not strong enough any more that I have.

I seem to be collecting Hyatt points as well. It'll be fun using them.
Sea Speed
AG
91_Aggie said:

I have a huge collection of seashells. I keep them on the beaches all around the world. Perhaps you have seen some of them.

I may have some for you if you're interested, all brought from Diego Garcia. You almost certainly won't find them anywhere else. Not sure if we got rid of them or not.
Proposition Joe
Never buy one pinball machine because you'll soon have 7 pinball machines.
IIIHorn
I have an arrowhead collection that would make you quiver.
Anchorhold
allen wrenches
Philo B 93
The Chicken Ranch said:

Over 1000 CDs, but focusing more on first edition vinyl. I have all of REK's first albums in vinyl, same with Jerry Jeff, Buffett, Allman Brothers and ZZ TOP. I've have the early Dwight Yoakam and Alabama albums as well. Some John Denver.

Thats some good music. Let's be friends
Agasaurus Tex
AG
I have about 300 vinyl rock/soft rock albums from the 60s/70s boxed away upstairs because my current A/V setup doesn't have room for a turntable. Need to find a solution for that.
whoop1995
AG
I collect ticket stubs - mostly A&M as you can see below- working on framing them into Bowl stubs and tu stubs

Trying to figure out a horns down within the tu stubs and then fill in the rest with the non orange ones. I got about 50 of these tu stubs and the ones I am missing are below in my signature if y'all can help it would be appreciated.
I collect ticket stubs! looking for a 1944 orange bowl and 1981 independence bowl ticket stub as well as Aggie vs tu stubs - 1926 and below, 1935-1937, 1939-1944, 1946-1948, 1950-1951, 1953, 1956-1957, 1959, 1960, 1963-1966, 1969-1970, 1972-1974, 1980, 1984, 1990, 2004, 2008, 2010
Fins Up!
AG
Thanks!

This was a really good find when I got it. Still in the cellophane. It's as good as a record can be from 1968.

Moral High Horse
We have a smashed penny collection from all the places we go. It's the ultimate souvenir since it's cheap, small and less likely to get thrown out like some random mug, tshirt, hat, etc. Agreed, less is more.
C@LAg
IIIHorn said:

make you quiver.

in antici
Big Tuna
Wine and autographs
ARKY AGGIE
AG
Vehicles that need to be repaired. I have three trucks and one car that need to be fixed.
BTHO bacon bits!!!
infinity ag
JMac03 said:

No. The older I get the less **** I want. I randomly get aggravated with clutter and throw a bunch of stuff out. Less is more.

Tell me bout it....

In my younger days I was a hoarder. I even have stuff like ID cards and textbooks from my A&M days in the 90s and even items like my clock radio from those days (which i still use today).

As years go by, I can't stand clutter so I take out a few hours and collect junk and throw them out. Or if they are valuable, I sell them on FB Marketplace.
C@LAg
C@LAg said:

IIIHorn said:

make you quiver.

in antici
-pation
tandy miller
AG
I collect locks of hair from my love interests. Keep them glued to a mannequin head I got out of a Bealls dumpster when they closed down.

Couple more years and she'll have a full head of hair!
FJB
Lex
I bet she's lovely.
Fins Up!
AG
Kind of like a do-it-yourself blow up doll that never gets deflated.
Lex
It's just a head?
tandy miller
AG
Lex said:

It's just a head?

Yes, I had the whole body but had to ditch it when security saw me and started chasing me.
FJB
Lex
You didn't shove her in the truck?
Fins Up!
AG
So he dismembered his mannequin?

It guess we each have our own fetishes.
Lex
Yep. To each their own.
tandy miller
AG
The Chicken Ranch said:

Don't try to yuck my yums
FJB
Lex
tandy miller said:

The Chicken Ranch said:

Don't try to yuck my yums

Don't try. Tandy will deny you.
aglaohfour
AG
I've become increasingly anti-clutter as I've aged and tend to get rid of way more stuff than I buy. But I started several years ago buying Christmas tree ornaments as souvenirs when we travel or see a theater production instead of random useless souvenirs that would end up in the trash eventually. It's really turned into a nice way for us to reminisce when we decorate every year.

My mom also has given me an angel ornament every Christmas since I was born, and I've done the same with my daughter. At this point I have 42 angels and she has 10. Between that and the travel ornaments, I've got two Christmas trees and probably need to add a third soon. It's maybe a little over the top, but it makes me happy and ultimately I only have to see the "clutter" of my collections for one month a year.
C@LAg
tandy miller said:

Lex said:

It's just a head?

Yes, I had the whole body but had to ditch it when security saw me and started chasing me.
then you should have grabbed a womannequin as they are much smaller than mannequins.
maroon barchetta
I like that ornament idea from your travels.
Lex
I'm so happy. Preordered this album when he released it to preorder. I'm so happy. I got the orange pyro for anyone who is looking to get one. The 2 special editions are only him. Regular release has the duets. Album also doesn't have Depression and Obsession. So that's a bummer. But I'll get the other version too and hopefully have the other songs.
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.