Cringiest wedding things you've seen

32,630 Views | 197 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by CDub06
Beer Baron
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Most of my aunts and uncles "took the shuttle" from the hotel to my sister's wedding, only to realize as it whizzed past that there was no shuttle to her wedding. The fact that everyone else on the shuttle was Asian didn't clue them in apparently.
maroon barchetta
Weird. I never considered latex transferring to the food.

I still don't.
Beer Baron
AG
maroon barchetta said:

Did the bbq contain latex?
Yeah I thought the whole point of getting married was to not have to wrap your meat anymore.
maroon barchetta
justnobody79
My friend's first marriage the reception was beyond lame. None of the bride's family drank or danced at all, but to try to get the party started the bride kept line dancing by herself on the dance floor to electric slide, copperhead road, etc. The D.J. kept playing that song from the eHarmony commercials over and over and over again anytime an announcement was made or introduction was made or whatever. I was hopeful for some hot bridesmaids from the bride's sorority but she must have been a member of Omega Mu or something. I did get to take home a good chunk of the leftover canned beer that nobody drank.
Burdizzo
AG
We went to a wedding a few years ago at Alamo Draft House. The couple was somewhat geeky, so there were a lot of inside jokes, one of which was that the bridesmaids dresses were cyan, magenta, and yellow (ink cartridge colors). The groom also made a very entertaining YouTube video they showed on the screen. It was not. cringey if you knew them, but it was definitely different.
vin1041
AG
At cousins daughter shotgun wedding. Ceremony and reception held under the carport of the grooms parents mobile home.

Guest seated at tables set up on the gravel drive way.

They really splurged on the food though. Cake and sandwich trays from Walmart.

Boling, Tx anyone?
Law361
AG
At my cousin's wedding, the best man proposed to his girlfriend during his toast, and then laughed and said he was just kidding. His girlfriend was not in on the joke.
Beer Baron
AG
vin1041 said:

At cousins daughter shotgun wedding. Ceremony and reception held under the carport of the grooms parents mobile home.

I'm reporting this to Tree Hugger so he can sue you for infringing on his Those Cousins stories.
ABATTBQ11
AG
Went to a wedding where the bride was 6 months pregnant. Does that count?
Burdizzo
AG
I was 12 or 13 when I was a groomsman in my cousin's wedding. Five months later, they had a baby. My grandmother's comment was, "The first baby can come anytime after the wedding, but the rest of them take 9 months."
maroon barchetta
vin1041 said:

Tree Hugger changed usernames?
ENG
AG
Not exactly cringy but awkward as hell.

Wedding during pandemic, Oct 2020. Average size wedding but everyone was all over the place as far as pandemic accessories. Most with required masks but a lot of renegade "no maskers", including the bride and groom. Before the ceremony (picture high rise hotel type venue with an outdoor veranda). People are gathered in the lobby with light Hors d'Oeuvres and drinks.

People begin vacating the lobby out to the veranda to be seated for the ceremony.

One gentleman was looking to dispose of his trash and walked by a black gentleman fully protected with face shield, safety glasses under the shield, smocks, rubber gloves, the whole 9 yards. The gentleman (partner at the groom's company) handed the other man his trash.

The fully protected gentleman then declared that he was a guest of the bride. Not only was he a guest, the owner of the practice where the bride worked. Yes, partner dude thought he was the help (along with his wife that was fully protected standing right next to him)
maroon barchetta
It would make sense for the help to be the most covered with PPE since he would be handling people's germ-filled trash.

His assumption was not bad. This guy went way overboard and it had consequences.
ENG
AG
completely

He was known for his over-protection garb
Ghost of Bisbee
AG
Feels like that should be in a curb your enthusiasm episode
justnobody79
I went to a pandemic outdoor wedding with color coded wristbands indicating what level of comfort you had being around others, green was open to handshakes and hugs, yellow was okay with fist bumps or elbow bumps, red was no contact whatsoever
Beer Baron
AG

Quote:

I went to a pandemic outdoor wedding with color coded wristbands indicating what level of comfort you had being around others, green was open to handshakes and hugs, yellow was okay with fist bumps or elbow bumps, red was no contact whatsoever
Purple, of course, was immediate penetration.
VP at Pierce and Pierce
Beer Baron said:

Quote:

Purple, of course, was immediate penetration.

HAHAHAHA
gabehcoud
one dude punched another dude in the bathroom as an act of protecting his girlfriend's honor

remember that nervy?
barbacoa taco
AG
some time ago, someone posted a video of an overly Aggie wedding where everyone was wearing maroon and Noble Men of Kyle was playing during the procession. very cringe.
One Louder
AG
Two different weddings that I didn't attend but that I was told.about:

1. A bride & groom first dance to the Disney song "Beauty & the Beast"

2. My ex had an uncle who was a "late in life" baby and was..."special" (very white trash and much like Kenny Powers' sidekick on "Eastbound & Down") . He got married out in the middle of the country outside his trailer. These are the highlights I remember hearing about:

The trailer was on a dirt patch. Not a blade of grass in sight.

The guests had the option of sitting on lawn chairs, furniture that was normally inside the trailer but had been brought outside for the ceremony, or a beat-up bench seat that had been pulled out of a van.

During the ceremony, one of the members of the bridal party had been tasked with taking photos with a Polaroid. She didn't familiarize herself with this complex piece of tech before the ceremony and while the officiant was speaking, blurted out to someone in the audience "How the hell do you work this g** d*** thing?"

The reception was just feet away from where the ceremony took place and consisted of a sheet cake from the local grocery store placed on a piece of particle board balanced on two saw horses.

The marriage, sadly, did not last. In the divorce, the groom got everything he wanted: camping and fishing gear and the dog.
HarleySpoon
AG
Only watched the hour long video which is publicly viewable on Youtube….but I'm not providing a link:

My wife's grandparents' wedding in 1938 Germany. Dozens of large swastika flags they walk under and swastika flags on the cars. Everyone hail hitlering one another, dozens of guests in SS and regular German army uniforms…including the groom.
Burdizzo
AG
Tecolote said:

Ginormus Ag said:

They had their own private dinner in another building for 3 hours. We were supposed to be served food and drinks at the same time, but the caterer didn't get that instruction, was the excuse.
We had another wedding reception feed many of our guests. Our reception was at the Club Giraud in SA and parking was somehow shared with another reception at another place adjacent/near to the Club. A whole bunch of our wedding party just followed the crowd, got in line for food and drinks and after a while they were wondering why they didn't recognize more people and where we were - and then one friend looked at the embossed napkins and says "holy ****, we're at the wrong reception"

We attended a reception at Club Giraud years ago. Both families were well-established and affluent, so everything was done to a tee. The groom's family owned a manufacturing that manufactured, among other things, bodies for garbage trucks. When it was time for the bride and groom to leave, they didn't take an limo. They left in a brand new, shiny, garbage truck. It was actually really funny to see the bride climb into it in her wedding gown. Everyone was a good sport about it.
Beer Baron
AG
At least they have the excuse that it was 1938 and Germany. I don't think you'd have to look very hard to find something similar today in Indiana or Idaho.
CoachtobeNamed$$$
My own wedding.

I flew down for the ceremony. We would take her car and drive back upstate to where I was living and working after our wedding night.
The ceremony goes fine. We have the reception at her parents house. I ask her about the car and she tells me she hid it in a neighbors garage down the street so it wouldn't get "dressed up" as I was expecting.
Things are winding down and we go outside and there's her car all dressed up. Everyone followed us out and in a jovial mood. She turns around and absolutely goes ballistic. Screaming, yelling every curse word in the book. I remember clearly everyone's mouth open in shock and their big eyes at her tirade. I was embarrassed as hell.
Marriage didn't last a year. Her own father told me months before the wedding that he felt she wanted to marry to get out of the house and the RGV. Should have listened to him.
MouthBQ98
AG
Was at a friend' wedding where his brothers had been engaged in a one-up contest on wedding pranks and they all but wrecked his wife's car "decorating" it at the reception. It was over the top stupid.

After that, cars started being hidden and only approved decorations allowed supervised by a parent of one of those getting married.
EastSideAg2002
Second hand story from SIL
Wedding she went to almost didnt happen. Up into the last minute it was in limbo when it came out during the night before that the groom had been slamming one of the bridesmaids up until a few months before the wedding.
Ag with kids
AG
My cousin got married. Apparently they didn't know the pastor all that well.

So, they're up there and the pastor starts on a sermon...a LONGGGGGG sermon. About how the woman should OBEY in the relationship.

It seriously went on for 15 min or so. Just OBEY this and OBEY that. My other female cousins looked like their veins were going to pop out of their heads.

I was (secretly) laughing my ass off as it happened. My uncle even leaned over to my aunt and whispered to her "SEE!!" and pointed at the pastor.

It was greatness.
Ag with kids
AG
CoachtobeNamed$$$ said:

My own wedding.

I flew down for the ceremony. We would take her car and drive back upstate to where I was living and working after our wedding night.
The ceremony goes fine. We have the reception at her parents house. I ask her about the car and she tells me she hid it in a neighbors garage down the street so it wouldn't get "dressed up" as I was expecting.
Things are winding down and we go outside and there's her car all dressed up. Everyone followed us out and in a jovial mood. She turns around and absolutely goes ballistic. Screaming, yelling every curse word in the book. I remember clearly everyone's mouth open in shock and their big eyes at her tirade. I was embarrassed as hell.
Marriage didn't last a year. Her own father told me months before the wedding that he felt she wanted to marry to get out of the house and the RGV. Should have listened to him.
Ah...a Latina.

Say no more.
ccard257
AG
MouthBQ98 said:

Was at a friend' wedding where his brothers had been engaged in a one-up contest on wedding pranks and they all but wrecked his wife's car "decorating" it at the reception. It was over the top stupid.

I went to a wedding for some people I didn't know at all in Colorado. Apparently it was well known in their group that the bride was a virgin and the groom was not. They painted things like "good luck walking tomorrow" on the car. I'm sure her father was amused.
maroon barchetta
HarleySpoon said:

Only watched the hour long video which is publicly viewable on Youtube….but I'm not providing a link:

My wife's grandparents' wedding in 1938 Germany. Dozens of large swastika flags they walk under and swastika flags on the cars. Everyone hail hitlering one another, dozens of guests in SS and regular German army uniforms…including the groom.

No link?

Are you trying to get people to have "video of Nazi wedding" in their search history?
maroon barchetta
EastSideAg2002 said:

Second hand story from SIL
Wedding she went to almost didnt happen. Up into the last minute it was in limbo when it came out during the night before that the groom had been slamming one of the bridesmaids up until a few months before the wedding.

CoachtobeNamed$$$
Ag with kids said:

CoachtobeNamed$$$ said:

My own wedding.

Ah...a Latina.

Say no more.
You are wise.
NoahAg
ENG said:

Not exactly cringy but awkward as hell.

Wedding during pandemic, Oct 2020. Average size wedding but everyone was all over the place as far as pandemic accessories. Most with required masks but a lot of renegade "no maskers", including the bride and groom. Before the ceremony (picture high rise hotel type venue with an outdoor veranda). People are gathered in the lobby with light Hors d'Oeuvres and drinks.

People begin vacating the lobby out to the veranda to be seated for the ceremony.

One gentleman was looking to dispose of his trash and walked by a black gentleman fully protected with face shield, safety glasses under the shield, smocks, rubber gloves, the whole 9 yards. The gentleman (partner at the groom's company) handed the other man his trash.

The fully protected gentleman then declared that he was a guest of the bride. Not only was he a guest, the owner of the practice where the bride worked. Yes, partner dude thought he was the help (along with his wife that was fully protected standing right next to him)
Probably didn't help that he called him "boy" as he handed over his trash.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.