The one thing I dont miss about the 80s and 90s.

6,422 Views | 72 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Ragnar Danneskjoldd
lancevance
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The smell of cigarette smoke just about anywhere in urban areas. Restaurants, entry ways to buildings, even in offices.

Lucky enough to not have to go to hookah places regularly. Went to one a few weeks ago. No thank you.
Ragnar Danneskjoldd
AG
I miss mental illness not being encouraged and rewarded
PatAg
AG
lancevance said:

The smell of cigarette smoke just about anywhere in urban areas. Restaurants, entry ways to buildings, even in offices.

Lucky enough to not have to go to hookah places regularly. Went to one a few weeks ago. No thank you.
Now you just get people vaping everywhere
Lake08
I miss commercials that accurately represent the countries population vs. interracial couples literally every other commercial
62strat
AG
Who watches commercials lol.
THE_CHOSEN_ONE
Ragnar Danneskjoldd said:

Wasn't Michael Jackson the most famous person in the world during the 80s and 90s?
jetch17
AG
THE_CHOSEN_ONE said:

Wasn't Michael Jackson the most famous person in the world during the 80s and 90s?

That's ignorant.
Ragnar Danneskjoldd
AG
THE_CHOSEN_ONE said:

billie jean was a dope song
maroon barchetta

THE_CHOSEN_ONE said:

billie jean was a dope song

Shah. As if anyone thought Billie Jean was actually his lover.
NoahAg
I don't miss arguing over who was gonna pick up the land line when it rang.

I do miss being able to call people re-tards when they were acting re-tarded.
Let's go, Brandon!
wangus12
AG
lancevance said:

Now its been replaced with weed which generally imo smells way worse
Ragnar Danneskjoldd
AG
THE_CHOSEN_ONE said:

MJ was enormously talented AND had mental illness. Now people just want to have the mental illness and no talent.
Caesar4
AG
NoahAg said:

I don't miss arguing over who was gonna pick up the land line when it rang.

I do miss being able to call people re-tards when they were acting re-tarded.

Lol, I refer to the movie Avatar as Avatard.
MouthBQ98
AG
I don't miss cig smoke at all. It sucked. You stank of it after every night out.
maroon barchetta
Come home from a club or concert venue or dance hall at 2:30 or 3am.

Strip your clothes off and put them in the washer or the garage or out on the porch so they don't stink up the house.

Jump into the shower and wash that stench off.

Then finally go to bed.
Philo B 93
I don't leave the house without my iPhone. I love it. Yet, a big thing I miss about the 80s and 90s is the freedom from the iPhone. It's been as big of a culture changer as air travel.
Apache
AG
This hair was standard issue for girls back in the day throughout my teens.
I don't miss this style, yet somehow the smell of AquaNet still arouses me.
As we used to say back in the day "Big Hair, Big Fun!"
AliasMan02
AG
Lake08 said:

I miss commercials that accurately represent the countries population vs. interracial couples literally every other commercial

Same energy

Ragnar Danneskjoldd
AG
No its totally a thing. Every couple on commercials is interacial and/or gay. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but like a tiny subset of the population is represented as like 90% of americans.
Crow Valley
Right on the money there!!!
superunknown
AG
we need more commercials of white people eating toast for 30 seconds, that's all I know, back from when we were a real country
Al Bula
AG
lancevance said:

The one thing I dont miss about the 80s and 90s
The correct answer is bush.
EFE
AG
wangus12 said:

lancevance said:

Now its been replaced with weed which generally imo smells way worse

Smells like teen spirit
TX_COWDOC
AG
I miss Rawhide

www.southpawprecision.com
Type 07 FFL / Class 2 SOT
Nightforce Optics Dealer
AGM Night Vision Dealer
one safe place
Apache said:

As I got to your post, only the top couple of inches of this gal's picture could be seen. As I read your post, I did not know whether I wanted to see the rest of the picture or not, lol
Iowaggie
AG
Sometimes walking through someone's 2nd hand smoke while outside brings back the sweet nostalgic memories of sitting near someone smoking at a HS football game.

I also miss only having to control a simple joystick while playing atari.
infinity ag
lancevance said:

I am told people smoked in their cubes/offices at work in the 70s.

I visited London 5 years ago and stayed at a Holiday Inn Express (work trip) and the entire hotel was reeking of ciggie smoke. Lord. Never seen that in the US.
Beer Baron
AG
"Why are all these blacks interrupting my NCIS mystery programs!"
swc93
AG
infinity ag said:

lancevance said:

I visited London 5 years ago and stayed at a Holiday Inn Express (work trip) and the entire hotel was reeking of ciggie smoke. Lord. Never seen that in the US.
Vegas smells like cigarettes.
maroon barchetta
superunknown said:

we need more commercials of white people eating toast for 30 seconds, that's all I know, back from when we were a real country

This cereal is an important part of a complete breakfast. *shows photo of bowl of cereal, toast, eggs, bacon, fruit, milk, and orange juice*
maroon barchetta
Apache said:

Neighbor across the way at Scandia apartments had a small refillable bottle of Final Net. She had a jug of that stuff and she refilled that bottle every day.

Her bathroom counter reminded me of the floor at a movie theater due to all the overspray
CajunAg97
AG
I miss the news reporting the news....not their opinions.
In my experience, there's no such thing as luck.
Buck Compton
AG
infinity ag said:

lancevance said:

This didn't stop in the 1970s. At my company in Oklahoma, the people who have been there for decades say the company finally banned smoking in the offices in 2009 or 2010. People were still smoking at their desk then, especially when they had an office..

We still have people dipping all the time in meetings and have a dedicated smoking break room for our warehouse workers for when it is cold outside--it just has an exhaust vent to the outside.

I will be leaving soon though, thankfully. Not because of this, but more because they may be even more behind the times in all other areas of the business.
Iowaggie
AG
My kids find it funny that we used to walk into restaurants and tell them whether we requested the "No Smoking" or "Smoking" section, and there would be a half wall barrier in-between.

Then if there was a wait in the "No Smoking" section, did we want to sit right away in the "Smoking" section or head elsewhere?

Ahh those were the days of the sweet smell of nicotine while in a steak house.
Claude!
Iowaggie said:

My kids find it funny that we used to walk into restaurants and tell them whether we requested the "No Smoking" or "Smoking" section, and there would be a half wall barrier in-between.

Then if there was a wait in the "No Smoking" section, did we want to sit right away in the "Smoking" section or head elsewhere?

Ahh those were the days of the sweet smell of nicotine while in a steak house.
Cigarette machines in the entryway at the dine-in Pizza Hut.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.