Ladies: gym question

5,087 Views | 36 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Tex117
Deputy Travis Junior
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Why do you all do that humpy barbell exercise? What muscle groups and aesthetics do you all think it's improving? From my view point it looks like a great way to bruise your hips and look ridiculous while working out... I guess your lower back? But maybe you all know something I don't.
Eliminatus
AG

They are targeting their number one goal. A well paid and handsome man also working out.
Claude!
Deputy Travis Junior said:

Why do you all do that humpy barbell exercise? What muscle groups and aesthetics do you all think it's improving? From my view point it looks like a great way to bruise your hips and look ridiculous while working out... I guess your lower back? But maybe you all know something I don't.
Are you talking about hip thrusts?
Pirate04
AG
Claude! said:

If it's hip thrusts, it works your glutes while strengthening your hip flexors. Dudes do them too.
javajaws
AG
Don't forget to do your donkey kicks too!
Aggie_Boomin 21
AG
Pirate04 said:

Claude! said:

If it's hip thrusts, it works your glutes while strengthening your hip flexors. Dudes do them too.

Hits the hammys too
EFE
AG
the power kegel machine is pretty dope
bagger05
AG
Ghost of Bisbee
AG
Lol
Pinochet
javajaws said:

Don't forget to do your donkey kicks too!

Is that next to the donkey punch machine?
Sea Speed
AG
Dude, so many girls do the most ridiculous exercises. It is hilarious to watch some of the off the wall setups they have to do their 15th ass workout in a row.
Pirate04
AG
Damn y'all will literally make fun of women for anything. Guess we don't have to have nice asses now ladies!!
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Man, yall have some strange stuff in your kitchen.
double fault
The hip thrust exercise definitely has an "asserting dominance" kind of look to it. Loud grunts while doing them helps a lot too. This exercise has seemed to become much more popular lately for some reason.
TRD-Ferguson
AG
The potential to "shart" appears to be a legit risk.
bam02
AG
Pirate04 said:

Damn y'all will literally make fun of women for anything. Guess we don't have to have nice asses now ladies!!

Back squats, good mornings, lunges will do the same thing and not look like you are trying too hard.
AliasMan02
AG
What human man would discourage women in the gym doing hip thrusts?
Ags4DaWin
AliasMan02 said:

A gay man.
aglaohfour
AG
AliasMan02 said:

What straight human man would discourage women in the gym doing pretty much anything?

fify
Pirate04
AG
Ags4DaWin said:

AliasMan02 said:

A gay man.

I think a gay man would be a woman's biggest cheerleader because they're not sexualizing any exercise in the gym.
Ags4DaWin
Pirate04 said:

Ags4DaWin said:

AliasMan02 said:

A gay man.

I think a gay man would be a woman's biggest cheerleader because they're not sexualizing any exercise in the gym.

Point taken I would think they would cheer a woman on for working out her money maker.

So I guess this means no man would discourage some hip thrusts?
Sea Speed
AG
I use the hip thrust machine on off deadlift days as a support exercise for the deadlift. I like it. It's basically the one machine that I think is better than the free weight exercise.
Ol_Ag_02
AG
Pirate04 said:

Now, now. There's no need to be hasty. OP most certainly doesn't speak for us.

Ladies, as you were.
bam02
AG
Sea Speed said:

I use the hip thrust machine on off deadlift days as a support exercise for the deadlift. I like it. It's basically the one machine that I think is better than the free weight exercise.

There is no machine that is better than free weights. Period.
Sea Speed
AG
Well its a good thing I stated that as my own personal opinion and not fact then isn't it buddy.
$3 Sack of Groceries
AG
Sea Speed said:

Are you talking about the Smith Machine?
Sea Speed
AG
Yea man. I'm talking about the smith machine. It is the best invention for weightlifting since the barbell.
Ag with kids
AG
Eliminatus said:

They are targeting their number one goal. A well paid and handsome man also working out.
I'm not sure...umm...jfc...what were we talking about?

I'm at a loss for words.
AggieArchitect04
AG
I'm still trying to figure out what exercise OP is talking about.

Is it the one where you are laying on your back with a dumbbell on your pelvis and you are thrusting upward?
Claude!
AggieArchitect04 said:

I'm still trying to figure out what exercise OP is talking about.

Is it the one where you are laying on your back with a dumbbell on your pelvis and you are thrusting upward?
Glute bridge:

Hip thrust:

$3 Sack of Groceries
AG
Sea Speed said:

Yea man. I'm talking about the smith machine. It is the best invention for weightlifting since the barbell.

I still have no idea if you're being sarcastic.

Mostly I'm just wondering if you honestly thought the smith machine was called the hip thrust machine.
LupinusTexensis
We're definitely only doing it to remind you of sex.
Ag with kids
AG
LupinusTexensis said:

We're definitely only doing it to remind you of sex.
We thank you for that.
AggieArchitect04
AG
I've done the glute bridge plenty of times.

I think it's important women know I can still offer something when they're on top.
62strat
AG

Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.