Something You've Done No One Else Here Has Done

57,930 Views | 520 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Max Power
El Quimico
How long do you want to ignore this user?
wcheney said:

Scuba dived around Socotra Island off the coast of Yemen and swum with whale sharks in Philippines.
That's impressive. I've wanted to go to Socotra for the past several years, but Yemen is still a no go zone.
Philo B 93
If I said mine, I would give up my anonymity. But it's a pretty cool thing.
maroon barchetta
Philo B 93 said:

If I said mine, I would give up my anonymity. But it's a pretty cool thing.

Slapped Chris Rock did ya??
KnuckleSandwich
AG
Drank beer in the back of a cop car whilst driving around talladega super speedway in the middle of the night.
pilgrim82
AG
SERE here, also...
GAC06
AG
And here
Green2Maroon
AG
I tried to go back to the National Guard in 2014 but sleep apnea put a stop to that. I wanted to get a commission with my degree.
pilgrim82
AG
Also watched a mongoose/cobra fight, in Okinawa...
Sea Speed
AG
Little different experience in Okinawa, i salvaged a downed MV-22 Osprey from the beach while civilians protested.

Eta - no casualties.
Larry S Ross
AG
Sang a short duet w country star Lynn Anderson.
Good Day.
Claude!
pilgrim82 said:

Also watched a mongoose/cobra fight, in Okinawa...
That's where I saw it.
pilgrim82
AG
It wasn't "Rose Garden," was it? Because I now have that song stuck in my head...thanks!
TRIDENT
AG
birdman said:

TRIDENT said:

Caught five species of billfish: Atlantic blue marlin, Pacific blue marlin, Striped Marlin, swordfish, Atlantic sailfish. Plus mako, wahoo, yellowfin tuna, mahimahi, cobia, tarpon, snook and more. I've got a bad fishing habit.
I have a grand slam of billfish.

Badass birdman! If you ever find yourself in Galveston County, I'ld be happy to buy the bourbon and cigars and swap some stories.

Mine were all caught on handline. Old Man and the Sea style.
YouBet
AG
Eliminatus said:

Told on another thread but I died in a car accident. Not sure many here can say that.

Also been blown up six times. Twice on foot, four in vehicle. Multiple concussions finally turned my brain into enough mush that after the last one I couldn't look up without falling over or walk up stairs or hold a pen. Got pieced back together enough to work as a human again and somehow managed to become an engineer (as of this semester, WHOOP!). I despise celebrating myself but I am proud of that last one.

Also survived being a sniper target. And got revenge on his sniper friend a few weeks later by firing a Javelin into his hide. My cool guy moment in service.
I died in a drowning incident.

Have yet to be blown up though.
Southlake
Dated both Emory Ballard and Daryl Royals nieces.

Farted in an elevator with Eddie Murphy next to me (he laughed)

Flew Baby Doc D'Vallier out of Haiti on a Sec Ops mission

Communicated with a MiG 28 in a -4 G inverted dive.

(Ok, the last one is a lie but Top Gun is next week!)

Hamburger Dan
Nothing life altering, but I've had several oddities. Here's a few:
I've had two holes in one.
Met Gil Brandt, & tried on his Super Bowl ring- mid 80's.
Had a short mention in a book on High School coaches in Texas.

ATX_AG_08
AG
Twins
tamu80
AG
I plowed a field behind a horse drawn plow.

My grandfather showed me how to steer (and raise and lower) for the first couple of rows and I did the rest of the rows. It wasn't a big field.
Redstone
AG
- Auditioned for Young and the Restless in 2003.
- Helped nationally known journalists with research in TX politics, based on my grandfather.
- Shortly before 9/11, rode in the Senate underground train with Sen. Kennedy and Sen. Jesse Helms
- In 2009, coach Gary Blair was bored and I hung out with him for a morning just talking.
TexasAggie81
Worked for the FBI's foreign counterintelligence section. That's all I can say.
Claude!
TexasAggie81 said:

Worked for the FBI's foreign counterintelligence section. That's all I can say.
I'm surprised you got a job there with such a limited vocabulary.
Hogties
AG
hph6203 said:

scd88 said:

Also got married to the the same girl twice in a span of three weeks.
My brother did this.
My uncle did this too. But he came back to the same woman 25 years later for the hat trick. Divorced again after a year. What's the definition of insanity?
Kool
AG
Been mock charged (twice) and roared at by a male adult lion while on foot in South Africa (sorry, didn't see you eating that Cape buffalo). Most frightened I've ever been, the sound of him roaring at us was absolutely intense. On that same trip, our small plane pilot had to "buzz" a giraffe to get him off of our runway, then a few days later we had to get evacuated because our camp burned to the ground in a wildfire (latter two in Botswana).

Spent a Saturday positioning and doing CT scans on about 20 human cadaver heads in preparation for an image guided sinus surgery course. That was creepy.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Satellite of Love
I'd say bang your mom but we all know everyone has ridden that train many times.
Anchorhold
A friend's mother has been married ten times. Four of those to said friend's father.
maroon barchetta
Anchorhold said:

A friend's mother has been married ten times. Four of those to said friend's father.

You knew Liz Taylor?
hoosier-daddy
My pig found itself smart enough to hop over the barrier from his pen to the next pen and eat all of that pigs food, and go to the next one and eat all of that pigs food, and the next one and eat all of that pigs food and make his way back in time when it was my time to feed him he had already eaten 3 meals and was sitting there waiting for me and I would feed him and he would eat that and that's why he gained so much weight and got sifted at the fat stock show.
Mr. White
Onward and upward. Enjoy the next chapter.
vin1041
AG
Got to spend 6 weeks on Diego Garcia.
Sea Speed
AG
vin1041 said:

Got to spend 6 weeks on Diego Garcia.

8 months total on multiple trips. Caught a 500 lb black marlin, 10 foot shark, several tuna and a 60 lb wahoo there as well as dozens of giant trevalle and bonefish. Mailed home like 100 lbs of coral and shells too, unbeknownst to the BIOT cops.
muleshoe
AG
Ragoo said:

Ridden bulls in Marion Texas
Was that at Vic's?
cavjock88
AG
Gotten five degrees from A&M.
Ragoo
AG
muleshoe said:

Ragoo said:

Ridden bulls in Marion Texas
Was that at Vic's?

I believe so

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Marion,+TX+78124/@29.5667664,-98.1378555,18z/data=!3m1!1e3!4m2!3m1!1s0x865c956147a0592f:0xb9f678efad662d6d
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Night diving in the barrier reef looking for sharks. Far flung reaches of the reef.

As a 20 year old intern, got picked up by a young/attractive female flight attendant who was on the last leg of a trip that was stranding me in Salt Lake City. Certainly beat sleeping in the airport.

One time, I saw a blimp.
proc
AG
I got an F bomb published by a Court of Appeals in Texas.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.