Chester found some kittens

5,271 Views | 69 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by SquareOne07
tandy miller
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Went into my shop to get a cooler and Chester found some kittens. They're all alive, and I put them in an upside down feeder lid with a towel. They could only have gotten in in the past 48 or so hours, so the kittens are very young assuming they hatched where Chester found them. All 3 still have umbilical cords.

A few questions-
Do I need to leave water out for the mom (not leaving food, as she is a stray and I don't want a cat)
-If the kittens nurse here will they think it's their home and hang around as adults? Bc that's a no go also.

FJB
Scotty Flamingo
I've named one Beebo already.
tandy miller
AG
Which one is beebo
FJB
Geralt of Rivia
S
I don't see Chester
tandy miller
AG
I was going to go with Edwin, Marvin, and Amos, but they all appear to be female.

Not sure though, as I have not seen any adolescent genitalia. Perhaps WBT can weigh in
FJB
Geralt of Rivia
S
Name one Lopenthorpe, please
tandy miller
AG
Geralt of Rivia said:

I don't see Chester

FJB
Ol_Ag_02
AG
Little salt, little butter. Saut until golden brown.
Lex
They are mine so you will not name any of them.
tandy miller
AG
Lex said:

They are mine so you will not name any of them.

Come get em. Take the mom while you're at it
FJB
Lex
And their names are actually Baby Cow(Cow for short), Daggers(just Daggers) and Hershey Squirts(Hershey for short).
azul_rain
what a wholesome post, good stuff Tandy
UTExan
Look for mom and feed her/give her water. She is likely famished after giving birth and desperately seeking nutrition and water. Let her be with her kittens and then take them to the animal shelter after a week or so where they can be adopted. A litter box filled with dirt can suffice until you take them.
It is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness- Sir Terence Pratchett
“ III stooges si viveret et nos omnes ad quos etiam probabile est mittent custard pies”
Anchorhold
New chew toys!
Frankie T
tandy miller said:

Not sure though, as I have not seen any adolescent genitalia. Perhaps WBT can weigh in

It may be hard for him to tell from those pictures. If you can get them up and marching around a bit I'm sure WBT can give us the answer.
tandy miller
AG
UTExan said:

Look for mom and feed her/give her water.

I have a pan of lasagna heating up for her as we speak
FJB
tandy miller
AG
Lex said:

And their names are actually Baby Cow(Cow for short), Daggers(just Daggers) and Hershey Squirts(Hershey for short).

I like lopenthorpe better
FJB
azul_rain
Never been a big Garfield fan myself
tandy miller
AG
Never been a big cat fan myself
FJB
Frankie T
You have just immortalized that day you started down the path of weird cat guy. Twenty years from now we can all bump this thread and then try to avoid eye contact with you.
Geralt of Rivia
S
tandy miller said:

Lex said:

MouthBQ98
AG
The mother will relocate them elsewhere most likely, now that they've been disturbed.
Lex
tandy miller said:

Lex said:

Don't care what you like. They are mine.
Lex
MouthBQ98 said:

The mother will relocate them elsewhere most likely, now that they've been disturbed.

I told you this, Tandy.
C@LAg
everyone point and laugh.

chester gets more ***** than tandy.
80s Guy
C@LAg said:

Any is better than none
FIDO*98*
AG
My dog found a stray kitten once in our black yard. She made sure it wasn't alive much longer
C@LAg
80s Guy said:

C@LAg said:

Any is better than none
last I read, he just gets flowers from girls.

and by flowers, we are not talking vagina. but orchids.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
Pit bull owners.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
FIDO*98* said:

My dog found a stray kitten once in our black yard. She made sure it wasn't alive much longer
so no cats in your white yard? Sounds like your dog needs to meet a Twitter mob.
Eliminatus
AG
Keep a close eye on them and make sure mom cat still comes around. Also make sure their temp housing is very close to where you found them. Or even same spot. Water will help the mom a lot. If no mother cat in sight after about a day, you might need to intervene. Keep your dog away and just wait it out for a while.

If no go, congrats! You are a cat dad now! Need to get kitten formula (from Walmart) and feed them every coupla hours. Keep them warm, massage their backsides to get them to **** and piss. You'll have a story to tell when people ask about your three cats ten years from now!
tandy miller
AG
Eliminatus said:

Keep a close eye on them and make sure mom cat still comes around. Also make sure their temp housing is very close to where you found them. Or even same spot. Water will help the mom a lot. If no mother cat in sight after about a day, you might need to intervene. Keep your dog away and just wait it out for a while.

If no go, congrats! You are a cat dad now! Need to get kitten formula (from Walmart) and feed them every coupla hours. Keep them warm, massage their backsides to get them to **** and piss. You'll have a story to tell when people ask about your three cats ten years from now!

Mom cat is around.

If it were the latter I'd probably let nature take its course. I'm not a cat person, and I'm sure as hell not fondling a kitten B hole to ****
FJB
Eliminatus
AG
tandy miller said:

Eliminatus said:

Mom cat is around.

If it were the latter I'd probably let nature take its course. I'm not a cat person, and I'm sure as hell not fondling a kitten B hole to ****

Good that mom is around. Can always contact local shelter too. They know what to do if she doesn't come around anymore or rejects them.

And just wait until your dog needs to get his anal glands expressed. You're gonna love it. And the smell too!
tandy miller
AG
Eliminatus said:

tandy miller said:

Eliminatus said:

Mom cat is around.

Good that mom is around. Can always contact local shelter too. They know what to do if she doesn't come around anymore or rejects them.

And just wait until your dog needs to get his anal glands expressed. You're gonna love it. And the smell too!

Groomer does that
FJB
tandy miller
AG
Mom moved one back to original spot. It's cold concrete, and I'm worried about it being too cold since their body temp is already low. Should I move that one with the other two? Or move the other 2 back to the original spot?

They seem to want to ball up and share warmth
FJB
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.