Everyone who has experienced power outages check in here

11,341 Views | 141 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Bobby Petrino`s Neckbrace
Shakes the Clown
How long do you want to ignore this user?
No
It's been such a long running issue
I assumed it was another day without power
Lol

Congrats Coach!!!
Hey Nav
AG
https://dailytimes.com/news/article_3840dd50-8208-11eb-b560-773c50521662.html

Behind a paywall, but it sounded like a "PR nightmare".

Quote:

CTEC customers waited in a line that stretched to the sidewalk to address the CTEC board on Tuesday afternoon, and many of them Kerr County Commissioner Don Harris included wanted to view the proceedings.
"I was planning on going over there to listen to the customers and listen to the board and get their responses, but lo and behold, we get there and they only allow six people to come in at a time and talk to them," Harris said later that day. "You couldn't hear; it's not on YouTube or anything."
Quote:

"It just looks shady when you don't allow the media to even listen to it or anything," Harris said. "You got 3 minutes, and that was it. Everybody wanted to listen to everybody else, what they went through, and hear the response from the board members. It's been a PR nightmare for them, and just when you don't think they can get any lower I wasn't planning on talking, but I did go in and talk because of that. I said, look, hats off to your lineman and everything, but this is terrible. You turn media away, and you're not being transparent at an open meeting."
Quote:

Loth said the event was not streamed on the internet because CTEC is a private company it's not a taxing entity and not subject to the Texas Open Meetings Act and he said only one other co-op in the state streamed its board meetings for a time, and none do now.

"I'm not going to disagree for a minute that it would have been better to have it in a big place and let us give a 45-minute presentation on why we did what we did, and probably half the people wouldn't even have even talked, but that couldn't be done on a short notice," Loth said. "We should have waited another week and let our legs get underneath us and get better documented on outages. We're going to have a lot better information in a week."

Bobby Petrino`s Neckbrace
Bob Loth is a bich assed punk who has no idea how to run a business. I spoke to him more than once during the event and subsequent 23 day outage. He reminds me of Mario Cuomo. He is all-knowing, doesn't accept feedback, and doesn't give a damn about the welfare of his customers.

I went to the Board meeting.

They made everyone stand outside in the rain, and only admitted 6 ppl at a time to talk. No outside amplification, so nobody outside could hear what was being said by those inside the building. Each person got 3 minutes to talk and 2 minutes to listen to the board's response. That's 30 mins per every group of 6. I was 25th in line. That means my wait time would be 2+ hours. After i got interviewed by the Kerrville newspaper reporters (outside the building), I left.

Things they could have done better:

1. Set up speakers outside, so those that were standing in line could hear previous questions and comments. There is no point in the board just answering the same 3 or 4 questions over and over again.
2. Live stream the meeting. I don't care what Bob Loth says about other co-ops, he's still a btch assed punk.
3. Allow customers to ask questions via email, since that's how we were notified of the meeting in the first place. They then could have posted their replies on social media (I'm shocked that CTEC actually has a facebook page), as well as giving their replies to the Fredericksburg newspaper.

I wrote a letter to the editor of our paper today. If CTEC's intent was to further anger their hostages, I mean customers, they did a fine job of doing that on Tuesday.

Let me reiterate. What Bob Loth did with regards to the meeting was deliberate. There absolutely was intent to make people quit standing in line. I saw Fburg cops run the media off while I was in line. Bob can now say, "hey, we had a meeting and gave access to the public. What else do you want me to do?"

I want to you quit or get fired, Bob. You are a despicable human being.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.