Everyone who has experienced power outages check in here

11,296 Views | 141 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Bobby Petrino`s Neckbrace
wangus12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Lost power sometime this early AM. Nothing yet, but the street ours connects to has power now
Beer Baron
AG
A little over 24 hours here, but I know people both in Austin and Dallas that got hit with the initial 2:00 a.m. shut down yesterday and still haven't gotten power back.
Sticks&Stones
AG
30 hours at my house in Huntsville - from 1130 yesterday morning until 530 this evening.

The Boy Scout and weather geek in me was prepared, though. Fireplace, propane heater, camp stove, generator, and extra fuel for everything. The entire area was dark, but we had neighbors over to watch tv and play video games.
imnag07
AG
Yes, Shiner,TX.

1 hour on, 4-5 without currently. Been like this for about 36 hours or so...
SWCBonfire
AG
36 hours + now without power in Rockport.

We'll see if we get any power tomorrow. Not holding my breath.
80s Guy
36+ Hours south of Waco. Lost water last night. Finally today was able to haul a couple hundred gallons from a friend to the cows. We said **** it and went to my office/plant in woodway that has never lost power or water and we are camping out until I here we have power.

The pipe breakage on some outside pipes will be major. The guy who built/remodeled our house in the country had way too many water spigots exposed 2 ft above the ground. I have insulated them but it didn't help.
javajaws
AG
41 hours straight and counting here in Round Rock.
toucan82
However many hours it's been since 1 a.m. on Monday in Corpus
AgOutsideAustin
AG
Sticks&Stones said:

30 hours at my house in Huntsville - from 1130 yesterday morning until 530 this evening.

The Boy Scout and weather geek in me was prepared, though. Fireplace, propane heater, camp stove, generator, and extra fuel for everything. The entire area was dark, but we had neighbors over to watch tv and play video games.

Did y'all wear masks ?

Just kidding
nai06
AG
We had rotating outages on Monday from 1am to 7am every 30 minutes. It never came back on after 7am and we still don't have power.
AliasMan02
AG
Was without power for 32 hours until around lunchtime today. Lost water shortly after that AND have a boil notice for whenever we do get water. Luckily filled a tub yesterday so we can flush toilets, and we have plenty of drinking water. In the meantime I am enjoying the most enjoyable of simple miracles that a man can experience... urinating outside in the snow.

Got the gas fireplace working yesterday but last night was still a cold one. Should be good tonight even if we do lose power, though.

We were supposed to start out pack and load for the move tomorrow, but f that noise. I called the boss and told her how it was gonna be (read: begged politely) and that has been pushed to next week.
HossAg
AG
48 hours down now. Had a burst pipe in the house. Phone Internet only works at night when ATT bandwidth is freed up. ****ing ridiculous.
2PacShakur
AG
Sticks&Stones said:

https://www.amazon.com/carbon-monoxide-detector/b/ref=dp_bc_aui_C_4?ie=UTF8&node=495272
Hwy30East
Going on 48 hours now without power.
toolshed
AG
Do you have any heat source, fireplace?
aggiephoenix02
Austin 78753 56+ hours with no power.

I'm so bored and cold...
AgOutsideAustin
AG
aggiephoenix02 said:

Austin 78753 56+ hours with no power.

I'm so bored and cold...

That's terrible what is the temperature in your place ? Hopefully you have a working gas fireplace....
MAROON
AG
77005 Houston out for 36 hours but we just got power back
What do you boys want for breakfast BBQ ?.....OK Chili.
Scotty Flamingo
Haven't had power since early Monday morning. I'm sleeping at work. It sucks.
Hwy30East
We have a gas stove, and fireplace. It got down to 45 in the house.
HockeyAg07
AG
Lost power Monday at 3a and got it back Wednesday at 10a. So 55 hours consecutive. Hooray for parents that live nearby that were okay to let me and my family shack up with them.
toucan82
The Fiend said:

Haven't had power since early Monday morning. I'm sleeping at work. It sucks.
Firefly Fun House?
Beer Baron
AG
Just hit the 48-hour mark here.
toucan82
stay safe everyone
wbt5845
AG
Lasted 29 hours for me. I feel for those of you still suffering. I'll buy you a beer next time I see you.
HossAg
AG
Finally got fkn power back.
Jimmy McNulty
AG
Mine is still rolling but it seemed like it was on for longer stretches today. On Monday it was out about every 20-30 minutes.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
About 11 hours with power so far. Testes crossed for the rest of you still suffering.
azul_rain
same back at 12
you may all go to hell and i will go to Texas
george1992
I think we had a power outage in Boerne because I have an alarm clock that is blinking and the time is wrong. Now I've got to change the gawdamn time and reset the effin alarm.
HossAg
AG

azul_rain
I can't see anything
you may all go to hell and i will go to Texas
HossAg
AG
It's a South Park "Annnd it's gone" meme. Staff holding me down too.
AliasMan02
AG
We have had power off and on some today, and it's been on now for nearly 6 hours straight.

Water is our big issue. No pressure, and under a boil order.

Managed to get to some friends today to take a shower, bathe the kids, and do one load of laundry RIGHT before their boil order started.

I'm guessing we'll be in this state until sometime Friday, but will have more and more sustained power availability with the temps not being nearly so bad.
BoxingAg84

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.