Bringing your dog inside Home Depot

20,020 Views | 227 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Ol_Ag_02
Baby Billy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Isn't this kinda weird? More and more people are doing it these days. I saw dog piss on the floor of the irrigation aisle yesterday. Leave your dog in the car or at home
Cramp00
Haven't flown in the last 20 years have you?
John Francis Donaghy
ehrmantraut said:

Isn't this kinda weird? More and more people are doing it these days. I saw dog piss on the floor of the irrigation aisle yesterday. Leave your dog in the car or at home

You saw a dog that could read!?!?!
kevmiller
Not sure when as a society it was decided to let dogs go anywhere but it has gotten ridiculous
A dog is not a person.
You don't need take your dog inside a store
Talon2DSO
AG
I bring my dog with me to the hardware store. He's great. Probably the best dog I've ever had. They love him everywhere he goes.
GAC06
AG
You expect someone to leave their precious fur baby in the car or even worse home alone for an extended period of time? Home Depot can be an intimidating place and who are you to question someone bringing their emotional support rescue?
oldschool87
AG
John Francis Donaghy said:

ehrmantraut said:

You saw a dog that could read!?!?!

Every time I go, my dog goes with me. Most every kid pets him. My dog goes on grass not concrete.
Texker
AG
I'm a dog person so don't mind dogs at HD, Lowe's etc. I'd much rather the owners bring them in the store than leave in the car.
LeisureSuitLarry
Lately, I am seeing more people with dogs in the grocery store.
Saw one lady had her dog riding in the shopping cart.
Teslag
AG
Texker said:

I'm a dog person so don't mind dogs at HD, Lowe's etc. I'd much rather the owners bring them in the store than leave in the car.

Why can't they leave them at home?
Post removed:
by user
Texker
AG
Leather Tuscadero said:

Texker said:

Valid question. Just a guess but probably separation anxiety on the part of the dog and perhaps the owner.
Max Power
AG
I don't think I've ever seen a dog screaming and pitching a fit in a hardware store, or any other establishment for that matter. Kids on the other hand generally exhibit far worse behavior. If the dog behaves I have no issue with it, it's usually people that are the problem.
boboguitar
AG
Home Depot allows and encourages dogs to go to their store.

I bring my well-trained dalmatian with me whenever I go. Kids and adults alike, love seeing him.

I could leave him at home, but then again, I don't give a **** what the OP thinks.
The Fife
Cramp00 said:

Haven't flown in the last 20 years have you?
I have wonderful news for you!

New Rule from DOT

Quote:

Airlines will no longer be required to transport emotional support animals. Airlines no longer will be required to accommodate travelers who want to fly with emotional support animals such as pigs, rabbits and turkeys under a final rule announced Wednesday by the U.S. Department of Transportation
Wolfpac 08
AG
I don't take my dog when I'm just going to Home Depot, but there's a PetSmart right next door to our HD, so I'll take him there from time to time. And if I remember I need something from HD while we're at PS, I'll take him in.

It's not bc I worry about him in the car, it's bc I worry about some crazy Karen breaking my window and calling PETA.

LukeDuke
AG
It's stupid...I feel bad for people that are allergic to dogs.
Hamburger Dan
I take my dog to Lowe's or Home Depot, if I'm in the outdoor/nursery section. People have been doing this for 10-15 years.
TXAG 05
AG
I love dogs, but I've never understood people that feel they have to take them shopping or out to eat.
lotsofhp
AG
The dog stuff has gotten way out of hand. I dated a girl who had to take her 3 dogs everywhere. It was annoying as hell. I just want to run to Home Depot, I don't feel like loading up all the dogs, bringing their **** bags, getting hair all over the car, etc.

Now I'm married and my sister in law who's in her mid 20s living in Dallas bought a goldendodle or whatever it's called and so the rest of the family is constantly being inconvenienced with that thing. It's a good dog and everything, and it's not a big enough deal to make a stand on, but it's annoying to me having that dog in my house every time she comes down to visit. It makes the house smell.

I ate at a bbq place the other day and a girl brought her dog. When she got her food, she took the tray it came on, filled it with water and let the dog drink off the tray. Gross.

And don't compare your dog to a child. That's ridiculous.
mrad85
AG
If your Home Depot is like mine, any dog you may bring into the store is probably smarter than any of the folks working there.

zephyr88
AG
ehrmantraut said:

It's obvious you aren't a dog person, but is your problem then dog in the store or the pee on the floor? Accidents happen - maybe it was a young dog or a dog that isn't accustomed to going in with him. I'm assuming the owner cleaned it up, right?

My dog is my constant companion on most of my weekend trips - even when I go to my Home Depot. I guess the only place he doesn't go with me is the grocery store.
Post removed:
by user
ac04
leave your damn dogs at home
Post removed:
by user
saw em off
Texker said:

Leather Tuscadero said:

Texker said:

Valid question. Just a guess but probably separation anxiety on the part of the dog and perhaps the owner.
Great, now we're raising snowflake dogs too? Get me off this planet!
WES2006AG
AG
I should NEVER have to interact with someone else's dog in public. Anyone who can't make it through Home Depot or anywhere else without their dog should be publicly ridiculed until their behavior changes.
histag10
AG
LeisureSuitLarry said:

Ill be a Karen and tell the store to either have her leave or ill call the health department.

I dont need dog hair on my produce.
histag10
AG
WES2006AG said:

I should NEVER have to interact with someone else's dog in public. Anyone who can't make it through Home Depot or anywhere else without their dog should be publicly ridiculed until their behavior changes.

I assume this statement excludes people who have a service dog, and can literally not go anywhere in public without their dog.
Bob Loblaws Law Blog
AG
WES2006AG said:

So they're bringing their dogs AND forcing you to interact with them? Now people have gone too far.

I've got no issue with people brining their dog to Lowe's or Home Depot, but if your dog makes a mess and you don't clean it up, you're a flawed guy.
histag10
AG
Texker said:

Leather Tuscadero said:

Texker said:

Win for dog haters- FAA will no longer allow emotional support animals on planes. They must be checked in cargo. The only animals now allowed (within 30 days of now) will be service animals, which they specifically define as dogs that have been trained and registered as service dogs per the ADA.
kevmiller
Texker said:

Leather Tuscadero said:

Texker said:

Separation anxiety... from a dog?
Really

The older I get the dumber phrases they keep coming up with
boboguitar
AG
Just a reminder, Half Price Books allows dogs in the store as well.
oldschool87
AG
histag10 said:

LeisureSuitLarry said:

Ill be a Karen and tell the store to either have her leave or ill call the health department.

Where is the produce isle at Home Depot that would save me a extra trip!
kevmiller
oldschool87 said:

histag10 said:

LeisureSuitLarry said:

Where is the produce isle at Home Depot that would save me a extra trip!

Reading must be difficult for you

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.