Why does Jim Gaffigan have a job?

8,791 Views | 57 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Builder93
Scoopen Skwert
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Which one of you idiots is responsible for this?
PneumAg
I think he's reasonably funny.
TequilaMockingbird
Hoooooottt pooockeeeeetttts
Builder93
AG
Note to self:

BH93 is not funny......and maybe a sociopath....
Scoopen Skwert
AG
Builder93 said:

Note to self:

BH93 is not funny......and maybe a sociopath....

I will wear your flesh as a coat.
boy09
AG
The most recent episode of Conan O'Brien Needs Friends with Jim Gaffigan is fantastic.
Fat Bib Fortuna
Jim Gaffigan has been my favorite comedian since forever. Really happy he's blown up. I even watched "My Boys" because he was in it and because I was in love with Jordana Spiro.

AggieBand2004
AG
OPhas ****ty taste in comedians
aggiebq03+
TequilaMockingbird said:

Hoooooottt pooockeeeeetttts

Diarrheeeeaaaaaaaaaaa Pockets.
Micah97
AG
Pope pockets.
scd88
AG
What inspired this post? Gaffigan is great - doesn't need to drop the f-bomb to be funny. Stays away from politics, although he had one quick bit on his Noble Ape show. And he's a fat guy.
P.C. Principal
OP probably thinks Dane Cook is the best comedian out there
Shakes the Clown
Why does OP have an account?
GIF Reactor
AG
I love Gaffigan. He is hilarious and has a clean show, which is refreshing, and unfortunately very rare in comedy.
Scoopen Skwert
AG
P.C. Principal said:

Eddie Murphy, George Carlin, Richard Pryor and Robin Williams. That's my Mount Rushmore of comedians.
Bobby Petrino`s Neckbrace
3 of those dudes are dead, and the other one is no longer relevant.
AggieBand2004
AG
bh93 said:

P.C. Principal said:

Eddie Murphy, George Carlin, Richard Pryor and Robin Williams. That's my Mount Rushmore of comedians.

So by your logic, no band should "have a job" unless they are The Beatles, The Stones, Floyd, or Led. Gotcha.
Scoopen Skwert
AG
AggieBand2004 said:

bh93 said:

P.C. Principal said:

So by your logic, no band should "have a job" unless they are The Beatles, The Stones, Floyd, or Led. Gotcha.

Don't you dare say I'm logical.

I like other comedians. I simply despise that dude's voice. Perhaps his content is on point and witty but his voice is nails on a chalkboard to me.

Caesar4
AG
OP is a Moran

ac04
please direct us to some of your hilarious posts so we can appreciate your sense of humor
Bobby Petrino`s Neckbrace
ac04 said:

please direct us to some of your hilarious posts so we can appreciate your sense of humor
He's gonna need some cream for that burn
scd88
AG
I have heard from a few others about his voice being annoying. That was from my bougie sister in law in Austin and her snobby husband...I actually don't trust their judgement for a multitude of reasons..

Anyhow, I've heard others say Gaffigan has an annoying voice.
Scoopen Skwert
AG
ac04 said:

My post on the Jimbo Fisher's arrival was post of the day.
Aston04
AG
He's funny... But kind of a one trick pony. Does that shocked voice (of pretentious people) to his jokes over and over...
Scoopen Skwert
AG
Aston04 said:

He's funny... But kind of a one trick pony. Does that shocked voice (of pretentious people) to his jokes over and over...

Thank you.
AggieBand2004
AG
bh93 said:

AggieBand2004 said:

bh93 said:

P.C. Principal said:

I like other comedians. I simply despise that dude's voice. Perhaps his content is on point and witty but his voice is nails on a chalkboard to me.

I can't stand Robin William's standup. It's disjointed chaos, randomly inserted voices performed with zero comedic timing.

But I realize that's my opinion, and it's not one that is shared by many people. So he's obviously a damn good comedian.
Builder93
AG
AggieBand2004 said:

bh93 said:

AggieBand2004 said:

bh93 said:

P.C. Principal said:

I can't stand Robin William's standup. It's disjointed chaos, randomly inserted voices performed with zero comedic timing.

But I realize that's my opinion, and it's not one that is shared by many people. So he's obviously a damn good comedian.
What makes Robin Williams funny is the super fast connections he makes between things. Probably part of an ADD brain or something along those lines. He links things together that most would never see, especially at that pace.
Trident 88
AG
His joke about bears and camping is one of my all time favorites.
Builder93
AG
bh93 said:

P.C. Principal said:

I used to like EM but maybe as I've gotten older I find that his humor is a little too dark and not as smart as I thought it was when I was 18. I still like the bit about his mom throwing the shoe, though.

Never understood the appeal of GC. I've tried. His delivery is not good and he comes off as more whiny than funny.

I always liked RP's movies but never spent much time on his standup. Maybe I need to check it out.

One of my favorites is Norm MacDonald. He can get pretty blue but his study of comedy is brilliant.
Ulrich
Builder93 said:

bh93 said:

P.C. Principal said:

I used to like EM but maybe as I've gotten older I find that his humor is a little too dark and not as smart as I thought it was when I was 18. I still like the bit about his mom throwing the shoe, though.

Never understood the appeal of GC. I've tried. His delivery is not good and he comes off as more whiny than funny.

I always liked RP's movies but never spent much time on his standup. Maybe I need to check it out.

One of my favorites is Norm MacDonald. He can get pretty blue but his study of comedy is brilliant.

Racist.
Carlo4
AG
Meow what is going on in this thread?
John Francis Donaghy
Builder93 said:

bh93 said:

P.C. Principal said:

Definitely check out Pryor's standup. He is an all timer.
Tanya 93
We need a new Steven Wright

Best comedian ever.
Builder93
AG
Tanya 93 said:

Best comedian ever.
Really one of a kind.
Tanya 93
Builder93 said:

Tanya 93 said:

Best comedian ever.
Really one of a kind.
It was his delivery.

Just genius
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.