Why does Jim Gaffigan have a job?

8,772 Views | 57 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Builder93
ag88man
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
"Its's a small world, but I wouldn't want to paint it."
Tanya 93
I still have my Christmas tree. I looked at it today. Sure enough, I couldn't see any forests.
GarlandAg2012
AG
Norm and Steve Martin are probably my two favorites. Both would be first ballot hall of famers imo.
Scoopen Skwert
AG
GarlandAg2012 said:

Norm and Steve Martin are probably my two favorites. Both would be first ballot hall of famers imo.

Scoopen Skwert
AG
Y'all acting like I said I like beans in my chili.
Builder93
AG
bh93 said:

Y'all acting like I said I like beans in my chili.
Didn't you, though? Proverbially?

BTW, what's wrong with beans in chili?

Dad-O-Lot
AG
Tanya 93 said:

We need a new Steven Wright

Best comedian ever.
well then, maybe we CAN be friends.

Steven Wright is hilarious. His deadpan delivery and timing is excellent.
People of integrity expect to be believed, when they're not, they let time prove them right.
713nervy
AG
boy09 said:

The most recent episode of Conan O'Brien Needs Friends with Jim Gaffigan is fantastic.

Came here to post this.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Builder93 said:

AggieBand2004 said:

bh93 said:

AggieBand2004 said:

bh93 said:

P.C. Principal said:

OP probably thinks Dane Cook is the best comedian out there

Eddie Murphy, George Carlin, Richard Pryor and Robin Williams. That's my Mount Rushmore of comedians.

So by your logic, no band should "have a job" unless they are The Beatles, The Stones, Floyd, or Led. Gotcha.

Don't you dare say I'm logical.

I like other comedians. I simply despise that dude's voice. Perhaps his content is on point and witty but his voice is nails on a chalkboard to me.

I can't stand Robin William's standup. It's disjointed chaos, randomly inserted voices performed with zero comedic timing.

But I realize that's my opinion, and it's not one that is shared by many people. So he's obviously a damn good comedian.
What makes Robin Williams funny is the super fast connections he makes between things. Probably part of an ADD brain or something along those lines. He links things together that most would never see, especially at that pace.
Cocaine helped as well....
Builder93
AG
If he did have ADD, which I'd bet he did, then cocaine would have helped treat it. Up to a certain point.
Caesar4
AG
Aston04 said:

He's funny... But kind of a one trick pony. Does that shocked voice (of pretentious people) to his jokes over and over...
lol, kind of, as in, he has had like 10 comedy shows. Yep, one trick pony, alright.
Caesar4
AG
Steven Wright is fine, but I think he's about done. I think his last new stuff was 10+ years ago.

Robin Williams, on the other hand, *is* done. So, he won't be coming out with anything new.
Dad-O-Lot
AG
Believe it or not, I was a big fan of Howie Mandel's early 80s comedy.

People of integrity expect to be believed, when they're not, they let time prove them right.
jm94
AG
If you're a fan, he was on the latest Conan O'Brien Needs A Friend podcast.
KidDoc
AG
I love Gaffigan!

His audiobook was a fun listen as well.

He is also lucky that he is a hit as he is an actual Catholic and therefore has a ton of kids.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
PatAg
AG
Caesar4 said:

Aston04 said:

He's funny... But kind of a one trick pony. Does that shocked voice (of pretentious people) to his jokes over and over...
lol, kind of, as in, he has had like 10 comedy shows. Yep, one trick pony, alright.
the voice is his signature thing though, so they aren't that wrong in saying one trick...its just a really good trick

I think he is very clever, so it doesnt matter either way.
Scoopen Skwert
AG
With the craziness of the world I decided to check Gaffigan out. Downloaded a few of his albums.

I admit it. I was wrong. His voice is annoying but his content is hilarious. It's like he's me. He jokes about things I can relate to.
IIIHorn
Tanya 93 said:

We need a new Steven Wright

Best comedian ever.

He's working on his unauthorized autobiography.
rlb28
AG

Quote:

Eddie Murphy, George Carlin, Richard Pryor and Robin Williams. That's my Mount Rushmore of comedians.
It's very easy. Robin Williams=bad; Jim Gaffigan=good

Gaffigan is one of the best comedians in our lifetime.
JoeAggie5
I'm assuming OP saw his recent Easter video, that wasn't funny and I'm a big Gaffigan fan. His shows are hilarious and as others mentioned it is refreshing that he doesn't rely on profanity to be funny.
Bondag
AG
Ahead of his time.

Quote:

You ever got one thing to do all day but you just can't get yourself to do it? I gotta go to the post office ... but I'd probably have to put on pants. They're only open until 5. I'm going to have to do that next week."
Quote:

Sometimes being lazy can get you in trouble. You ever not take a shower all weekend, just lounge around, then you're running late for work on Monday? There's always one person at work: "Something smells like smoke in here!" "Uh, I went to a barbeque on Friday night. Only had 48 hours to take a shower. Busy."
Quote:

You ever find yourself being lazy for no reason at all? Like, you pick up your mail, you go in your house, you realize you have a letter for a neighbor. You ever just look at the letter and go "Hm. Looks like they're never getting this. It'll take too much energy to go back outside. I'm gonna get that to them later on. Right now I gotta watch some 'Love Connection.' They got some new host on there."
rlb28
AG
There is the vegetarian Hot Pocket for those of us who don't want to eat meat, but would still like diarrhea.

But in Indiana it's not like New York where everyone's like, 'We're from New York and we're the best' or 'We're from Texas and we like things big' it's more like 'We're from Indiana and we're gonna move."

Whenever you are single, all you see are couples, but whenever you are a couple, all you see are hookers.

zephyr88
AG
bh93 said:

Builder93 said:

Note to self:

BH93 is not funny......and maybe a sociopath....

I will wear your flesh as a coat.
now that's funny...
Builder93
AG
zephyr88 said:

bh93 said:

Builder93 said:

Note to self:

BH93 is not funny......and maybe a sociopath....

I will wear your flesh as a coat.
now that's funny...

It ok. He likes Gaffigan now. See 8 posts above. We've found his humanity.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.