Who's given up on re-marrying?

24,344 Views | 176 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by george1992
Ag with kids
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Old RV Ag said:

third coast.. said:

I'm still blown away you got custody(because you're the man, not cause you dont deserve it). Must have been a rough split.
Yeah, it's not the usual but it happens. She must have been something (not in a good way). I have seen young couples where the wife meets someone else and walks away leaving not only the marriage but the kids. You hear of men doing that but not so often the woman.
I got custody of my 2 kids when I divorced. Basically for the reason you state. She wanted to go off and play....
GIF Reactor
AG
Username definitely checks out
george1992
Brad06ag said:

Win At Life said:

TxFig said:

MisterShipWreck said:

I have been married 2x. 7 years the first time, and 15 years the second time.

I am 47 now. IF I ever get married again, I would have to live with someone 3-5 years. Women have a magical way of changing their personality after they get married. I want to give it time to make sure that does not happen again.

That's not marriage - it's TIME that changes people. Those changes were going to happen anyway.

They key to success in marriage is changing together.

My wife & were both 19 when we got married. in 1981.
Neither of us is even close to the same person we were in 1981. But we're still together.

If it's not marriage but time that makes the change, then why to 100% of women loose weight and get in shape after divorce?
Its because too many men and women stop giving a crap in a relationship. They start treating it as a roommate/friend situation. It definitely isn't a one sided problem.

Men after marriage, especially after kids, often stop treating their wives as special. They might be the initiator or they might feel left out due to so many changes. But that is the most important time to make her feel wanted instead of just being with her.

Women, especially after kids, don't pay enough attention to themselves. In part, that is due to no one pursuing them, eg. making them feel special. They also tend to spend too much of their time on the kids and stop making their husbands feel valued too. Guys often need to step up in this situation to help out.

So it doesn't matter which side started getting lazy first, its usually a self reinforcing loop. Men and women are equally freaking guilty here, but men hate admitting that anything we do could have contributed.

Getting some strange after marriage (or during in some cases) makes them feel special again.

So, stop taking a s*** in front of your ladies thinking its cute to be gross. Keep some of the damn magic alive. And, except for rare specimens, the ones that think its ok for you to do it are really thinking you're turning more into their girlfriends they'd take to the bathroom when going out than their lover.

shorter version:

Men, go down on your women.

Women, go down on your men - daily.

Conclusion - happy marriage.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.