Who's given up on re-marrying?

24,331 Views | 176 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by george1992
Tatem
How long do you want to ignore this user?
EFE said:

First one only lasted 6mo. Don't know that it even counted. Maybe the next one will stick.
i didn't know you got divorced!
EFE
AG
Well now you know and knowing is half the battle.

Forgive me for not live-streaming the airing of my dirty laundry
BackwardsInBoots
AG
Did you at least share it to your insta-stories?
EFE
AG
I snap chatted the **** out of it
JMac03
AG
histag10 said:

JMac03 said:

But you can still totally date. Yesterday I booked a Cancun vacation for a 77 and 83 year old bf/gf. How cute is THAT!

Super cute! I mean, given that neither of them are currently married...
They are both widowed.
DannyDuberstein
AG
I'm 45, been lucky enough to be happily married for 20 years, but if this one ended for whatever reason, I would never remarry. My wife says the same goes for her. My wife's parent's divorced and remarried to other people, and all of the drama over the years from those remarriages has been like getting a front row seat to how awkward and costly it can end up being.
Old RV Ag
AG
Mabel Choate said:

EFE said:

First one only lasted 6mo. Don't know that it even counted. Maybe the next one will stick.

If you didn't have a kid as a result, that's barely more than a serious gf you had once upon a time
Yep. That's a false start starter marriage at best. If she's as high maintence as EFE says, count one's blessings it wasn't six years and a kid or two.
Post removed:
by user
CaddoAggie96
AG
I don't think I would re-marry.
HHAG
AG
5 years in to second marriage. Mostly blissful. If this one were to deteriorate, no way I would do it again.

Child support ends in November!!!
The Dog Lord
AG
My dad is on marriage #3, but it's been going strong for over 20 years. You should go ahead and find the next one too.
chjoak
AG
I've got a co-worker that is 55-60ish that just got engaged to #5.

My mom & dad have been married for 43 yrs. Mom's 1st marriage. Dad's 4th.
MooreTrucker
AG
My brother is on #3. This one appears to have taken.
george1992
Just need your aunt Lark to find you a low maintenance Pirette or Beaverette.
Beer Baron
AG

Quote:

Was he Mormon for the first three?
mrad85
AG
EFE said:

Well now you know and knowing is half the battle.

Forgive me for not live-streaming the airing of my dirty laundry
I guess you can send those noods now?
Bob Knights Paper Hands
I've given up on looking to get re-married. At least when my wife is around.
EFE
AG
I'm good, new GF is pretty allsome and twice as hot and 1000 times smarter than the ex.
mrad85
AG
EFE said:

I'm good, new GF is pretty allsome and twice as hot and 1000 times smarter than the ex.
Let me rethink this.

Send noods of new GF if this is the case!
TPS_Report
AG
BaitShack said:

Two failed marriages and I think I'm done. The last was final 7 years ago. Ive settled into single guy mode. Im 49.

I'm expecting the usual backfire since this is the general board.
Avoid marriage. Marriage is a lifetime contract. Would you sign a lifetime contract with a cell phone company?

Biologically we are not suited for monogamy. If we were adultery would be a non-issue.

If you find someone who you want to marry, just live in sin with that person for the rest of your life instead.
BenFiasco14
AG
Are single women in their 40s+ much more BSC than their 20s and 30s counterparts? Does that change for the better or worse if previously divorced?
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
HHAG
AG
Ben - from my extensive research, BSC is permanent, no matter age or marital status. I was just contacted, out of the blue from an old girlfriend who had recently been divorced and wanted to reconnect. She was just as BSC as she was in college, even after two marriages.
gggmann
AG
Go to Pattaya and be a 2 week millionaire
chjoak
AG
Beer Baron said:

Quote:

Was he Mormon for the first three?
Nope.

#1 - high school sweet heart. JP wedding when they were 17. Her parents had it annulled when they found out.
#2 - crazy chick from Cali that "adopted" her friends baby while my dad was aboard a ship (Navy). Friend got knocked up. #2 convinced her not to abort. Baby came while he was on assignment. #2 had friend check into hospital under #2's name and put my dad on the birth certificate as the father. Dad was told when he came home. He noped the F out of there right away.
#3 - crazy Mexican chick from Cali. She couldn't deal with his Navy tours after they had a kid.

All of that and there is only a 12 yr age gap in my parents. Dad was 34 and mom 22 when they got married.
DannyDuberstein
AG
I think there is a maturity curve on crazy. Someone BSC in their 20s and early 30s can mellow somewhat in the late 30's and early 40's (not all, but some; however the crazy doesn't go away). But then I think that crazy comes back full bore in the late 40's and only gets worse for the rest of their life.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Quote:

Dad was 34 and mom 22 when they got married.
Age/2 + 7 violation. Newsflash, but your dad has been married a lot because he's kind of a perv.
Drawkcab
NoahAg said:

I've rarely seen 2nd marriages turn out better that the first.

I've seen about 50/50 work out better. I must be hanging out with the better halves and you're hanging with the losers who caused the 1st marriage to break down. This tells me a lot about you.
Old RV Ag
AG
BenFiasco14 said:

Are single women in their 40s+ much more BSC than their 20s and 30s counterparts? Does that change for the better or worse if previously divorced?
Ben, pondering the meaning of everything hoping to find that universal theory that makes everything simple and clear

jwoodmd
EFE said:

Wow! Did you at least get the ring back to pawn it.
txag1994
AG
I was married once for 17 years and divorced almost seven years ago. I'm 48, my kids are adults and I've dated my dream girl for almost six years. She has her house, I have mine: It is ideal for us.

Don't marry just to be married.
Caliber
AG
If you are just going to date someone long term, make sure your ducks are in a row with who is going to be making medical decisions... Other ways than marriage to dictate it, but you probably should have an idea of who you want making decisions if you're incapacitated.
Old RV Ag
AG
txag1994 said:

I was married once for 17 years and divorced almost seven years ago. I'm 48, my kids are adults and I've dated my dream girl for almost six years. She has her house, I have mine: It is ideal for us.

Don't marry just to be married.
My older sister did that. She was married about 10 years had two kids. Later, she met a really solid guy (who I liked a lot more than my sister). They did the same thing keeping their own places. They would spend most of the time together but they still had a place to go and decompress if needed. They were exclusive and had a solid 35 years together until he sadly passed away a few years ago. I'm an old conservative guy, but I've evolved in my opinions of marriage (I had 45 stellar years married to the love of my life until cancer took her) and feel lots of things about marriage need to be reevaluated. I think that above phrase "don't marry just to be married" sums things up so well. How you feel about someone and your relationship isn't defined by a piece of paper or even vows (they're just words and not actions!).

Okay, old guy rant and yelling at clouds over.
hunterntexas
AG
One try lasted almost fifteen years.
I won't do another unless she is filthy rich and near dead.
BleacherRat
BenFiasco14 said:

Ben, women in their 40's are the hottest of all women.
Think about it. They re most likely over the child-rearing age, and I believe their hormones are on fire. Most likely they have their career going good and probably make good money and are the most independent they have ever been.

One last note: The kids are probably 18 are close to it. No child support.
Gig 'em!
Old RV Ag
AG
LewP said:

BenFiasco14 said:

Ben, women in their 40's are the hottest of all women.
Think about it. They re most likely over the child-rearing age, and I believe their hormones are on fire. Most likely they have their career going good and probably make good money and are the most independent they have ever been.

One last note: The kids are probably 18 are close to it. No child support.
Yep. Looking back on life, sex in your late 30s and into your 40s is the best!! You might think getting all that hot coed tail in your youth was great but the combination of experience plus still young and beautiful is light years beyond that.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.