Have we talked about fat tub of fat Lizzo?

54,026 Views | 164 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by MooreTrucker
Ragoo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
nai06 said:

cr0wbar said:

How triggered does this make y'all

I really think what pisses off most people isn't that she's fat. It's that she's fat and doesn't give a **** what people think about her. It's actually pretty great.

It's no one's business but her own what she looks like. If she's happy with the way she looks, good for her. It's the unsolicited opinions of strangers that are ****ed up. The way she looks doesn't affect anyone on the thread personally. And yet there are plenty of people that seem to think they have the authority to comment on a person's physical appearance. As if they are somehow doing her a favor. Man eff that noise. Not one needs to hear your negative opinions on how they look. Don't like her music, fine. Not everyone has the same tastes. Be a decent human being and leave a person physical appearance alone.

appearance isn't the issue. Being fat leads to all kinds of medical problems. She has money and drs so getting those addresses will be easy for her. But there are millions of people in this country watching someone like her telling themselves that big is beautiful completely ignoring the burden they will be placing on society later in life. It is selfish and ignorant.
nai06
AG
Ragoo said:

nai06 said:

cr0wbar said:

I really think what pisses off most people isn't that she's fat. It's that she's fat and doesn't give a **** what people think about her. It's actually pretty great.

It's no one's business but her own what she looks like. If she's happy with the way she looks, good for her. It's the unsolicited opinions of strangers that are ****ed up. The way she looks doesn't affect anyone on the thread personally. And yet there are plenty of people that seem to think they have the authority to comment on a person's physical appearance. As if they are somehow doing her a favor. Man eff that noise. Not one needs to hear your negative opinions on how they look. Don't like her music, fine. Not everyone has the same tastes. Be a decent human being and leave a person physical appearance alone.

appearance isn't the issue. Being fat leads to all kinds of medical problems. She has money and drs so getting those addresses will be easy for her. But there are millions of people in this country watching someone like her telling themselves that big is beautiful completely ignoring the burden they will be placing on society later in life. It is selfish and ignorant.
It is 100% about appearance. Just read the OP or most of the posts on this thread. They all talk about their disgust of her physical appearance (sometimes accompanied with the puke emoji). Lot of people partake i risky or unhealthy behaviors. Very few seem to evoke the hatred or disgust that being fat does.

You don't really see a ton of threads trying to shame celebrities who smoke, drink excessively, or participate in other risky behaviors. But Texags sure loves to hate on fat people and fat women specifically. Hell even women who aren't fat get shamed for being fat on here (see the Taylor Swift post on page one).

AggieBand2004
AG
You bring up smoking and drinking because you are missing the point...
There aren't "body positivity" movements related to chain smoking or alcoholism. Those are recognized as wrongs. But the body positivity movement pleads for people to act like it's perfectly normal, even okay, to be 300 lbs. It's simply inaccurate.
nai06
AG
AggieBand2004 said:

There aren't "body positivity" movements related to chain smoking or alcoholism. Those are recognized as wrongs. But the body positivity movement pleads for people to act like it's perfectly normal, even okay, to be 300 lbs. It's simply inaccurate.
People don't view drinking alcohol in a positive way? How about smoking weed? You really want and try and make the arguement there isn't a huge portion of the population that not only approves of those things but also does so in excess.

Even if you you don't agree with a persons choice. Its their choice. How presumptuous of you to assume that a fat person give a **** about your opinion of them or that your advice is even needed. Body Positivity/Fat Posititivity at its core is about being left alone. Fat people don't need or want unsolicited opinions about their looks. It would be similar if someone said you were ugly because of some other physical attribute.

You can disagree with or dislike someone for plenty of reasons, but physical appearance shouldn't be one of them. Even though I may loathe a politician, I'll never hate on them for their physical appearance.

In short, don't be a dick. If you don't like the way someone looks, keep it to yourself.
PoohAh97
AG
I'm not going to think a corpulent jiggle-beast is beautiful, no matter what, and most normal men aren't going to either. This doesn't mean I need a rail-thin supermodel in my life (that's a fun straw-man argument!), or think all women need to look like early-90's Kathy Ireland, but a bunch of people nagging me to find this Lizzo person "beautiful," and jiggling it around and insisting that my eyes are seeing beauty and my sense of disgust is misplaced aren't going to make that fat lady beautiful.

If it's supposed to be irrelevant to her talent (and it probably should be), why are people trying to convince us she's talented AND hot or whatever?

That said, the "health" stuff is also disingenuous. A good physique is a good proxy for health, but it's not like people are looking at the front page of Pr0nhub thinking, "Probably does a lot of cardio, and her insurance rates will remain low even when she's past child-bearing age."
nai06
AG
PoohAh97 said:

I'm not going to think a corpulent jiggle-beast is beautiful, no matter what, and most normal men aren't going to either. This doesn't mean I need a rail-thin supermodel in my life (that's a fun straw-man argument!), or think all women need to look like early-90's Kathy Ireland, but a bunch of people nagging me to find this Lizzo person "beautiful," and jiggling it around and insisting that my eyes are seeing beauty and my sense of disgust is misplaced aren't going to make that fat lady beautiful.

If it's supposed to be irrelevant to her talent (and it probably should be), why are people trying to convince us she's talented AND hot or whatever?

That said, the "health" stuff is also disingenuous. A good physique is a good proxy for health, but it's not like people are looking at the front page of Pr0nhub thinking, "Probably does a lot of cardio, and her insurance rates will remain low even when she's past child-bearing age."
Cool thats fine. Attraction is a very personal thing.

But, what make you think the person whom you don't find attractive NEEDS to know you don't find them attractive?

Petrino1
nai06 said:

AggieBand2004 said:

People don't view drinking alcohol in a positive way? How about smoking weed? You really want and try and make the arguement there isn't a huge portion of the population that not only approves of those things but also does so in excess.

Even if you you don't agree with a persons choice. Its their choice. How presumptuous of you to assume that a fat person give a **** about your opinion of them or that your advice is even needed. Body Positivity/Fat Posititivity at its core is about being left alone. Fat people don't need or want unsolicited opinions about their looks. It would be similar if someone said you were ugly because of some other physical attribute.

You can disagree with or dislike someone for plenty of reasons, but physical appearance shouldn't be one of them. Even though I may loathe a politician, I'll never hate on them for their physical appearance.

In short, don't be a dick. If you don't like the way someone looks, keep it to yourself.

I think the issue is we shouldn't celebrate being fat/obese, just like we shouldn't celebrate a person who is an alcoholic or a chain smoker. If a person is comfortable being fat and having unhealthy eating habits, then more power to them, but that shouldn't be celebrated.

If I have a friend or family member who is obese and eats fried foods and burgers everyday, then I will probably try and give them advice about healthier eating habits. Unhealthy eating habits lead to heart issues and diabetes, so I think its our duty to try and help those who lead unhealthy lifestyles.

Its not "cool" to be obese, just like its not cool to live a reckless destructive lifestyle and drinking to excess everyday or smoking yourself to death.

MooreTrucker
AG
nai06 said:

Yeah, posting videos and IG and being a "body positive" crusader is all about being left alone.

That's not it at all about "looks" and you're missing the point (and being a bit of a dick about it yourself). It's about health, and promoting being unhealthy in the name of "body positivity".
nai06
AG
MooreTrucker said:

nai06 said:

Yeah, posting videos and IG and being a "body positive" crusader is all about being left alone.

That's not it at all about "looks" and you're missing the point (and being a bit of a dick about it yourself). It's about health, and promoting being unhealthy in the name of "body positivity".
If its all about health, why do so few of the posts on this thread mention any concern of Lizzo's health?
AggieBand2004
AG
Thomas Sowell, PhD
AG
"Don't hate me because you ain't me."
Thomas Sowell, PhD
AG
Our football team's 300 pound offensive linemen need to slim down to 165-170. Putting the call into Jimbo this morning.
BQCadet
AG
MooreTrucker said:

nai06 said:

cr0wbar said:

And that's just not the case. She's, and the others like her, are being promoted as "strong" and "powerful" and role models for young girls. Do you REALLY think this is a healthy thing to be aspiring to? Or maybe, just maybe promote that being morbidly obese is a bad thing, leading to heart problems, diabetes, and other health issues.
No. Just no. You think her message is "get fat and be cool like me?" Then you are an idiot. Her message is, "yes I'm fat, no I don't care if you like it or not, and no you aren't a worthless piece of crap if you are fat". There is nothing wrong with that. Everyone has worth and should be treated as such. You don't like it? Cool. Don't f!@# her. There are millions that struggle with their weight. Many of them are kids. They are likely constantly made fun of. Someone that let's these kids know that they aren't alone and that they have worth despite their weight issues is okay by me.
MooreTrucker
AG
BQCadet said:

No. Just no. You think her message is "get fat and be cool like me?" Then you are an idiot. Her message is, "yes I'm fat, no I don't care if you like it or not, and no you aren't a worthless piece of crap if you are fat". There is nothing wrong with that. Everyone has worth and should be treated as such. You don't like it? Cool. Don't f!@# her. There are millions that struggle with their weight. Many of them are kids. They are likely constantly made fun of. Someone that let's these kids know that they aren't alone and that they have worth despite their weight issues is okay by me.
Wouldn't it be better, or at least just as good, to explain to those same kids that being overweight is unhealthy and can cause MAJOR issues down the road, and that by eating right and exercising you don't have to be overweight and endure all of those issues?
Petrino1
We shame people all the time for being drug addicts, alcoholics, lazy, smelly, slobs. But for some reason its not ok to shame obese people for being unhealthy lol.
Joe Exotic
AG
nai06 said:

PoohAh97 said:

But, what make you think the person whom you don't find attractive NEEDS to know you don't find them attractive?

Because shame works.

Because it can be fun.

Finally, fat people are fat and gross and their problem is self created. Put down the pork chop.
Joe Exotic
AG
You're starting to see this fat female protagonist bit more and more now. Luckily most people realize it's laughable BS. In the end heart disease and diabetes won't be swayed.
FIDO*98*
AG
Ragoo said:

Being fat leads to all kinds of medical problems. She has money and drs so getting those addresses will be easy for her. But there are millions of people in this country watching someone like her telling themselves that big is beautiful completely ignoring the burden they will be placing on society later in life. It is selfish and ignorant.

You have to treat around 30 patients with a Statin for 5 years to save a single life. Somewhere around 40 for BP medication, and about the same for recent diabetes meds.

Her money won't save her from C.V. Disease, but, your second point is absolutely valid. The vast majority of healthcare dollars are spent on lifestyle choice diseases. There is nothing positive about her body.
Romello
Take any traditionally marginalized group.

Now, start a social media campaign to claim victim status while labeling traditionally held views as hateful and wrong-think.

Now you have a large group of people that feel associated with the political party that pushes the narrative and appears to be one their side (actually just wanting their vote).

nai06
AG
Bo Darville said:

nai06 said:

PoohAh97 said:

Because shame works.

Because it can be fun.

Finally, fat people are fat and gross and their problem is self created. Put down the pork chop.
Obviously I don't expect anything less from you. You continually berate and insult people on a regular basis on this site. At the very least you are consistent so i'll give you that.
Joe Exotic
AG
Let's be honest though. Fat people bring it on themselves and there's nothing really redeeming about it. My main issue is the idea that we are trying to teach fat kids that it's okay to be fat. It's shameful and disgusting.
AggieBand2004
AG
Even dip**** Bill Maher can point it out.

(Language warning, obviously)
Ragoo
AG
FIDO*98* said:

Ragoo said:

Being fat leads to all kinds of medical problems. She has money and drs so getting those addresses will be easy for her. But there are millions of people in this country watching someone like her telling themselves that big is beautiful completely ignoring the burden they will be placing on society later in life. It is selfish and ignorant.

You have to treat around 30 patients with a Statin for 5 years to save a single life. Somewhere around 40 for BP medication, and about the same for recent diabetes meds.

Her money won't save her from C.V. Disease, but, your second point is absolutely valid. The vast majority of healthcare dollars are spent on lifestyle choice diseases. There is nothing positive about her body.
yeah. We don't have a broken healthcare system, we have poor lifestyle personal responsibility.
Stat Monitor Repairman
Sticks&Stones said:

Just because it comes in your size (well, almost) doesn't mean you should wear it.

Jerry?

Is that you?
Post removed:
by user
Shakes the Clown
Oh look at me, I can afford a vacation with my wife and her kids
LEJ
I suddenly want gravy... lots and lots of brown gravy, on a big Ass lumpy biscuit
. . .
jetch17
AG
dat biiiitch need to put some draws on
redd38
proc
SockDePot
Meh.... YOLO....

WOOD!
aTm2004
AG
agz win said:

Now watch all talkin 'bout.

I honestly can't tell if that's Chris Rock or Oprah playing Uncle Jesse.
LupinusTexensis
Weight can be a result of up to 70-80% genetic. I try not to be a judgmental ***** when I meet someone over weight because I know nothing about their health and personal history. She is doing what she loves and wants to do while she can which is more than many can say themselves.

https://www.health.harvard.edu/staying-healthy/why-people-become-overweight
Joe Exotic
AG
She's thug trash

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.