What's Going on with SI Swimsuit models?

24,393 Views | 79 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by chimpanzee
BleacherRat
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BQCadet said:

If you are getting a sports magazine to look at hot women instead of just going to pron sites like normal people, that's on you. The SI swimsuit issue is archaic
Huh?
Gig 'em!
The Collective
AG
This world really sucks.
AGinHI
AG
I just watched Apollo 11 this weekend and what stood out to me among the throngs of people watching history being made was that there wasn't one single overweight/obese person-well maybe one.

Consuming too many calories and sedentary living has created the obesity epidemic and people are trying to excuse personal responsibility by spinning their behavior into positive self-affirmations.
“We don't have a government of the people, by the people, for the people. We have government of the people, by the bureaucrats, for the bureaucrats.”

-Milton Friedman
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
I would add bulk consumption of processed and fast food as well.

When I was a kid, we had McDonald's maybe once per month. When I got a little older and my dad was making "a lot of money" we ate non-home-cooked food once per week tops.
AGinHI
AG
blindey said:

Yes.

And people don't just eat when they are hungry.

Bored? Grab some snack food.
Still bored? Grab some more.
Cant sleep? Eat.
Upset? Have something loaded with sugar.
Anxious? Eating will solve that.
Difficulty in relationships? Food will be there for you.
Celebrating? Have some food.
Having a get together? Better make it centered around food.
Sitting and enjoying some entertainment? Make it better with some junk food.
“We don't have a government of the people, by the people, for the people. We have government of the people, by the bureaucrats, for the bureaucrats.”

-Milton Friedman
Doctor Rosenrosen
AG
AGinHI said:

I just watched Apollo 11 this weekend and what stood out to me among the throngs of people watching history being made was that there wasn't one single overweight/obese person-well maybe one.

Consuming too many calories and sedentary living has created the obesity epidemic and people are trying to excuse personal responsibility by spinning their behavior into positive self-affirmations.
Less widespread climate control. Regulating your body temperature in hot/cold environmental conditions burns a lot of calories.
BleacherRat
AGinHI said:

blindey said:

Yes.

Cant sleep? Eat.
Since learning I have Type II diabetes a couple of years ago, and learning I have to take insulin by way if injections in the stomach, I have really had to change my eating habits to reduce my blood sugar and lower my A1C.

I miss the sweets, the brownies, the ice cream et al. But I think what motivates me the most is to prevent further damage to myself. In a way, its like quitting smoking.

Heck, my biggest reward for myself? An ice cold Budweiser Clamato! Just one!

Gig 'em!
MooreTrucker
AG
AGinHI said:

blindey said:

Yes.

Cant sleep? Eat.
Get Jabba fat and lose any muscular definition in your entire body? You're beautiful and sexy and fabulous and anyone that says different is a hater and offensive.
MooreTrucker
AG
LewP said:

Since learning I have Type II diabetes a couple of years ago, and learning I have to take insulin by way if injections in the stomach, I have really had to change my eating habits to reduce my blood sugar and lower my A1C.

I miss the sweets, the brownies, the ice cream et al. But I think what motivates me the most is to prevent further damage to myself. In a way, its like quitting smoking.

Blech. I hate that stuff.

You have the motivation of health for yourself. People like in the big one in the OP have no such motivation, and instead have people lying to them about how great they look/are.
agneck
At least they didn't make the pictures scratch and sniff..
30wedge
Huell Babineaux said:

https://instagr.am/p/B06NaBmntvI
I am like 99.4% sure I know that girl. She had me French braid her underarm hair a couple of times.
chimpanzee
AGinHI said:

blindey said:

Yes.

Cant sleep? Eat.

Extremely palatable food is everywhere, and we've industrialized the stuff so that what people can eat the most of (sugar, fat and salt in ideal proportions) is the cheapest. Fifty years ago, if you wanted 1000 calories, you had bake your own cake and eat the whole damned thing.

Type II diabetes is about to crank the country's deficit spending through the roof.
Tree Hugger
AG
LeonardSkinner said:

That was an... interesting lineup. The 43 year old from Pampa is at least in the top five.

That's the younger sister of Zach Thomas, she married his Dolphins teammate Jason Taylor.

And yes, those are bolt ons.
HowdyTexasAggies
AG
Fattest country in world, now being fat and unhealthy is A OK, and folks wonder why health insurance is so high, we get to pay for it.
BleacherRat
OlSarge92 said:

Fattest country in world, now being fat and unhealthy is A OK, and folks wonder why health insurance is so high, we get to pay for it.
Love the name....OlSarge

Gig 'em!
BQCadet
AG
OlSarge92 said:

I wouldn't say it's okay, but there is a movement to try and get kids to stop killing themselves because they are fat and get made fun of constantly. There is absolutely nothing wrong with not hating yourself for not looking a certain way. Having said that, there is not near enough focus on the HEALTH benefits to maintaining a healthy weight. That is where the focus should be. Instead of approaching this by shaming fat people for "looking gross" which is superficial, it should really be a focus in showing concern and educating them on the detriment to their health which is the only thing that ever motivated me to lose weight.
lotsofhp
AG
I'm completely on board with everything in your post. Well said.

Shaming people in many cases just makes them eat more when they feel like crap.
torrid
AG
jm94 said:

It just means your next copy will have fewer sticky pages.
Speak for yourself.
mrad85
AG
Tree Hugger said:

LeonardSkinner said:

That was an... interesting lineup. The 43 year old from Pampa is at least in the top five.

That's the younger sister of Zach Thomas, she married his Dolphins teammate Jason Taylor.

And yes, those are bolt ons.

They were actually from Panhandle TX, about 25 miles west of Pampa. Daddy found a way of getting hired in Pampa once they found out Zach was a good player. Would have been a waste for him to play for a 2A school.
Batzarro
AG
Aggie said:

This word is going straight to ****

+1
The Fife
LewP said:

AGinHI said:

blindey said:

Yes.

Cant sleep? Eat.

Where do you find that stuff?! I've had a hard time sourcing it outside of BC.
BleacherRat
The Fife said:

LewP said:

AGinHI said:

blindey said:

Yes.

Cant sleep? Eat.

Where do you find that stuff?! I've had a hard time sourcing it outside of BC.
Not sure where you live, but any 7-11 or Kroger stores here in the Metromess sells it. I should mention 2 of these beauties are plenty for my evening of enjoyment.
Gig 'em!
agracer
AG
BQCadet said:

OlSarge92 said:

I wouldn't say it's okay, but there is a movement to try and get kids to stop killing themselves because they are fat and get made fun of constantly. There is absolutely nothing wrong with not hating yourself for not looking a certain way. H
Statistics please?

Quote:

Having said that, there is not near enough focus on the HEALTH benefits to maintaining a healthy weight. That is where the focus should be. Instead of approaching this by shaming fat people for "looking gross" which is superficial, it should really be a focus in showing concern and educating them on the detriment to their health which is the only thing that ever motivated me to lose weight.
You can say it anyway you want to, but if you call out a fat person and tell them they're not healthy, you'll be branded as a fat shame'r and shouted down.
Woody2006
AG
Does that make Michele Obama a fat shamer?
Coach_Fran
Maybe I'm confused. I thought the point of SI Swimsuit issue was to serve as a warmup to my fapping routine.
Jack Cheese
AG
Jack Cheese said:

Gonna be some doods dressed as chicks in the swimsuit issue soon, mark my words.

Was I right or was I right??

Woke swimsuit issue
Dr.Rumack
Please, please, please! We take back all of the fattie hate from last year. We'll even allow Asian/PI fatties if that makes you happy.
Gilligan
AG
A few weeks ago the VS catalog arrived and I thumbed through it walking to the house.

Fatties in panties. No thank you!
Ragoo
AG
I learned skimming that gender is just like ice cream.
infinity ag
BleacherRat said:

So I'm checking out the annual SI Swimsuit issue and I see this?

What in Hades is going on with SI? They can't be serious can they?
I almost puked.

Is this just being politically correct? Is this everyone gets a certificate that enters kind of deal? Seriously?

They are both not very pretty, but the one on the left is plain fat.
rwtxag83
AG
chimpanzee said:

AGinHI said:

blindey said:

Yes.

Cant sleep? Eat.

Extremely palatable food is everywhere, and we've industrialized the stuff so that what people can eat the most of (sugar, fat and salt in ideal proportions) is the cheapest. Fifty years ago, if you wanted 1000 calories, you had bake your own cake and eat the whole damned thing.

Type II diabetes is about to crank the country's deficit spending through the roof.
This.

The availability of prepared food is everywhere now. When I was a kid growing up in the 60s:

Grocery stores were open from 9 to 6. You had to get in there before 6 or you wait to the next day. There were some convenience stores, but they didn't really have groceries. You had to plan your meals. People would routinely go to their next door neighbors to 'borrow a cup of sugar', or flour, or some other thing, just to be able to cook a meal. People were more friendly/connected out of necessity. The good thing about this was even though it was less convenient, everybody knew the deal, and you planned around it.

Generally, most families didn't go out to eat very often. Special occasions only. Most people ate at home.

EVERYTHING was closed on Sunday, except Kentucky Fried Chicken, and you had to wait for the chicken to be cooked most of the time.

Fast food didn't exist. Seriously. There were 'burger joints' or drive-ins, but you had to wait for the food to be prepared. Mickey D's didn't exist til the late 60s, at least in TX.

Fast food exploded on the scene and expanded greatly in the 70s.

Gas stations didn't have food, except the occasional vending machine. Now they have delis, hot food, even fast food places attached.

I could go on and on, but the point is made that you used to, with few exceptions, go home and prepare a meal. It's just how it was. Now, you don't have to, so people eat on the fly out of convenience, and out of necessity because people's lifestyles have changed. The prepared foods people eat are engineered to taste better and make people crave it. Less fresh foods prepared from scratch means less healthy (generally, there are some exceptions).

Add in the fact that far more people work in front of a computer rather than doing things that require them to move around, and you see why there's widespread obesity.
Gilligan
AG
Fat is the pandemic that's been around for a while now and getting worse.

When I went to school we usually had a fat kid, maybe two. IN THE ENTIRE SCHOOL.

Now you have to look to find the skinny kids in every class.

Nom Nom Nom

Sorry if I hurt anyone's feelings.
Scoopen Skwert
AG
Dr.Rumack said:

Please, please, please! We take back all of the fattie hate from last year. We'll even allow Asian/PI fatties if that makes you happy.

What about the Irish??
infinity ag
Why are Americans so fat?
62strat
AG
Jack Cheese said:

Jack Cheese said:

Gonna be some doods dressed as chicks in the swimsuit issue soon, mark my words.

Was I right or was I right??

Woke swimsuit issue
Maybe this dude knows exactly what he's doing, and it's a genius plan.
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.