What's Going on with SI Swimsuit models?

24,385 Views | 79 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by chimpanzee
ABATTBQ11
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
AGinHI said:

I just watched Apollo 11 this weekend and what stood out to me among the throngs of people watching history being made was that there wasn't one single overweight/obese person-well maybe one.

Consuming too many calories and sedentary living has created the obesity epidemic and people are trying to excuse personal responsibility by spinning their behavior into positive self-affirmations.

You know that's a movie, right? Ever think they just didn't cast fat extras?
Ol Jock 99
AG
ABATTBQ11 said:

AGinHI said:

I just watched Apollo 11 this weekend and what stood out to me among the throngs of people watching history being made was that there wasn't one single overweight/obese person-well maybe one.

Consuming too many calories and sedentary living has created the obesity epidemic and people are trying to excuse personal responsibility by spinning their behavior into positive self-affirmations.

You serious Clark? Go watch videos of Woodstock, and then go to any big college campus today. The difference is remarkable. And not in a good way.
Gilligan
AG
Look at a yearbook from 2020 vs 2000 vs 1970
AliasMan02
AG
Gilligan said:

Look at a yearbook from 2020 vs 2000 vs 1970

How big a variable is cigarettes in this equation, do you think?
The Fife
SWT in the mid-'90s was the peak for hotties on campus. I'm almost scared to ask what things are like now.
Gilligan
AG
I did my freshman year at SWT. Fashion and Education majors. Target rich environment.

Struts or the Green Parrot. Never failed.

Edited per RealTalk pointing out my mistake. FTR - I had to do that year over...

It was worth it!
concac
AG
Gilligan said:

I'm did my freshman year at SWT. Fashion and Education majors. Target rich environment.

Struts or the Green Parrot. Never failed.
No further proof required.
chimpanzee
Ol Jock 99 said:

ABATTBQ11 said:

AGinHI said:

You serious Clark? Go watch videos of Woodstock, and then go to any big college campus today. The difference is remarkable. And not in a good way.
I saw a photo from the Galveston seawall from the late 70's/Early 80's. Two women were roller skating (one was carrying a baby on her hip) and they would both be shockingly skinny today. Just a random snapshot that captured two people that would be 5th percentile BMI's on a Galveston beach in the 2020's.

You actually have to care about your health/weight to not be fat in the US today. Not that it's hard, but if you are not conscious about it, you'll just grab an extra 300-500 calories a day and not think about it while sitting on your ass for another net 100 you didn't burn. That's 20-50 lbs, easy, and that's where we are.

I'm not sure how many are 75+ lbs overweight in their 40's or younger, but it's significant, and being that heavy for that long screws up your health in so many ways. The hospitals, pharmaceutical manufacturers, nursing homes and dialysis companies are doing quite well with this arrangement as they can help you die slower over the course of several decades if you screw up your physiology early enough.

That is what I mentioned in this thread before it was bumped, We're going to have a health care train wreck in this country very soon. Our high Covid mortality is Exhibit A with diabetics getting disproportionately impacted.

wangus12
AG
Ol Jock 99 said:

ABATTBQ11 said:

AGinHI said:

Would you say that the difference is huge
culdeus
AG
HowdyTexasAggies said:

Fattest country in world, now being fat and unhealthy is A OK, and folks wonder why health insurance is so high, we get to pay for it.

Didn't help that the lolfats got the rona the worst. Causing the biggest economic drag of all, and my guess were the biggest deniers.
chimpanzee
culdeus said:

HowdyTexasAggies said:

Fattest country in world, now being fat and unhealthy is A OK, and folks wonder why health insurance is so high, we get to pay for it.

Didn't help that the lolfats got the rona the worst. Causing the biggest economic drag of all, and my guess were the biggest deniers.
Not just having the worst outcomes, they spread it the most too.

Not a popular thing to discuss.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.