What's Going on with SI Swimsuit models?

24,371 Views | 79 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by chimpanzee
BleacherRat
How long do you want to ignore this user?
So I'm checking out the annual SI Swimsuit issue and I see this?

What in Hades is going on with SI? They can't be serious can they?
I almost puked.

Is this just being politically correct? Is this everyone gets a certificate that enters kind of deal? Seriously?
Gig 'em!
jm94
AG
It just means your next copy will have fewer sticky pages.
jokershady
AG
There are some thick girls that look damn good in a swim suit.....

She is not one of them....
TellMeMore
Wait, WAIT, you still subscribe to SI? Why in the hell would you still be doing that? One question, did they include Arthur Ashe Courage Award winner Caitlyn Jenner this year?
Jack Cheese
AG
Gonna be some doods dressed as chicks in the swimsuit issue soon, mark my words.
LeonardSkinner
That was an... interesting lineup. The 43 year old from Pampa is at least in the top five.
concac
AG
Jack Cheese said:

Gonna be some doods dressed as chicks in the swimsuit issue soon, mark my words.
Victoria's Secret already jumped on that.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/05/business/victoria-secret-transgender-model.html
Bruce Almighty
AG
If you're wanting to increase sales, this is not the way to do it. Talk about being out of touch with your clientele. The people that are going to shower them with praise are never going to subscribe to SI.
hph6203
AG
Every body is an ideal body as long as you idolize yourself.
Aggie
AG
This word is going straight to ****
BleacherRat
TellMeMore said:

Wait, WAIT, you still subscribe to SI? Why in the hell would you still be doing that? One question, did they include Arthur Ashe Courage Award winner Caitlyn Jenner this year?
No.... I don't subscribe at all! See, they have this thing called the World Wide Web, and people do what's called "surf the internet" on a whole range of topics. Have you been in 2019 long??

By the way gramps, I even included a thing called a "hyperlink" so you can see it too!!!!!

You're welcome!!!!!
Gig 'em!
austinag1997
AG
So we have a plump woman on the left and a little boy on the right. Guess thats why the magazine business is suffering.
concac
AG
LewP said:

TellMeMore said:

No.... I don't subscribe at all! See, they have this thing called the World Wide Web, and people do what's called "surf the internet" on a whole range of topics. Have you been in 2019 long??

By the way gramps, I even included a thing called a "hyperlink" so you can see it too!!!!!

You're welcome!!!!!
LOL...a 67 year-old man throwing shade.
brazagg
AG
2, 1
Old RV Ag
AG
Bruce Almighty said:

If you're wanting to increase sales, this is not the way to do it. Talk about being out of touch with your clientele. The people that are going to shower them with praise are never going to subscribe to SI.
Interesting word choice...
Aston04
AG
When you put fat and ugly people in your "swimsuit issue," it becomes completely pointless...

But perhaps that's the goal- make it irrelevant (and win woke points)...
ABATTBQ11
AG
Whoever had to make that swimsuit on the left probably threw up trying to imagine what was going into it.
Charlie Murphy

Get woke, go broke.
Rexter
ABATTBQ11 said:

Whoever had to make that swimsuit on the left probably threw up trying to imagine what was going into it.

Omar is used to seeing big girls...
Rexter
And here's the thought process......

BleacherRat
Bingo!
Gig 'em!
Aston04
AG
These women are getting off the thought of being a 'sex symbol" SI swimsuit model. But reality is they are just the token ugly/fat/normalish people included in the issue to make SI ok with the progressive crowd. It's pathetic really.
Shooz in Katy
AG
Apparently severely overweight women have a niche. The wife and I stayed in a Vegas hotel one year and there happened to be a BBW conference at the hotel. There were dudes all over these chicks. Those dudes will buy this SI issue.

By far and away the most fascinating thing about women of size is watching them get into swimming pools. Besides the yards of fabric it takes to make their bikini, when they get into the water all of their mass floats to the surface but their head does not. It ends up looking like a solitary human head was placed in a navy seal sized raft of blubber. Truly something to behold.
expresswrittenconsent
Aston04 said:

These women are getting off the thought of being a 'sex symbol" SI swimsuit model. But reality is they are just the token ugly/fat/normalish people included in the issue to make SI ok with the progressive crowd. It's pathetic really.

Seems like a weird thing for anyone (let alone a millennial) to care about considering that print media has been dead for 20yrs. How many magazines do you currently subscribe to? Do you also have a landline?
lotsofhp
AG
I believe the term is virtue signaling
30wedge
Schu in Mizzou said:

Apparently severely overweight women have a niche. The wife and I stayed in a Vegas hotel one year and there happened to be a BBW conference at the hotel. There were dudes all over these chicks. Those dudes will buy this SI issue.

By far and away the most fascinating thing about women of size is watching them get into swimming pools. Besides the yards of fabric it takes to make their bikini, when they get into the water all of their mass floats to the surface but their head does not. It ends up looking like a solitary human head was placed in a navy seal sized raft of blubber. Truly something to behold.
I was in a pool once and a girl just like you describe surfaced three times. She had two harpoons stuck in her and Captain Ahab tangled up on her back.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Maybe they are trying to help the 2:00 a.m. and desperate crowd out a bit? Put a little lipstick on that two bill pig so at least you feel a little better in the morning when it turns out she broke your bed doing the deed and then passed out and broke your television stumbling back from dropping a 6-couric growler after.
Old RV Ag
AG
blindey said:

Maybe they are trying to help the 2:00 a.m. and desperate crowd out a bit? Put a little lipstick on that two bill pig so at least you feel a little better in the morning when it turns out she broke your bed doing the deed and then passed out and broke your television stumbling back from dropping a 6-couric growler after.
And just when it looked like this thread could not get any worse.
Tom Hagen
AG
Trannies in the swimsuit issue aren't far behind.
zephyr88
AG
Aggie said:

This word is going straight to ****
Which word specifically?
Aston04
AG
expresswrittenconsent said:

Aston04 said:

Seems like a weird thing for anyone (let alone a millennial) to care about considering that print media has been dead for 20yrs. How many magazines do you currently subscribe to? Do you also have a landline?
I subscribe to the WSJ and Reader's Digest in print.

Not really relevant to this discussion. This is just dumb for whatever subscriber base they have left. And the women are pathetic imo. They are not fooling anybody.
Baby Billy
AG
https://instagr.am/p/B06NaBmntvI
MooreTrucker
AG
LewP said:

Is this just being politically correct? Is this everyone gets a certificate that enters kind of deal? Seriously?
This and only this.

And the sad part about it is that it convinces young girls that looking like the one on the left is desirable and healthy, when in fact it's very NOT healthy.
lotsofhp
AG
I don't know how to say this in an acceptable way in todays society. But another just basic reality of all of this is that guys will still always want the classic SI model whether it's PC to say it or not.

I certainly see the value in encouraging positive self image. But it's worth noting that when the rubber meets the road, your dream boyfriend may just see you as a friend while he drools over the feminine girl putting in the work at the gym...
BQCadet
AG
If you are getting a sports magazine to look at hot women instead of just going to pron sites like normal people, that's on you. The SI swimsuit issue is archaic
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.