So It Begins

7,382 Views | 49 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by GrayMatter
wbt5845
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Quiet, as most summers are, with people not complaining about their jobs when their job gives them a three month vacay.

However, making the rounds on social media this week, as many are lurching out of their mojito fueled stupor...

HarleySpoon
AG
lol......like actual vacation really exists for anyone these days that makes more than twice the minimum wage.
Geralt of Rivia
S
Three things are certain in life: death, taxes, and wbt complaining about teachers
ToddyHill
AG
Give me a freakin' break. I've never had a job where I didn't do work on my off time, vacation included. Just another example of a first world problem. Deal with it.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I can't stand people who ***** about work to everyone. At the same time, the hatred for teachers is pretty ridiculous too. Just let them be.
chipotle
baby sitters, amirite?
Old RV Ag
AG
So, OP is supposedly at work charging work hours to government (tax payer funded) contacts posting on Texags complaining about teachers and how they don't work. What irony!
NoahAg
HarleySpoon said:

lol......like actual vacation really exists for anyone these days that makes more than twice the minimum wage.
I'm about to go on a 2 week vacation and I make a bit more than minimum wage.
HarleySpoon
AG
NoahAg said:

HarleySpoon said:

Congratulations if you don't have to read an email or take a call.
Serious Lee
people really are products of their own environment. that sounds exactly like a student bit**ing about having to do homework.
NoahAg
HarleySpoon said:

NoahAg said:

HarleySpoon said:

I definitely won't take calls. I may selectively reply to email. We'll be in the middle of nowhere for parts of the trip so I can use the "oh I didn't have wifi/cell service" excuse.

Of course I'll likely have a pile of stuff when I return.
agnerd
AG
They're not writing lesson plans or writing your child's name in a grade book. They're gonna reuse the same lesson plan from last year and the "grade book" is a spreadsheet in an email that's ready for them the second they get it. Teachers have some valid complaints, but BS like this is not one of them.
Win At Life
AG
This is BS. I know an elementary school teacher and he's still soaking up the sun in Martinique.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
I should hope that the group of private tutors that our children will be reading with this autumn are preparing diligently as we speak.
P.C. Principal
HarleySpoon said:

NoahAg said:

HarleySpoon said:

F*** the very notion that in today's society you are "expected" to work while on vacation.

I may occasionally check email and respond to something time sensitive while on vacation, but that's it. My time off is my time off. I've played that game of anxiously answering calls and emails while on a trip because "oh no I might upset my boss for actually taking time off." No more. Life is too short.
P.C. Principal
Brian Earl Spilner said:

I can't stand people who ***** about work to everyone. At the same time, the hatred for teachers is pretty ridiculous too. Just let them be.
Agreed. I don't understand some posters' disdain for teachers. Good teachers are so underappreciated.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
histag10
AG
I have seen teachers with Go Fund Mes set up to help cover the cost of their classroom decor
aTmAg
AG
P.C. Principal said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Agreed. I don't understand some posters' disdain for teachers. Good teachers are so underappreciated.
The rest of us don't make countless facebook posts that try to make those in our occupation look like the 2nd coming of Mother Teresa.
ClickClack
AG
aTmAg said:

P.C. Principal said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

The rest of us don't make countless facebook posts that try to make those in our occupation look like the 2nd coming of Mother Teresa.

Most teachers don't actually do this, but go ahead and use the couple examples to cover all of them.
Broba Fett
I was told "your phone does not take vacation". Guess what, if I go somewhere where there is no cell service it sure as hell does.
OregonAggie
AG
Broba Fett said:

I was told "your phone does not take vacation". Guess what, if I go somewhere where there is no cell service it sure as hell does.

Heading to Hawaii on Friday and I'll be there for just over a week. I'll definitely have cell phone coverage but I'm not returning a damn call or text. Im going on vacation to take a break and a break is exactly what I'm getting. My workaholic boss told me that's what I should do...which I would do regardless of what he said hahaha
aTmAg
AG
ClickClack said:

aTmAg said:

P.C. Principal said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Most teachers don't actually do this, but go ahead and use the couple examples to cover all of them.
Enough do (way more than a "couple"). You should be mad at them, not me.
aTm2004
AG
histag10 said:

I have seen teachers with Go Fund Mes set up to help cover the cost of their classroom decor
My wife spent $200 last weekend at Target (had a 15% off if you're a teacher) on supplies for her students for this upcoming year that the district won't cover. It's not decor either.
BenFiasco14
AG
Weird, I know a lot of teachers, and based on social media, I haven't seen jack squat that's consistent with the OP image. To the contrary - lots of drinking, vacations, and working out though.
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
Ginormus Ag
AG
The only thing my teacher wife is doing is preparing for the daily obscene advances from me when I get home and having to crawl on top of my fat ass and satisfy me nightly.
Username checks out.
cadetjay02
AG
This will be my 15th year teaching next month. I haven't done jack squat school related to school this summer except logging on to look at my students AP scores about 3 weeks ago. I know teachers that actually do stuff and I know some like me. Doesn't matter either way as long as you show up on the first day ready to go.
Picard
AG
Ginormus Ag said:

The only thing my teacher wife is doing is preparing for the daily obscene advances from me when I get home and having to crawl on top of my fat ass and satisfy me nightly.

Bruce Almighty
AG
I'll start lesson planning this weekend. All these stupid teacher quotes aren't even written by teachers. I don't know any teachers that actually say things like that.
AGHouston11
AG
histag10 said:

Don't know if every district does this but all the school supplies YOU BUY FOR YOUR KID is collected and not given back. I guess it's good to get the communism lesson worked in the early years of education now.

MouthBQ98
AG
They need to just have a supplies fee and buy in bulk.
CDub06
AG
ToddyHill said:

Give me a freakin' break. I've never had a job where I didn't do work on my off time, vacation included. Just another example of a first world problem. Deal with it.
It's more of an American problem. Most other countries have this vacation thing figured out but, as I've been told more than once by Europeans "Americans just love to work."
TxSquarebody
AGHouston11 said:

histag10 said:

Don't know if every district does this but all the school supplies YOU BUY FOR YOUR KID is collected and not given back. I guess it's good to get the communism lesson worked in the early years of education now.

I told my son on the first day when he went to 3rd grade that those supplies were his and not to be "turned in" to the class. I let him know that he could explain they were private property and the teacher could purchase them from him if they so desired. It went over as expected, but he got to keep his own things.
agnerd
AG
aTm2004 said:

histag10 said:

My wife spent $200 last weekend at Target (had a 15% off if you're a teacher) on supplies for her students for this upcoming year that the district won't cover. It's not decor either.
What happens if she DOESN'T spend her own money on supplies for her students?
aTm2004
AG
agnerd said:

aTm2004 said:

histag10 said:

What happens if she DOESN'T spend her own money on supplies for her students?
She's a Special Ed teacher, so she will still teach her lesson but not be able to do it in a way that can relate to the needs/limitations of her students.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.