Most beautiful area of Texas

17,185 Views | 143 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by MBUSA
TexasAggie_02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
EagleFordEarl said:

Mostly it's the wide open spaces, you know, like everything between the Sabine and the Rio Grande.
It's the Llano Estacado,
it's the Brazos and the Colorado
Human
AG
The men's bathroom at the Chicken on a hot, humid Fall game day

/overly Aggie answer
beerad12man
AG
HC said:

AggieDarlin said:

Big Bend with Guadalupe Mtns as my second fave.
I hope to make it a tradition to visit each one once a year. Next month I plan to hit Guadalupe Peak again to soak in these sights again

hiked GP about a year ago and snapped a similar shot. What a great hike, memory and views

Right now, I'd say the entire hill country/highland lakes area. Big Bend is also amazing in a different way, but I only went when I was a young kid so maybe didn't appreciate the beauty like I would today.

However, this might change when I go to Guadalupe peak in May. Can't wait to hike it!
duffelpud
AG
This is my favorite spot - I took it about ten years ago and pieced this together from several photos - Texas' highest waterfall at around 500'.

Another shot of it...

"What's this button do?"
MonkeyKnifeFighter
chipotle
duffelpud said:

This is my favorite spot - I took it about ten years ago and pieced this together from several photos - Texas' highest waterfall at around 500'.

Another shot of it...

rugger74
AG
Having travelled throughout our great state over the last 50 years, I believe each section has it's own beauty and historical meaning. We are blessed to live in an area that has so many different landscapes.
insanediego
AG
nm
85Photon
AG
Lubbock is so lovely....
.... perfectly centered in the rear view mirror.

My fave part is around Fredricksburg.
goatchze
AG
Washington county when the wildflowers are out.
FishrCoAg
AG
The great thing about this thread is that none of you are wrong!
EFE
AG
Typical boomer handing out participation ribbons to millenials
EFE
FishrCoAg
AG
EagleFordEarl said:

Typical boomer handing out participation ribbons to millenials
WC87
AG
I really enjoy Hearne
Tom Kazansky 2012
AG
ChiliBeans said:

Southwest Houston. From a certain jogging trail, I can gaze out upon the Galleria, the med center, Greenway plaza, or just watch the traffic on Highway 90. It's breathtaking.
It is definitely nice living in River Oaks
coupland boy
AG
The rolling farmland of Coupland. I don't expect everyone, or anyone, to agree but it'll always be home to me.
AgEng06
AG
Whoop96 said:

I have amazing memories of west Madison County. Looking west to Texas A&M and an amazing 20 acre coastal patch that I cut, raked, bailed and hauled so many damn times. Made me.
Whereabouts, more specifically?
Slicer97
AG
coupland boy said:

The rolling farmland of Coupland. I don't expect everyone, or anyone, to agree but it'll always be home to me.

Good. It's pretty, alright, but it pales in comparison to the Hill Country. Plus, you have to be in Coupland to see it.
coupland boy
AG
Slicer97 said:

coupland boy said:

Good. It's pretty, alright, but it pales in comparison to the Hill Country. Plus, you have to be in Coupland to see it.

I can think of one less a-hole I have to see in Coupland cause he's in the hill country.
UnderoosAg
AG
LupinusTexensis said:

I'm most partial to the desert west in the Franklin mountains.

Normally, or when it's on fire every May?
Slicer97
AG
coupland boy said:

I can think of one less a-hole I have to see in Coupland cause he's in the hill country.

I wish I was in the hill country. I'm in Paige. Which is a lot like Coupland, minus the rolling farmland. Also why I'm drinking. Heavily.
atmtws
AG
Has Big Lake made the list yet? Lots of green there.

My favorite is Utopia. Big rolling hills. Spring mornings with the fog in Valleys is hard to beat. Used to be the Hill Country proper, until a lot of you idiots moved in, and littered the hills with your McMansions and sucked up all the water.
Willis
AG
Grew up in deep east Texas so the piney woods will always feel like home.

Central Texas and the hill country is nice to live in though.
LupinusTexensis
UnderoosAg said:

LupinusTexensis said:

I'm most partial to the desert west in the Franklin mountains.

Normally, or when it's on fire every May?

I find that fire free March is nicest.
coupland boy
AG
Slicer97 said:

coupland boy said:

I wish I was in the hill country. I'm in Paige. Which is a lot like Coupland, minus the rolling farmland. Also why I'm drinking. Heavily.

Well ***** Now I feel bad but you took a pot shot at Coupland. Don't do that please.

Hey, Paige has nice wooded areas and good pasture land.
Plus you're that much closer to College Station.
Ragoo
AG
I am trying to get back to NB
Slicer97
AG
Coupland deserved a potshot. It's only redeeming qualitiess are a cool dancehall and some decent scenery.

There's some nice folk around and the scenery is ok in Paige, but if it wasn't for work, I wouldn't live in this area.
Ragoo
AG
Slicer97 said:

Coupland deserved a potshot. It's only redeeming qualitiess are a cool dancehall and some decent scenery.

There's some nice folk around and the scenery is ok in Paige, but if it wasn't for work, I wouldn't live in this area.
same reason we are still in Houston.
Liquid Wrench
Ragoo said:

Godspeed.
Slicer97
AG
There's no reason that could get me to live in Houston. Hell, one of the highlights of my work week was sending my boss to Houston for a meeting that I couldn't make.
Slicer97
AG
Ragoo said:

If you gotta be citified, NB ain't a bad place to do it. Beautiful country and just far away enough from the discount outlet folk in San Marcos.

And touristy or not, Gruene is a nice place to spend a spring afternoon.
Ragoo
AG
Yep. It is also home for me. My parents are still there as well as my grandmother.

It is also a great springboard location for all of the hill country activities and state parks.
jickyjack1
I can tell you where it's not: on the highway between Buffalo and Palestine behind a fracking convoy.
agneck
I like the mobile home areas around seguin. Blackland, flat, mesquites with scattered junked out mibiles and lots of orphaned children running around chunking dirt clods at each other.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.