How did you come up with your handle?

9,562 Views | 137 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by PseudonymK
$3 Sack of Groceries
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Hamburger Dan said:

I ran a little barbecue/ burgers, and chicken wings, catering group. Named it after an old school country song about a truck driver that stopped at a place called Hambuger Dan.
I pulled into a roadhouse in Texas.......
Geralt of Rivia
S
How did you come up with Beer Leg?
$3 Sack of Groceries
AG
Wade Winston Wilson said:

Well, that's not creepy at all......

Okay, I'm over it. I'm a land surveyor. Back in the day before electronic distance meters were a thing, we'd measure distances by pulling a steel tape between points, one of the points being plumb underneath a transit (telescopy thing that measures angles for you non surveyor types) set up on a tripod. Every so often, a new guy or just someone who wasn't paying attention after a long day in the sun would set up the tripod with one leg being smack dab in line with the direction you were going to be measuring with the tape so that you'd have to break down the tripod and set it up again (which involves getting it plumb and level). That leg of the tripod was called the beer leg because the guy who set it up had to buy the beer that night for boofing everyones time.

Now tell me how you knew I was BL.
song man
I can ride my bike with no handlebars
No handlebars
No handlebars
Geralt of Rivia
S
Gota De Limon said:

Wade Winston Wilson said:

Well, that's not creepy at all......

Okay, I'm over it. I'm a land surveyor. Back in the day before electronic distance meters were a thing, we'd measure distances by pulling a steel tape between points, one of the points being plumb underneath a transit (telescopy thing that measures angles for you non surveyor types) set up on a tripod. Every so often, a new guy or just someone who wasn't paying attention after a long day in the sun would set up the tripod with one leg being smack dab in line with the direction you were going to be measuring with the tape so that you'd have to break down the tripod and set it up again (which involves getting it plumb and level). That leg of the tripod was called the beer leg because the guy who set it up had to buy the beer that night for boofing everyones time.

Now tell me how you knew I was BL.

Do a TexAgs search of your handle "forever" and search for the term "edited"

That will also tell you that I used to be "Murphy MacManus" and "Remy LeBeau"
62strat
AG
ChiliBeans said:

Potcake said:

Do you play any instruments?
Guitarists are like crossfitters.
I'm a drummer with a guitar collecting problem.
wasntme
what?
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
Lost a bet
FishrCoAg
AG
Where I live + Ag
Whens lunch
AG
Y'know when you interview for a great new job...you should have a couple of questions to ask the interviewer?

Well, when it got a little quiet after about 20 mins into the interview and the other side of the table was looking around at each other, it was apparent that they'd heard enough.

They asked if I had any questions for them...I looked at each of them, paused and then confidently said: "When's lunch?"

Of course I got the job.
Double A
AG
I go by A&A on my other sites, but when I set up my account here, it didn't like the ampersand, (ironic, no?). So I went with Double A.

The "A's" stand for the Aggies & Astros. Those are my favorite teams.
TEXAS AGGIES
Maroonedinaustin
AG
I'm an Aggie living in Austin area plus the definition of marooned.
Girlhowdy
AG
When I joined all the talk was about BMAs. Being the opposite, I thought my name was appropriate.

I'm tired of it and want a new one. Submit your best idea. Winner will receive a pack of gum and a pair of cool socks from me in the mail.
Dad-O-Lot
AG
I have 10 children. (5 are now adults )
$3 Sack of Groceries
AG
Lil$Ag said:

When I joined all the talk was about BMAs. Being the opposite, I thought my name was appropriate.

I'm tired of it and want a new one. Submit your best idea. Winner will receive a pack of gum and a pair of cool socks from me in the mail.

LIldickAg
AliasMan02
AG
Lil$Ag said:

Cru
Lungblood
Toucan is a good name for a boy... Or a girl poster.
PrincessButtercup
AG
I like The Princess Bride.
Post removed:
by user
ballchain
unimboti nkum
AG
Bi yii'm yii Tchapo. M nyaani Kabou-Naliki tinki poon. M'gbli N'tcham fii.
newsjunkie
Mine is a hand-me-down user name from a family member. They weren't using it anymore and I liked it! Plus I really, really like news.
Human
AG
"Blood in My Stool" was taken so I went with something different.
True Anomaly
AG
Ah, the once every two years thread.

19-year-old me thought i was being mysterious and cool by coming up with this name. Many years later, it's like a bad tattoo that you have to live with.

I swear I know nothing about celestial mechanics and what a true anomaly actually is
Ogre09
AG
I have layers...

Like an onion
AggieVictor10
AG
I was bored and not feeling very creative in whatever 8AM 101 class I was sitting in.
Psych
AG
My favorite show
?itok=qoz3qHCo
I Like Mike
AG
Its my name?
atag
AG
I started binge watching it a couple of weeks ago. It's becoming one of my faves.
Psych
AG
atag said:

I started binge watching it a couple of weeks ago. It's becoming one of my faves.

The best part is that there are so many episodes, you can rewatch episodes and not know how it's gonna end.
AggieBand2004
AG
Who are you?
Dread Pirate Roberts
PrincessButtercup said:

I like The Princess Bride.

Same here - except that I inherited my name.
Girlhowdy
AG
Winner winner!
The Fife
62strat said:

I'm named after one of these:

But your name isn't Zildjian...?
Post removed:
by user

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.