May break up with girl over her dog.

15,190 Views | 133 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Corps_Ag12
AggieBand2004
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Have a talk with her, straighten up her priorities, and then drop the dog off at a pound.
It's really not a complicated issue.
who?mikejones
AG
Agmechanic said:

HA HA HA. NOW YOU KNOW WHAT HAVING KIDS IS LIKE.

Nope.
OldArmy91
AG
People, especially hens, that keep dogs locked up in apartments all day....assuming they have a job....and expect their dogs to 'hold it' until they come home from work is cruelty to animals.

The whole 'my dog is my child' thing .....GTFO.

There's a reason people are single. You may have just found her's.
Cobra39
LOL.....I assume there are a lot of single males on this thread if their personas are half the way they talk here. I guess it is fun to have multiple personalities on the internet. Or I really just assume that 95% of the responses are jokes.

Cobra39
Dr. Faustus
AG
The only correct answer is that you should pee on both the dog and her to assert your dominance.
PrincessButtercup
AG
OldArmy91 said:

People, especially hens, that keep dogs locked up in apartments all day....assuming they have a job....and expect their dogs to 'hold it' until they come home from work is cruelty to animals.

My six year old dog has no problem holding it while I'm at work. We go for a walk in the morning and after work. I've had a camera on him, and he literally sleeps or chews on his toys. No issues. Certainly not animal cruelty.
OldArmy91
AG
And I'm sure you spoke to your dog and it told you so.

Do you hold it all day?
PrincessButtercup
AG
OldArmy91 said:

And I'm sure you spoke to your dog and it told you so.

Do you hold it all day?

Sometimes yeah. I don't drink as much water as I should.
Pirate04
AG
I can accept that I'm single because I love and want to hang out with my dog more than most people.
Caesar4
AG
PrincessButtercup said:

OldArmy91 said:

My six year old dog has no problem holding it while I'm at work. We go for a walk in the morning and after work. I've had a camera on him, and he literally sleeps or chews on his toys. No issues. Certainly not animal cruelty.
Same here. On days that I work from home, I'll occasionally wake the dog up from his leisure activity (napping) and force him to go out. But, he just stands at the back door waiting/wanting to come back in.

Reminds me of this meme...

PrincessButtercup
AG
Exactly. I work from home on Fridays and he goes out in the morning and when I'm done working. Never stands by the door in between.
Mr. Big Time
My 5th wife had huge puppies and an old wrinkled up pooch! I left her at the vet and moved to Tokyo!
You have options.
Dr. Faustus
AG
So you prefer to eat dogs vs owning them?
Eliminatus
AG
Pirate04 said:

I can accept that I'm single because I love and want to hang out with my dog more than most people.

Animals>>>>>>people
aggie7911
Bobby Ewing said:

Most of the single GB girls have dogs........
Coincidence?

This chicks using dogs because they can't land a man.
AggieBand2004
AG
Pirate04 said:

I'm single because of poor hygiene and a crippling lack of personality. A/S/L?
Professor Frick
AG
Having only read the thread title, I'm gonna have to say that seems like a strange place for a break up.
getme
Agmechanic said:

HA HA HA. NOW YOU KNOW WHAT HAVING KIDS IS LIKE.

You take your kids outside to ****?
HC
Bobby Ewing said:

Most of the single GB girls have dogs........
Coincidence?
it seems most single GB dudes also have dogs. What's your story? Do you have a dog? Are you single?
Geralt of Rivia
S
Good luck on your quest for love, HC
HC
You know, feelin' good was good enough for me
Good enough for me and my Bobby Ewing
Red Rover
AG
1939 said:

So i started dating this new girl a few months ago and I have enjoyed getting to know her, but she adapted a dog (3 yrs old) about 6 month ago and its ruining my life. She lives in an apartment and the dog is this ugly little thing that has to be constantly cared for like its a freaking newborn. She takes it outside to pee and poop 4 times a day, if you don't let it sit with you or stay in the same room it whines, she lets it in her bed and he idea of disciplining it is by saying "no". I smacked its head the other day after it chewed up a sock and she got mad and said I can't be mean to it. The worst part is that I like (and she does to) to get out of the house, and often out of the city on the weekends but unless she can find someone to pet sit the dog its a no go, and that is most of the time. I'm sick of having to plan my weekends around a 5 pound dogs pooping needs, and her constantly worrying about the dog when she's away from it. Is this what dog ownership is like? if so I don't think I can handle it. I am used to growing up with outside dogs that can fend for themselves as long as you feed it once a day.
It's obvious she is not capable of being in a healthy relationship at this point. Instead of dealing with breakup whining, you should post her number online and let God sort it out.
The Dog Lord
AG
She obviously has some issues she needs to deal with in terms of the separation anxiety and lack of discipline, but some of your points really don't make sense. You don't like that she takes it out to go to the bathroom and wants to make sure it's cared for if she leaves for the weekend? Seems odd. Now if she refuses to let someone else watch it or refuses to board it for the weekend, that's again on her. If she can't find someone to do it, then she's just being responsible for the animal she chose to adopt.
Ags4DaWin
Pirate04 said:

Is that also what you will be telling yourself when you are 35 and Are going crazy trying to find a man to knock you up so you won't die barren and alone? History and biology say you will regret this outlook in about 10 years.

Just sayin.
Deputy Travis Junior
Mr. Big Time said:

My 5th wife had huge puppies and an old wrinkled up pooch! I left her at the vet and moved to Tokyo!
You have options.

Which one did you leave at the vet?
BenFiasco14
AG
Pirate04 said:

This doesn't sound bitter at all. Can almost see the tinder profile now

"If my dog doesn't like you, neither will I!"
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
Kitten With A Whip
Just find a chick that isn't a ******! Your first clue was the first time she referred herself as a "dog mom". Dogs aren't children. Part of the family... Okay, I love dogs so I can live with that, but they are not children and treating them like kids, dressing them in clothes, etc is way more than a hint that you are dealing with someone "special". Find a chick with a dog that spends at least 50% of its time outside.
Human
AG
Kitten With A Whip said:

Just find a chick that isn't a ******! Your first clue was the first time she referred herself as a "dog mom". Dogs aren't children. Part of the family... Okay, I love dogs so I can live with that, but they are not children and treating them like kids, dressing them in clothes, etc is way more than a hint that you are dealing with someone "special". Find a chick with a dog that spends at least 50% of its time outside.

KWAW is the most rationale female on this board!
asandl
AG
this is such an awesome thread!
MooreTrucker
AG
Deputy Travis Junior said:

Mr. Big Time said:

You have options.

Which one did you leave at the vet?
The wife and her puppies and wrinkled pooch.

Think about it......
tford12
AG
1939 said:

She takes it outside to pee and poop 4 times a day
This part is pretty normal for an inside dog...
BBRex
AG
She sounds like she's trying to be a responsible dog owner, while you are exhibiting signs of being a budding serial killer. You should probably go ahead and eat her liver now.
coolerguy12
AG
Quote:

So i started dating this new girl

The dog is the least of your problems. I think you're dating a transsexual.
crowman2010
AG
How has this thread gone 3 pages without Rule #1 compliance?
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Real advice to the OP:

Have a talk with her about how she treats her dog. Like others have said, dogs aren't kids. They're dogs. The real problem she has is that she needs to train herself. The dog will be fine if you board it for a long weekend. The dog will be fine if left alone. Feed the thing, give it shelter, and generally don't be a piece of **** to it and it will be just fine. If she's willing to get on board with the reality that her dog is just a dog, you're moving in the right direction and you can reassess whether you want to stay in the relationship.

GB quality commentary:

• To quote Ron Swanson, "Any dog under 50 pounds is a cat and cats are pointless."
  • Your willingness to stick around and put up with this should come with some quid pro quo. I would suggest that every time plans are cancelled (or not made) because of the dog, she's obligated to do some butt stuff (or whatever blows your skirt up).
  • If all else fails, "accidentally" losing the dog at a local Vietnamese or Korean restaurant ought to do the trick.
  • Worst case, plan a trip to San Diego and pull one of these:

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.