May break up with girl over her dog.

15,210 Views | 133 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Corps_Ag12
Pirate04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The dog was there before you were. Break up with her so she can find someone who isn't such a *****.
reddog90
AG
1939 said:

Is this what dog ownership is like? if so I don't think I can handle it. I am used to growing up with outside dogs that can fend for themselves as long as you feed it once a day.

No. Dogs aren't humans and shouldn't be treated like a child.

Have you actually told her these feelings?
PlanoAg98
AG
So how does the sechs work with the dog in the bed? That's kinda weird.
GAC06
AG
Clean up is a breeze
CDUB98
AG

Quote:

Dogs aren't humans and shouldn't be treated like a child.

CDUB98
AG
PlanoAg98 said:

So how does the sechs work with the dog in the bed? That's kinda weird.
The worst part is when that damned dog sneaks that cold nose in ahead of clean up time.
MaterialAg
AG
Leave, her priorities are all wrong and she won't even bother to put her responsibility for her dog (which is important, to be sure) on the same scale as her responsibility to other parts of her life. Or, you just aren't that important.

Bobby Ewing
AG
Most of the single GB girls have dogs........
Coincidence?
BenFiasco14
AG
Been there before OP. End it if it's becoming too much of an issue. I dated a chick in college that I indeed loved but eventually her dog became too much of an issue and it too was a little *****

I don't mind dogs or cats and in fact I like 95% of them but the fact is some people just shouldn't own dogs.
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
BenFiasco14
AG
Bobby Ewing said:

Coincidence?

Hell, I'd say at least 80% of single milennial women have dogs period. I have my theories as to why this is so but that's for another thread
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
FatZilla
AG
A little antifreeze in some food and by-by problem.
Dread Pirate Roberts
The dog's not the problem. Its her or the relationship. If you can't talk through the issues with her, either she's not the right person for you or you're not ready for an adult relationship.

That's not intended as an insult. I wasn't ready for an adult relationship right out of college, either (though at the time I thought I was). I'm glad I didn't marry someone I dated then or I would be miserable right now.
Post removed:
by user
Pirate04
AG
Shocking.
Ervin Burrell
AG
reddog90 said:

1939 said:

Is this what dog ownership is like? if so I don't think I can handle it. I am used to growing up with outside dogs that can fend for themselves as long as you feed it once a day.

No. Dogs aren't humans and shouldn't be treated like a child.

Wish more people felt this way. I don't even give a sh/t about humans, why would I care about something that walks on four legs. I'm not advocating animal abuse, just hate it when people seem to care more about animals than their fellow man.
PatAg
AG
If you and my dog both fell in a raging river, I'm saving my dog
permabull
AG
WestAustinAg
AG
I think you should break up with her. She's likely far too good for you. Your selfish...i assume young...so you should free her up to another more decent guy. Take care!
agdad4x
My two girls take issue with the "not a human/child" crap - I care alot more about them then I do about most people I know and I am with Pat, If an emergency arises, Fen and Daze come right after agmom!
Cobra39
Bobby Ewing said:

Coincidence?
Sorry.....I loved you on Dallas BE....but what is "GB". I am old.

Cobra39
aggie_fan13
AG
Cats don't have this problem
MooreTrucker
AG
hypeiv said:

Small dogs have to go out about 4 times a day so you are stuck on that one until you have a yard and a dog door and she will likely never give up on letting the dog on the bed.

That being said, there is no excuse for not working on the separation anxiety and tearing up socks. If she is unwilling to do that I would bolt because it will get worse before it gets better.
Sounds like the separation anxiety is as much (or more) the girl rather than the dog.
MooreTrucker
AG
Cobra39 said:

Bobby Ewing said:

Coincidence?
Sorry.....I loved you on Dallas BE....but what is "GB". I am old.

Cobra39

General Board. The forum you're on at this moment.
smokeythebear
AG
azulAg said:

...not that I would suggest the OP get a cat... he seems far too selfish to be in charge of an animal.

Look, the reality is that you clearly aren't concerned about her, the dog, or the relationship. You're complaining as if you're surprised that a significant other would want something in her life to love her (hence adopting a dog because you don't). I don't say that to insult you, only to point out that you really should break up with her.
smokeythebear
AG
If you actually DO like the girl, then take it upon yourself to learn how to train the dog. Chicks LOVE a man that can train an animal. Probably get daily BJs just by teaching the dog to sit and stay.
MooreTrucker
AG
True. Actually, you can train her because dog training is more about training the owner than the dog.
AgTrip
AG
smokeythebear said:

azulAg said:

...not that I would suggest the OP get a cat... he seems far too selfish to be in charge of an animal.

Look, the reality is that you clearly aren't concerned about her, the dog, or the relationship. You're complaining as if you're surprised that a significant other would want something in her life to love her (hence adopting a dog because you don't). I don't say that to insult you, only to point out that you really should break up with her.
Well...except the part where she had the dog before I met her.
AG
MooreTrucker said:

True. Actually, you can train her because dog training is more about training the owner than the dog.
Yes, the dog really isn't that bad, its more the way she treats it and thinks it can't be left alone for more than a few hours.
smokeythebear
AG
1939 said:

smokeythebear said:

azulAg said:

Well...except the part where she had the dog before I met her.
TBH my point remains.
MooreTrucker
AG
Yep, like I said, the separation anxiety is her, not the dog. And that IS a big problem in a relationship.

And the fact that you can't replace the dog in that equation is the biggest red flag.
Caesar4
AG
Seems simple to me, because it worked for our dog:

1. Train the dog to not pee/poop in the house.
2. After #1, you'll be much more likely to be able to find a friend/neighbor to stop by to care for the dog (while the dog remains at home). Walk in the morning, Feed & Walk in the evening.

Cromagnum
AG
The problem likely won't get any better as the girl will not change her own behavior. Fortunately, humans live longer than dogs so the problem won't exist forever.
Post removed:
by user

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.