Chic Fil A

9,076 Views | 92 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Baby Billy
toolshed
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
chipotle said:

Before the whole gay thing I could get in their with no problem but now it's filled to the brim all the time with self righteous folks who think they're doing god's work eating their. This is your fault gay people and it's why I will vote against every bit of legislation you hope to acquire in the future.

Get in their what?

Eating their what?

Sounds a bit dirty to me...
TyHolden
AG
FIDO*98* said:

DSAg44 said:

Dat runs one in fw also. He'll probably have 3-4 in no time.

You can't own more than one. It's part of why they are able to maintain such a high standard. His wife could potentially own one as well, but, that's it
thats what you are told. Some have many.
Drawkcab
Yeah, prove yourself and they make exceptions.
Dread Pirate Roberts
FIDO*98* said:

DSAg44 said:

You can't own more than one. It's part of why they are able to maintain such a high standard. His wife could potentially own one as well, but, that's it
Our guy owns two of them and another local guy has two.

However, I like the idea behind the limited number of stores, so its not just part of a portfolio for someone who never goes into the place. The owners have to spend a certain amount of time in each store, which has the employees working harder. Also, rich people don't like nasty restaurants, so if they work in them, then the restaurant is more likely to be cleaner. Very smart approach by CFA.
B-1 83
AG
Their nuggets are some of the best road food out there.
Anonymous Source
S
AggieHaylea13 said:

I'm all for their lunch & dinner menu, but once they got rid of the spicy chicken biscuit for breakfast they lost lots of points from me. The fact that they replaced it with some egg white crap made it even worse.
I loved the Spicy Chicken Biscuit, but I will say that the egg white chicken deal they now offer in its place is outstanding.
Gig 'Em
CAR96
AG
Anyone ever used their APP to order? How does that work?
Bob Loblaws Law Blog
AG
DSAg44 said:

FIDO*98* said:

DSAg44 said:

thats what you are told. Some have many.
I've always heard you can only have one as well. From their website:

Quote:

This is not the right opportunity for you if you:
  • Are seeking multi-unit franchise opportunities

But I'm guessing if your first one is really successful they aren't going to say no to you having a second one.
AliasMan02
AG
CFA will let you own a second if you're really successful with the first one. I'm sure that principle would extend to additional locations but I'd guess that's very rare.
mwm
Let's get down to basics here...the cookies & cream milkshake with whipped ceam & a cherry on top is just plain outstanding.
AliasMan02
AG
mwm said:

Let's get down to basics here...the cookies & cream milkshake with whipped ceam & a cherry on top is just plain outstanding.
I loved the banana pudding one they had a few years ago.
Baby Billy
AG
Gotta spend $14 to get full, but damn it's good
Micah97
AG
All their shakes are amazing!! Love CFA.
astros4545
AG
CAR96 said:

It's fantastic

Place your order about 90 seconds before you hit the counter, grab your food and walk out

Also their rewards program pays out after about $25 spent, free sandwich/large fries/small milkshake
AgsMyDude
AG
aTm2004 said:

Cstrickland05 said:

AggieHaylea13 said:

I'm all for their lunch & dinner menu, but once they got rid of the spicy chicken biscuit for breakfast they lost lots of points from me. The fact that they replaced it with some egg white crap made it even worse.

That's why God invented the Breakfast On a Bun at Whataburger.
Biscuit. Sammich!

HBCB OR GTFO
12th Man Ag
AG
jake2011 said:

toolshed said:

They said they were going to by replacing it but I've seen that I can still get it at my location. Don't recall if it's not on the menu or is, but my understanding was it was being retired. I am glad to see it hasn't been!!

It isn't on the menu anymore. Each restaurant is selling the amount in stock and then it is gone. The ones in Dallas ran out months ago.

The Houston market still carries the Spicy Chicken Biscuit. Stores in B/CS may still have it too. Houston was one of the few markets in Texas that voted to keep serving the product.

CFA Operators can have a maximum of 3 free-standing restaurants. It is very rare. Two stores is more common and one store is the overwhelming standard.
TXAG 05
AG
Hennessy11 said:

aTm2004 said:

Cstrickland05 said:

AggieHaylea13 said:

Biscuit. Sammich!

HBCB OR GTFO

The HBCB is garbage compared to the BOB.
ToddyHill
AG
A good friend whom I worked with years ago now works at their corporate headquarters near the Atlanta airport. He told me that in the past franchisees could own two units...though today it is restricted to one unit only.

And their Chicken nuggets are the bomb.
AgsMyDude
AG
Cstrickland05 said:

Hennessy11 said:

aTm2004 said:

Cstrickland05 said:

AggieHaylea13 said:

Biscuit. Sammich!

HBCB OR GTFO

The HBCB is garbage compared to the BOB.

histag10
AG
Finally got a chick fil a in Montana.

Unfortunately it's on the other side
Al Bula
AG
A fine Christian business
Bondag
AG
ToddyHill said:

A good friend whom I worked with years ago now works at their corporate headquarters near the Atlanta airport. He told me that in the past franchisees could own two units...though today it is restricted to one unit only.

And their Chicken nuggets are the bomb.
I would listen to the poster above that owns multiple franchises and kept the spicy chicken biscuit in his store.
Drawkcab
CAR96 said:

Of course, it's 2017!

It works like this:

Step 1. Order from the app.
Step 2. Laugh at all the people waiting in line as you are eating your chicken.
Noblemen06
AG
Consistently stellar customer service (especially considering their competition) brings us back time and time again even more so than the perfect chicken sandwich and the prospect of getting an "end of the potato" waffle fry.
mhayden
You also don't own the store -- you just operate it (at a very handsome salary).
Drawkcab
You enjoy the "end of the potato" waffle fries? They're crap and should be disposed of before frying.
Biz Ag
AG
Chick-Fil-A sauce is the tits.

Flashdiaz
AG
Noblemen06 said:

Consistently stellar customer service (especially considering their competition) brings us back time and time again even more so than the perfect chicken sandwich and the prospect of getting an "end of the potato" waffle fry.
"my pleasure" every single time.

and it's always staffed correctly. Registers all being used with extra people walking around filling drinks. Keeps me coming back.

I can't stand understaffing at places like fast food or grocery stores. At most, that's 8 bucks an HOUR for a person, which can be broken down to about 1 customer's meal to cover the cost.

I hate going to Kroger and even target because they have more closed registers than open one's and always have lines... so they just lost ~$100 to save 8 bucks. and I know I'm not the only one.
gigemJTH12
AG
the customer service is amazing.

did yall know you can order your fries "well done"?

I like crispier fries. They are amazing.
Vernada
AG
MouthBQ98 said:

Spicy SW chicken salad with chili lime vinaigrette kicks ass.
Had this on Saturday for the first time. I confirm The tits it is.
ToddyHill
AG
My error....should have inserted the word 'generally' prior to restricted.
62strat
AG
Flashdiaz said:

Noblemen06 said:

I can't stand understaffing at places like fast food or grocery stores. At most, that's 8 bucks an HOUR for a person, which can be broken down to about 1 customer's meal to cover the cost.

I hate going to Kroger and even target because they have more closed registers than open one's and always have lines... so they just lost ~$100 to save 8 bucks. and I know I'm not the only one.
You think an $8/hr employee cost the company $8/hr, and that 100% of revenue from a meal can go to paying that person?

Shows how much you know!

That $8/hr person cost the company maybe $12/hr, and employee cost is say 25% of revenue, so of an $8 meal, $2 is paying for the employee, that is 6 meals to sell in an hour to cover employee, quite a bit more than your estimated 1.

gigemJTH12
AG
superunknown
AG
Huh. I stopped going to CFA because their nuggets are basically salty gristle.
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.