Chic Fil A

9,054 Views | 92 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Baby Billy
AliasMan02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

the customer service is amazing.

did yall know you can order your fries "well done"?

I like crispier fries. They are amazing.

We order our sandwiches well done. Highly recommend.
gigemJTH12
AG
oh wow. so just crispier batter? and the chicken doesnt dry out?
AliasMan02
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

oh wow. so just crispier batter? and the chicken doesnt dry out?

Crispier. Not dry.
TXAG 05
AG
superunknown said:

Huh. I stopped going to CFA because their nuggets are basically salty gristle.

Sounds like you got lost and went to Laynes
BostonAg74
When they took their cole slaw off the menu, they put the recipe for it on their web site. I think it makes about 8 helpings. I had my doubts when we were fixing it, but it tastes just like the cole slaw they used to sell. The tricky part was finding a place that sells 10 0z. bags of shredded cabbage. (Trader Joe's is the correct answer).

They don't have that many Chic-fil-a up here, but to me, the sandwiches just don't taste as good as they used to. They're not bad, but they're nothing special. Their soft serve ice cream is still the best around, though.
62strat
AG
AliasMan02 said:

gigemJTH12 said:

the customer service is amazing.

did yall know you can order your fries "well done"?

I like crispier fries. They are amazing.

We order our sandwiches well done. Highly recommend.
I typically get my chicken well done everywhere I go.

One time, at fuddruckers in college station, a cute sorority looking girl came up to order, and got the chicken sandwich. I asked (as we humorously did from time to time to see what kind of reaction we'd get), 'how would you like that cooked?'.. She paused and slowly said, 'medium well?'

true story.
MouthBQ98
AG
And pretty healthy, too.
Noblemen06
AG
Drawkcab said:

You enjoy the "end of the potato" waffle fries? They're crap and should be disposed of before frying.
They're like waffle-cut potato wedges and therefore wonderful. I also enjoy the "slightly soggy from too much grease" fries.

And no, I'm not fat (yet).
wangus12
AG
I know people that ate Chic Fil A every single day for lunch and sometimes for dinner while we were at A&M and next to the Underground
gigemJTH12
AG
wangus12 said:

I know people that ate Chic Fil A every single day for lunch and sometimes for dinner while we were at A&M and next to the Underground
I was going to say that earlier. College kids abuse it.

Its the one food I have never gotten sick of no matter how much I eat it.
bodaciousbood14
AG
Flashdiaz said:

do not go today! Some schools are out for presidents day which automatically means all moms will take their kids to chick-fil-a today.
All I read was moms will be at Chick Fil A...good enough for me
superunknown
AG
There must be a Laynes inside the drive thru of the last 2 CFAs i stopped at then.
Flashdiaz
AG
bodaciousbood14 said:

Flashdiaz said:

do not go today! Some schools are out for presidents day which automatically means all moms will take their kids to chick-fil-a today.
in that case, go to the gym about 9am and you'll see the health conscious moms who just dropped off Suzy and Timmy at school.
bkag9824
AG
candyland02 said:

I assume it's the MSG, but their chicken sandwich is like a laxative for me. Tastes great but it doesn't stick around for long. Nothing else does that to me.

I really don't understand how more folks don't catch this / care about it.

Oh noes! The dog/cat meat at the Chinese joint has MSG! So bad is the stigma that most Chinese joints specifically say "no msg".

I guess as long as moms can take snowflakes there and get great/fast service it's ok.

And I'll take a spicey sandwich meal with a cookies n cream shake, hold the whipped cream & cherry if anybody is making an afternoon run.
Broncos
AggieHaylea13 said:

I'm all for their lunch & dinner menu, but once they got rid of the spicy chicken biscuit for breakfast they lost lots of points from me. The fact that they replaced it with some egg white crap made it even worse.

Dude. The egg white grill is the best breakfast thing they have.
beanbean
We have a Taco Bell and Chick fil a next door to each other by my house. The difference between going through the drive thru at those 2 is night and day.

The Taco Bell is one of those ones were once you are in the drive thru, you are committed. Single lane with a curb and about a 2 foot drop off. One night I got stuck in the drive thru for almost an hour. When I got to the window, the 2 girls working it were just standing there with their backs to the window and one was looking at stuff on her phone. Not doing anything to help out with whatever was going on that took everyone's food to take so long. When my food was finally done, she turned around and handed it to me and closed the window without a word. Even gave me a dirty look like I was somehow in the wrong. No apologies, no anything. I was furious.

Always low class kids working there. I'll go months and months without going there, then go there and always think to myself, "this is why I rarely come here."

Chick fil a on the other hand is always speedy and the kids that work the drive thru are as polite as can be.

Love Chick fil a.
Goose83
AG
I still haven't forgiven them for removing cole slaw from the menu.
Pikedawgg
aTm2004
AG
That's the biggest difference between Chick-Fil-A and other fast food restaurants. The people who work there are polite and actually seem to enjoy their jobs. That's probably the primary reason I choose them over anywhere else if I have the choice.
HBCanine08
AG
bodaciousbood14
AG
Flashdiaz said:

bodaciousbood14 said:

Flashdiaz said:

in that case, go to the gym about 9am and you'll see the health conscious moms who just dropped off Suzy and Timmy at school.
There's a Crossfit gym right next to my jobsite and this time of year they like to work out outside
Gigem314
AG
The CFA app was a game changer for me.

I can order ahead of time and don't even have to open my wallet. Plus it gives me the chance to customize my order without any confusion telling the attendee (not that it's an issue at CFA, but definitely is at other places).

And the best part, I can either have it ready in the drive-thru when I get there, pick it up quickly inside, or pull into the pick-up spot and have them bring it out to me if the lines are ridiculously long. Lots of options.

None of this "please pull into lane B so we can ignore you for a few minutes while the 3-4 cars behind you get their orders first"...like Whataburger (what a horrible system).

Good for CFA to be forward thinking in the 21st Century with their business model. I hope other places like Whataburger wise up and move that direction too. (Whataburger has an app but you still have to go through the drive-thru and have them scan it...no pre-ordering).

Oh, and after so many purchases with the app, it gives me the option of a free chicken biscuit. Yes please!
Flashdiaz
AG
Gigem314 said:

The CFA app was a game changer for me.

I can order ahead of time and don't even have to open my wallet. Plus it gives me the chance to customize my order without any confusion telling the attendee (not that it's an issue at CFA, but definitely is at other places).

And the best part, I can either have it ready in the drive-thru when I get there, pick it up quickly inside, or pull into the pick-up spot and have them bring it out to me if the lines are ridiculously long. Lots of options.

None of this "please pull into lane B so we can ignore for a few minutes while the 3-4 cars behind you get their orders first" like Whataburger. What a horrible system.

Good for CFA to be forward thinking in the 21st Century with their business model. I hope other places like Whataburger wise up and move that direction too. (Whataburger has an app but you still have to go through the drive-thru and have them scan it...no pre-ordering).

Oh, and after so many purchases with the app, it gives me a free chicken biscuit. Yes please!
whataburger lane B crap is awful.
Baby Billy
AG
Every Taco Bell sucks except for that new one in Vegas. That one was awesome

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.