Cr@ppy Bosses

6,964 Views | 55 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Aggie Rick
Humorous Username
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I have had amazing bosses, except one.

When I worked retail he was constantly talking down to me and other employees, questioning our integrity, and claiming that working at "his store" would be better for our careers than attending college full time.

I was there for four years. Now, 12 years later, and after putting full time college ahead of working retail, I am in management on the corporate side of a major company, and he is retired after being forced out for allegedly telling off his boss.
maledom
My boss isn't crappy, but the CEO is:

• Has a habit of cussing and yelling at employees at all levels. This includes on the phone and in front of others.
  • His mistress/GF is the VP of HR, and has her sister working for the company as well. Company pays for their apt, car, etc.
  • Micromanages employees - even ones like accountants, lawyers, etc.
  • Expects you to wear "multiple hats" even if there is no relation between the role and the job - he recently yelled at an attorney as she was going to lunch because the office didn't have corporate checks for him. He expected her to have ordered those and have them on hand even though no one else has requested them.
  • Schedules construction in the office during office hours.
  • Walks around the office to check what time employees leave.
  • Makes negative comments to operations group about the corporate groups resulting in lack of a team environment - things like, "they don't do any work", "they're just overhead", "they cost the company money", "if they something to you let me know".
  • Took a bonus and raise before reducing employees' salaries.
  • Believes in not reinventing the wheel, but won't improve on it.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
maledom said:

• Expects you to wear "multiple hats" even if there is no relation between the role and the job - he recently yelled at an attorney as she was going to lunch because the office didn't have corporate checks for him. He expected her to have ordered those and have them on hand even though no one else has requested them

• That isn't multiple hats. That is being a total blunderbuss. You should be looking for a new job ASAP.
    george92
    maledom said:

My boss isn't crappy, but the CEO is:

• Has a habit of cussing and yelling at employees at all levels. This includes on the phone and in front of others.
    • His mistress/GF is the VP of HR, and has her sister working for the company as well. Company pays for their apt, car, etc.

So that I understand you correctly, these are bad things?

The first bullet point is what we in the business world call motivating. Every great leader is also a great motivator. If you didn't do such a chitty job, he wouldn't have to motivate you.

The second bullet point - of what concern is this of yours? I'm guessing she's hot and has big knockers and the sister likely puts out as well. Again, he likely has to has these things because everyone in the company except for him sucks at their jobs and requires him to need stress relief after motivating you and your co-workers every day.

You sound like the busy body gossipy type.
    maledom
    blindey said:

maledom said:

• Expects you to wear "multiple hats" even if there is no relation between the role and the job - he recently yelled at an attorney as she was going to lunch because the office didn't have corporate checks for him. He expected her to have ordered those and have them on hand even though no one else has requested them

• That isn't multiple hats. That is being a total blunderbuss. You should be looking for a new job ASAP.
    I agree, and I have been.

maledom
    STFU
    george92
    Typical busy body response.
    mm98
    AG
    By chance, you don't work for a research company in Sugar Land, TX...do you???
    Geralt of Rivia
    S
    If he does, you wouldn't happen to be the VP of HR at that company, would you?
    maledom
    No. I am guessing another company has the same issues
    maledom
    lol no.
    mm98
    AG
    maledom said:

No. I am guessing another company has the same issues
    Description was so similar, its scary.
    HollywoodBQ
    AG
    Not crappy but incompetent / is in way over his head.

Have spent 6 months hoping that he would at least try to understand what we do. Meanwhile, he's been loading us up on TPS reports. It's a real joy.
    Krazykat
    AG
    I've got a boss that has to be the center of attention. In a group, he will single someone out and cut them down. He talks about everyone behind their back. No matter what you have done, he has done it better. He also has a temper and will shut you down when you have something to say that he doesn't like, and he wonders why no one tells him anything. Plus, he kisses his boss' ass. Just gets old and morale sucks.
    largelili
    AG
    My boyfriend's boss has been a real gem...

When he told her his grandfather passed away she replied with, "It's been a bad week for both of us. My dishwasher broke yesterday, and I stubbed my toe." She wasn't being sarcastic.

She also changed his job from 50% overnight travel and field work to 100% overnight travel and field work with no project management. He often has to work on Saturdays as well so he can't even come back on weekends. When he told her he needs to come back to see his daughter she replied with, "Why can't you just buy groceries for her, drop them off, and go back in the field?"

She told him a story of how her boyfriend cheated on her 10 years ago and since then any man who pisses her off no longer gets any work from her. Wouldn't be an issue, but he has to meet a certain percentage of billable time.

She has stopped talking to him directly and ignores his calls, emails and texts. Instead she relays information through a female colleague out of a different office.

He has a new job, and is quitting in a week.
    aTm2004
    AG
    largelili said:

When he told her his grandfather passed away she replied with, "It's been a bad week for both of us. My dishwasher broke yesterday, and I stubbed my toe." She wasn't being sarcastic.

She also changed his job from 50% overnight travel and field work to 100% overnight travel and field work with no project management. He often has to work on Saturdays as well so he can't even come back on weekends. When he told her he needs to come back to see his daughter she replied with, "Why can't you just buy groceries for her, drop them off, and go back in the field?"

She told him a story of how her boyfriend cheated on her 10 years ago and since then any man who pisses her off no longer gets any work from her. Wouldn't be an issue, but he has to meet a certain percentage of billable time.

She has stopped talking to him directly and ignores his calls, emails and texts. Instead she relays information through a female colleague out of a different office.

Women "leaders." Can't. Let. ***** Go.
    The Fife
    aTm2004 said:

largelili said:

Women "leaders." Can't. Let. ***** Go.
    YES. Someone where my dad worked held a grudge against him for almost 30 years before the witch retired. It was some stupid disagreement about a secretary in like 1978,
    Ghost91
    largelili said:

She has stopped talking to him directly and ignores his calls, emails and texts. Instead she relays information through a female colleague out of a different office. Surrrrrrre she does....

The odds that your boyfriend is making all of this up because he's sleeping with his boss are hovering at around 46% currently.
    Tom Kazansky 2012
    AG
    Yep
    largelili
    AG
    Haha yeah right! She looks like Dolores Umbridge and owns a million cats. I've met her, and she's legitimately crazy. I don't think anyone has slept with this lady in a long ass time!
    FCBlitz
    My boss was this Ivy League Elitist who I constantly clashed with.

Abbreviated version:

One day the look down your nose at me elitist ahole push that attitude at me 1 too many times. When he left I took his steel toed boots and emptied my bladder into them.

I felt better......
    Aggie Rick
    AG
    Large Lili's BF most def taking boss to pound town
    Refresh
    Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
    See Subscription Benefits
    Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.