Cr@ppy Bosses

6,965 Views | 55 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Aggie Rick
Krazykat
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Who has a cr@ppy boss and what do they do or don't do that makes them one?
IrishTxAggie
AG
He's English...
PA04
sounds like you need a new puppy
george92
Ha ha!!! I'm my own boss. Most the time I'm the same dick to myself as I am to you people.
george92
ColinAggie said:

He's English...

Oh a Wanker. You guys have a lot in common.
histag10
AG
My boss is pretty awesome.
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
My boss is a Jewish Carpenter.

I get real tired of him skimping on materials all the time.
LPHA
AG
Crappy
titanmaster_race
My boss is awesome.
Geralt of Rivia
S
OP reeks of Bombay
CrottyKid
AG
My boss is awesome. My boss' boss is awesome. My boss' boss' boss is ok. My boss' boss' boss' boss is the governor, and he is a frickin idiot.
pikedawg
One of my bosses is Mexican.... Can't Wait

Wildman15
AG
My management all the way up the chain is pretty awesome actually. In fact, I've been pretty fortunate so far to not have any horrible managers.

Now, some of my former cadet leadership on the other hand was not so fantastic.
cisgenderedAggie
My boss doesn't understand what his job is supposed to be, nor does he have any idea how to do it. He benefits from having an unreasonably loyal business partner and a stellar group of directors that persevere in spite of his constant missteps, poor and inaccurate communication of company goals, and interference in how they manage their teams. The only person in the company that can tolerate working with him is the co-owner of the company, who frequently dismisses his thoughts and statements, even in the presence of his subordinates (and their subordinates). He is the single biggest impediment to growth and improvement at the company, kind of a dick, and pays badly.

But I've learned a lot from him about what I don't want in my next job!
Rusty GCS
AG
I've mostly had good bosses. Only had one I considered crappy. He had no actual background knowledge of what my job entailed but thought he knew it all including more than I did.

It was miserable.
River
My boss doesn't have any business acumen and looks like she doesn't want to learn. Constant stupid statements or quiet during meetings: no in between...
Ragoo
AG
River said:

My boss doesn't have any business acumen and looks like she doesn't want to learn. Constant stupid statements or quiet during meetings: no in between...
she, lol.
Rusty GCS
AG
River said:

This is not Trumps America
Esteban du Plantier
AG
My boss is good at his specific task, but is not very intelligent.

Everything has to be explained in the simplest terms.

He forwards me a half dozen emails a day along with questions like "what the **** is she trying to say?" or "what does this ******* want us to do?"
GAC06
AG
You can write "crappy" on TexAgs
COOL LASER FALCON
Aw h*ck. Sounds like a real tough spot.
george92
River said:

So she's hot with big knockers?
mike_ags_fan12
They're awesome schmucks
Talon2DSO
AG
I worked for an attorney that was a real ****bag. He shaved hours off of us so he could pad his own stats among a number of other things. He's a little ***** when I called him on it. He had higher rank so I left the firm. He got fired a couple months after I left due to his dishonesty catching up to him.
marble rye
AG
I have cool bosses at work. The only thing I don't like is one of them likes to call me to discuss something and stretches the conversation out way longer than it needs to be.
nickstro66
AG
Boss at a job I had in high school was very angry when I had to take off for my playoff football game. This was the first time I had requested a day off in my 3 months of working there. I got someone to cover my shift so it really wasn't a big deal. I went in for work the next day and my boss yelled at me in front of everybody because I should not have put high school football in front of my minimum wage high school job.
CaddoAggie96
AG
Got called a smartazz in a meeting with several other colleagues.
He wasn't a "boss", but had a decent level of influence in regards to contractors like myself.
Context: he asked me if he could borrow my computer power cord. We all had the same.
Since the meeting was set for only like an hour and a half I had left it in my truck.
I said sure.... Let me run grab it for you. He immediately asked "why don't you have it with you?"....in a condescending tone.
I reacted quickly before thinking it through and said "what happened to yours?".
He blew up like an old toad frog and stormed into his office calling me a smartazz in front of everyone. If anyone needed retirement it was this dude. After that he was the most high strung jerk to be around and the company finally eliminated his position.
Rusty GCS
AG
Contractor trash
Scoopen Skwert
AG
Someone not get a reach around?
CaddoAggie96
AG
Rusty GCS said:

Contractor trash

I know, right
Esteban du Plantier
AG
nickstro66 said:

Boss at a job I had in high school was very angry when I had to take off for my playoff football game. This was the first time I had requested a day off in my 3 months of working there. I got someone to cover my shift so it really wasn't a big deal. I went in for work the next day and my boss yelled at me in front of everybody because I should not have put high school football in front of my minimum wage high school job.

If that's the worst, you've had it pretty easy.

My manger can be a bit of a grump when it comes to taking time off. For example:

I was once chastised because my uncle's funeral took longer than I had originally forecasted.

I got **** for leaving a meeting early when my wife went into labor.

Every time I leave early for doctor appointments, etc. I'm made to feel like I'm abandoning my team.
nickstro66
AG
I'm young so I haven't had many bosses. That boss was the first one I ever had. Your boss sounds horrible.
The Fall Guy
AG
My boss knows nothing what I do. She is only here because she is the only woman. Totally incompetent but I make sure I do what she Says and let her fall.on her own sword.
clarythedrill
The Fall Guy said:

My boss knows nothing what I do. She is only here because she is the only woman. Totally incompetent but I make sure I do what she Says and let her fall.on her own my sword.
FIFY.
aTm2004
AG
My boss now is awesome. He lets us have our space as long as the job is getting done.

My previous boss was a crappy boss. The president of the company (50k employees) was married to his sister, so as he moved up, so did my boss. When he left (or was pushed out), my boss began falling in responsibility to where he was when I worked for him. He was a micro manager that just got on people's nerves. If somebody was 3 minutes late clocking in, he'd email their manager to have us talk to the person. For me, I looked at the clock and only brought it up if it looked to become a habit because **** happens on the drive in. He also let it be known that he could do any of our jobs better than us and he knew more than we did.

The main reasons he was a crappy boss was because the facility I worked at was 24/7, and the 2 operations I managed were 24/6, which required me to be there late at night some times because he would never approve job reqs when I'd request them. When an issue would arise after hours that I needed some guidance/coaching on how to handle it, he would not pick up his phone when I'd call him, but would respond with a text saying "it's after hours." Usually, I'd be able to handle it and get it straightened out with minimal impact to our KPI's, but if I wasn't and we fell below the agreed minimum for the customer, he'd rip me a new one the next morning.

The most arrogant thing I've ever seen in my professional life was also from this asshat. The customer for one of the operations I managed saw the staffing I had to handle the business and knew it wasn't nearly enough (he managed it back when they did it in house). He'd also comment on how hard I was working to keep it running and how unsustainable it was. He called a meeting with the SVP of our region, my boss, the sales guy, and me to discuss the business. One of the topics on his agenda was staffing. When he told us that we needed to double the staff we had, my boss told him "with all due respect, this is what we do and we can run this better than you can with a leaner staff." The sales guy was in disbelief at what he just heard, and the SVP punted stating that my boss was closer to the business and would know best what would be optimal staffing. After the meeting was over, the customer pulled me aside and told me "you need to get out."

His counterpart on the other operation I ran called me when he heard I was laid off (and our numbers began to tank) to let me know exactly how he felt about my boss. He wasn't happy with how they were treated by him and felt we could do much better with a better leader in my boss' position.

Both of these were well known retail customers who brought in 8-figure revenues to our location.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.