14 yo Irving student arrested for bringing homemade clock to school

35,069 Views | 228 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by riverrataggie
30_Days
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
I wish zero tolerance didn't exist because it has taken discretion and common sense and tossed them to the side.

People who are sue happy have ruined public schools.
this has nothing to do with zero tolerance, nothing at all
riverrataggie
AG
I was given detention and had a parent teacher meeting in sixth grade because I said, no way Jose.

My teacher was Mexican.
Prune Tracy
FOUR THIN INCHES
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
lol, /politics thread got locked

Was reading some of that thread. Jesus tits some of those people are f***ing weird.
Muy defended Fran right up to the very end if that tells you anything about him.
He's gonna turn things around! Don't you read the news letter?!

How many national championships have we won since firing Fran?
Would he have won one or more had we kept him around?
Maybe
chipotle
Sherman was such an upgrade
riverrataggie
AG
Now that's dumb.
45-70Ag
AG
quote:
quote:
I wish zero tolerance didn't exist because it has taken discretion and common sense and tossed them to the side.

this has nothing to do with zero tolerance, nothing at all

Never said it did. But that's what the school will fall back on.
45-70Ag
AG
quote:
quote:

Don't do stupid things like arrest kids for having a clock and don't get sued.

The problem is attorneys. They can control everything, they tell us what we can and can't do.

Everything is based on a dumb matrix created by an attorney.

Lawsuit happy parents have made it impossible to think outside the box and that's not changing.
30_Days
AG
what do lawsuit happy parents have to do with this case at all in any way? somebody please explain the connection.
FOUR THIN INCHES
AG
This is my new go to excuse: lawyers made me do it.
FOUR THIN INCHES
AG
At least the kid didn't try to have a political discussion about Presidential candidate, Deez Nuts.
45-70Ag
AG
quote:
This is my new go to excuse: lawyers made me do it.

They drive everything. Not like I can say well I'm not listening to that attorney today, I'd like to keep my job.
superunknown
AG
Lol reddit

FOUR THIN INCHES
AG
What if this kid really is a terrorist and getting invited to the White House by the President was his plan all along?
nai06
AG
quote:
At least the kid didn't try to have a political discussion about Presidential candidate, Deez Nuts.

Thus actually happened in an ap gov class where I work. It was a very informative and quality discussion for the class.
nai06
AG
quote:
quote:

This actually happened in an ap gov class where I work. It was a very informative and quality discussion for the class.
riverrataggie
AG
quote:
What if this kid really is a terrorist and getting invited to the White House by the President was his plan all along?

Then hopefully our nation can fend off an 13 year old.
EFE
AG
quote:
quote:

Then hopefully our nation can fend off an 13 year old.

Who can already make bombs!
/IrvingPD
30_Days
AG
quote:
why would he want to attack the Imam-in-Chief his brother in Muhammad Barrack Hussein Obama?
30_Days
AG
/politics doubles down on stupidity...again

http://texags.com/forums/16/topics/2660438
chipotle
Dang, it does look like a bomb. But Obama is all, "yo dat clock is da bomb."
30_Days
AG
quote:

no, it looks a tiny bit like a bad prop made by an amateur prop maker, it doesn't actually look like any real bomb ever made in the history of terrorism
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
quote:

Geralt of Rivia
S
I bet North Korea has made one that looks like that...and I'm sure it almost worked
BostonAg74
Since he was invited to bring the clock to the White House, aren't we going to have to go through all this again when he tries to take this thing through airport security?
30_Days
AG
quote:
Since he was invited to bring the clock to the White House, aren't we going to have to go through all this again when he tries to take this thing through airport security?
even the most dim witted TSA agent should be able to tell the difference
Buck Compton
AG
quote:
quote:
How much time have you spent flying recently? TSA Agents are generally a whole new class of stupid.
histag10
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
How much time have you spent flying recently? TSA Agents are generally a whole new class of stupid.

I sincerely hope that a TSA agent on here finds out your identity and puts you on a full search list.
EFE
AG
I guess we know what histag does for a living now
chipotle
But seriously a clock suit case is the stupidest idea ever.
Jimmy Valentine
I'm sorry, in all seriousness, there is no way that would make it through TSA without any trouble. I have witnessed them take away obvious toy guns from children. TSA would never allow that on to a plane, not because it might be a bomb, but because it could scare other passengers into thinking it is a bomb.

The kid was never in trouble because they thought it was a real bomb. He was in trouble because he could easily use that clock to scare others into thinking it was a bomb.

Fonzie Scheme
AG
quote:
I'm sorry, in all seriousness, there is no way that would make it through TSA without any trouble. I have witnessed them take away obvious toy guns from children. TSA would never allow that on to a plane, not because it might be a bomb, but because it could scare other passengers into thinking it is a bomb.

The kid was never in trouble because they thought it was a real bomb. He was in trouble because he could easily use that clock to scare others into thinking it was a bomb.

riverrataggie
AG
quote:
/politics doubles down on stupidity...again

http://texags.com/forums/16/topics/2660438

I piled on.
BennyBlancoFromTheBright
AG
Land of the gullible, thy name is General Board.
histag10
AG
quote:
Land of the gullible, thy name is General Board.

Better than thy name being histag

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.