14 yo Irving student arrested for bringing homemade clock to school

34,913 Views | 228 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by riverrataggie
EFE
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
You mean he's going to blow up my bracket for me?
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
The kid was pushing a boundary, just like all of us did as a teenager. It was a boundary that shouldn't have been pushed in today's society. but the school totally overreacted and should have immediately called in his parents.
FOUR THIN INCHES
AG
A boundary that shouldn't have been pushed? It was a boundary that very obviously needed to be pushed to highlight some of the insanity happening in our school and legal systems, and shed light on the type of people that are given too much power over ourselves and our children.
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
That is why I said " in today's society." I think the system is broken and does need to change. But I don't think that was the kid's intent.
FOUR THIN INCHES
AG
Boundaries always need to be tested, especially in a broken system, that's how you figure out what needs to be fixed.
riverrataggie
AG
quote:
You mean he's going to blow up my bracket for me?

I see what you did there.
chipotle
quote:
Boundaries always need to be tested, especially in a broken system, that's how you figure out what needs to be fixed.

So he's the Muslim rosa parks of student discipline? Please.
MaterialAg
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Pretty sure my idiot middle school teachers would have taken this seriously. That looks nothing like a clock and they value their retirement more than me. Dumb on the kid's part, too.
guessing you didn't read anything else in the thread. How big do you think that "bomb" is, based on that picture?
Of course I did. I am guessing you hopped offside like a lot of other whiny loons on thsi thread, and didn't wait for the whole story to come out, like this:

quote:
'No stranger to media attention': Meet #IStandWithAhmed's father, an activist who twice ran for President of Sudan

http://linkis.com/twitchy.com/2015/09/FZpqh

Patience is a virtue. That looks like no clock I've ever seen or tried to make. School authorities overreact out of perceived necessity to a lot more silly items than this publicity stunt.
FOUR THIN INCHES
AG
quote:
quote:

So he's the Muslim rosa parks of student discipline? Please.

That's one way of looking at it.
30_Days
AG
anybody, whether they think its good or not, who thinks this did did this on purpose trying to bait a response, has their head shoved firmly up their own ass.
MaterialAg
AG
quote:
anybody, whether they think its good or not, who thinks this did did this on purpose trying to bait a response, has their head shoved firmly up their own ass.
Oh, according to ... you?

No need to go any further, folks. The One has spoken.
haircut
AG
quote:
oh yay...another incident that the media says I should be outraged about

#zerofooksgiven
Wgas about this snot nosed kid.
80s Guy
HBCanine08
AG
Look at all the cool ish this kid got. Jelly.

HBCanine08
AG
quote:
Whoa, chill out there, Neo.
DannyDuberstein
AG
He's going to take the cover off of all that stuff and then say he built it.
HBCanine08
AG
quote:
He's going to take the cover off of all that stuff and then say he built it.
He didn't build that
/obama
GiveEmHellBill
AG
quote:
A boundary that shouldn't have been pushed? It was a boundary that very obviously needed to be pushed to highlight some of the insanity happening in our school and legal systems, and shed light on the type of people that are given too much power over ourselves and our children.
....and now tell him what he's won, Don Pardo!

Wow, I had no idea social crusades were so f-ing LUCRATIVE! Too bad I'm white and so can't get in on this s**t.

Jugstore Cowboy
AG
quote:

I know I certainly never did anything to bait a response as a teenager.
riverrataggie
AG
quote:
quote:
....and now tell him what he's won, Don Pardo!

Wow, I had no idea social crusades were so f-ing LUCRATIVE! Too bad I'm white and so can't get in on this s**t.

Damn. He can build a lot of bombs with that stuff.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.