Underage girl at Chilifest gets out of a ticket with rock-paper-scissors

53,476 Views | 241 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by Helms96
AgEng06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ah, that's right... the metric system.
BombayAg
quote:
I'd be pretty damn proud of myself if I managed to convince a cop to play paper scissor rock to determine if I got a ticket.

If you are a hot chick, just show your bewbs
VinnyTAMU
AG
Looks like the officers are already in trouble. Link
P.C. Principal
quote:
The Man sucks.
histag10
AG
quote:
Giving the undersage drinker a break is ot what got the officers in trouble. Gaas says doing so is an officer's discretion. But when they "play games to get someone out of a ticket, I have a problem with that," Gaas said.Gaas said he hired officers from nearly 60 agencies to work security. They issued 113 citations. According to the Burleson County Sheriff's Office, 44 people were arrested at Chilifest.Gaas was upset by the officers' actions saying "it gives all of us a bad name."

I think it gave the cops a pretty awesome name. I mean, they werent dicks, and they let her off with a warning.

Also, whoever wrote that article really should have used spell check
Tanya 93
Oh my!

BUzzfeed comments are whining about white privilege!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
bmc13
AG
ooooh cross post to crazy moms
Beer Baron
AG
quote:
Oh my!

BUzzfeed comments are whining about white privilege!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well, they have a point. He didn't play Gun when she played Rock.
VinnyTAMU
AG
quote:
quote:
Giving the undersage drinker a break is ot what got the officers in trouble. Gaas says doing so is an officer's discretion. But when they "play games to get someone out of a ticket, I have a problem with that," Gaas said.Gaas said he hired officers from nearly 60 agencies to work security. They issued 113 citations. According to the Burleson County Sheriff's Office, 44 people were arrested at Chilifest.Gaas was upset by the officers' actions saying "it gives all of us a bad name."

I think it gave the cops a pretty awesome name. I mean, they werent dicks, and they let her off with a warning.

That is basically how every KBTX article is written. Whomever writes those articles has a "WGAS" attitude.
CharlieBrown17
AG
KBTX article has some interesting comments as well already.
Amazing Moves
I guess she's gonna have to Belle Knox her way through school now.
FightingAggie
AG
quote:
Dennis Gaas sucks.
Chazz03
AG
quote:
quote:

Dennis needs to lighten up
213 Grove
AG
Its on the front page of E!News too http://www.eonline.com/news
histag10
AG
Can anyone verify if her dad has found out yet?
GinaLinetti
AG
quote:

If her dad is anything like my mom, she's safe unless it ends up on Fox News
Beer Baron
AG
quote:
Its on the front page of E!News too http://www.eonline.com/news
quote:
What happened in the Vine was pretty amazing, but Becky's facial expressions are truly award-winning. She goes from looking emotionally overwrought to sheer panic to determination to utter, crap-her-pants relief all in a matter of five seconds. And her dude-bros and girls celebrated her triumph as if she had just taken down a pack of ninjas single-handedly to defend her family's honor.
Beer Baron
AG
quote:
quote:

If Pat Sajak or Victor from Young and the Restless start talking about this my grandmother is not going to be happy with what this young lady has done to tarnish Texas A&M's reputation.
Scruffy
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

If Pat Sajak or Victor from Young and the Restless start talking about this my grandmother is not going to be happy with what this young lady has done to tarnish Texas A&M's reputation.
Amazing Moves
quote:
quote:
quote:

fido00
AG
I thought that was pretty cool if the cop to at least follow through and not give her a ticket.
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Is that how they found out about your... you know... sandwiches?
GinaLinetti
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Gdit
rhoswen
AG
Cops are in semi trouble for it at the moment.

How lame.
nai06
AG
of all the things we have seen and read in the news lately, I cant think of anything that has improved Law Enforcement Civilian relations more than this story. Sucks that the cop is catching hell for this.
FOUR THIN INCHES
AG
quote:
of all the things we have seen and read in the news lately, I cant think of anything that has improved Law Enforcement Civilian relations more than this story. Sucks that the cop is catching hell for this.

No kidding. With all the bad press they get, this is actually good for them because it's humanizing. Not surprised that many cops aren't able to understand that, though.
aggiedrew08
AG
quote:

I think a certain segment of the population will only see it was white cops being nice to a white person.
Knife_Party
To me it looks like the police officer throws his down so early that he was intending to let her win and wasn't going to ticket her. Anyone who's been to chilifest knows that some of the police out there can be pretty chill as long as you aren't out of control (or underage). I've shared a night time bonfire with several.
aTm2004
AG
quote:
Cops are in semi trouble for it at the moment.

How lame.
Such horse****.

Cops wonder why people think they're *******s, and the LEO's getting in trouble for this is one of the reasons why. Those guys showing a human side and not being dicks did more for the image of PD's to those at Chillifest (and who have seen this) than you could ever imagine. Yeah, they didn't give out a MIP, but others saw them and knew they wouldn't be playing games all day and probably decided to put down the beer. Because that's what it's all about, right? It can't possibly be about ticket revenue, could it? Who am I kidding. That's all it's about. That's why there's those asshats on motorcycles parked behind bushes and popping Speed Racer going 49 in a 45. That's why you walk up to a guy about to get on a sport bike and shine your light into his eyes asking for license and insurance even though the bike was off and he was putting on his helmet (personal experience). It's ALL about ticket revenue disguised as "safety." Well, **** you and your ticket too!

aTm2004
AG
quote:
To me it looks like the police officer throws his down so early that he was intending to let her win and wasn't going to ticket her. Anyone who's been to chilifest knows that some of the police out there can be pretty chill as long as you aren't out of control (or underage). I've shared a night time bonfire with several.
That's the norm in places not called College Station. I got caught carrying a case of beer in my hometown while I was still in HS by the local PD. He knew I wasn't a trouble maker and neither were my friends, so he let us go about our way and wanted us to make sure we had a DD.
TyHolden
AG
i drank with the local cops and my high school football coaches during the spring of high school....never during football season of course
LostInLA07
AG
Gaas is a loser.
Wildcat
AG
quote:
quote:
Pretty damn funny. Why in the hell do all those people post on reddit?

So when they post something that says, "I have a Master's degree in English Lit and I can't even get a job. The minimum wage should be $20/hour and all health care should be free if you're an atheist!" they have a bunch of other people to say, "Yeah! I agree completely!" all while living of their parents.
swimmerbabe11
quote:
quote:
quote:

Victor passing along a lot of messages for you? You sure seem to know his name.
Amazing Moves
Yep. Let's discourage the good cops. Great idea, ass. That's what the public needs.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.