GoFundMe Beggars

10,309 Views | 97 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by Tanya 93
Stan Crowch
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I love you too.
we can pickle that
Dallas ebola >>> Chipotle
Charpie
AG
I'm not sure why anyone gives a crap about anyone asking for money. It seems like we spend entirely too much time worrying about what others are doing.
Kate Beckett
AG
But but but...who is gonna pay for that 2015 Corvette I want?
Ronnie Gardocki
That's called enabling. #JustLetPeopleDoWhateverTheyWant #Lol
nai06
AG
ftr,

I do other fundraisers besides gofundme. But many people want to give cash instead of buying stuff they wont use.
Charpie
AG
quote:
That's called enabling. #JustLetPeopleDoWhateverTheyWant #Lol
So you think you should dictate what people can and can't do? You enable them by actually contributing.

It's absolutely unreal that so called conservatives want to meddle in other peoples lives.
Sweet Clementine
AG
Here's an example of one that drives me crazy:

http://www.gofundme.com/f4r0uw

people don't understand that you don't have to have a wedding. You can get married at the courthouse for really cheap.
Charpie
AG
quote:

people don't understand that you don't have to have a wedding. You can get married at the courthouse for really cheap.
Agreed, but if you don't contribute, why does it matter what they do?
WC87
AG
quote:
Whenever someone sends me a link to a gofundme project, I send them back a fake URL called gof***yourself.com lol not really but that would be
funny. I just thought of it
Please continue to post your funny thoughts throughout the day.

we can pickle that
Hey charpie, you have thousands of records LOL. #sad #destroythedome
Tanya 93
quote:

Well, they want a wedding.
Did you just get married at the courthouse? No.
Why does someone asking for money you don't have to give bother you?

And the couple isn't even the one that started the fund.
Fonzie Scheme
AG
Why do you wimmen give a **** that some people just want to beech about it? Your questioning of the opinions against is a proxy defense of people who are the Internet equivalent of a street beggar.
SECond2noneAgs
AG
It just seems really tacky to ask everybody else to pay for your stuff you simply want. I have some acquaintances who currently have a GoFundMe (or something similar) set up for their honeymoon, which they are planning on being a 7-month cross-country road trip. How about people get a job instead, and then pay for it once they have the funds. It's not that hard.
Sweet Clementine
AG
quote:
It just seems really tacky to ask everybody else to pay for your stuff you simply want. I have some acquaintances who currently have a GoFundMe (or something similar) set up for their honeymoon, which they are planning on being a 7-month cross-country road trip. How about people get a job instead, and then pay for it once they have the funds. It's not that hard.

This.
new straw
I get that you don't have to donate to stuff like that, but why are you from Oklahoma, getting married in Oregon and moving to California if you are flat broke? I know the courthouse isn't ideal, but if you need funding for all of that, newsflash! Maybe you shouldn't be moving.
Sweet Clementine
AG
This one is just an interesting story.

http://www.gofundme.com/em7ggw
SECond2noneAgs
AG
It's because people today think that they are "special" and it is their "right" to do whatever makes their little hearts happy, no matter how much it costs.
Tanya 93
quote:
I get that you don't have to donate to stuff like that, but why are you from Oklahoma, getting married in Oregon and moving to California if you are flat broke? I know the courthouse isn't ideal, but if you need funding for all of that, newsflash! Maybe you shouldn't be moving.

Maybe they have jobs they have to get to?
They aren't even the ones who started the gofundme page.
new straw
I get that part. And maybe they do have jobs lined up. More power to them. Do they HAVE to get married in Oregon and stay for 4 nights? I may be in the minority here, but it has been 10 years since I've been on vacation. I would love to marry my man, but until we can afford that, it's not in the cards. I would be MORTIFIED if someone started a go find me account for it.
752bro4
AG
Time to set up an account for this guy

He lost his scholarship after being a g'damn idiot. He'll likely sue the university, athletic department, coach, and security company from the stadium. Let's support his legal defense team!
Sweet Clementine
AG
Benny the Fish would like some bail money

http://www.gofundme.com/f47bzk
Beer Baron
AG
quote:
I get that part. And maybe they do have jobs lined up. More power to them. Do they HAVE to get married in Oregon and stay for 4 nights? I may be in the minority here, but it has been 10 years since I've been on vacation. I would love to marry my man, but until we can afford that, it's not in the cards. I would be MORTIFIED if someone started a go find me account for it.

What if instead of a gofundme account we started a "HelpStrawNotBeASinfulShackingUpHoarAnymore" account?
Ronnie Gardocki
quote:

It's sad when people panhandle/beg at their place of business. I've seen it a couple times and don't understand how people aren't ashamed/embarrassed to do that at work. I don't care if people do it on Facebook, because I don't have a account. I also don't care if it's done on here, just keep it out of work. I'm at work to conduct business, that's it, not worry about personal issues. I'm from the old school where you would ask family members or people from church for assistance, if you were that desperate.

"Always business, never personal. "

/Nino Brown
histag10
AG
quote:
Time to set up an account for this guy

He lost his scholarship after being a g'damn idiot. He'll likely sue the university, athletic department, coach, and security company from the stadium. Let's support his legal defense team!

Golf caddie scholarship?
WindowLickerAg
AG
Internet Panhandling
Tanya 93
quote:
quote:

It's sad when people panhandle/beg at their place of business. I've seen it a couple times and don't understand how people aren't ashamed/embarrassed to do that at work. I don't care if people do it on Facebook, because I don't have a account. I also don't care if it's done on here, just keep it out of work. I'm at work to conduct business, that's it, not worry about personal issues. I'm from the old school where you would ask family members or people from church for assistance, if you were that desperate.

"Always business, never personal. "

/Nino Brown

So business is being on Texags the entire work day?
Ronnie Gardocki
Aren't you unemployed? LOL
Tanya 93
quote:
Aren't you unemployed? LOL
Deflect. Deflect. Deflect.

And no, I am not unemployed.
onceaggie
AG
quote:

lol didnt you use to baby sit kids for a living/teacher
Tanya 93
quote:
quote:

lol didnt you use to baby sit kids for a living/teacher
Of course.
Scimitar
AG
quote:
I'm not sure why anyone gives a crap about anyone asking for money. It seems like we spend entirely too much time worrying about what others are doing.
new straw
quote:
quote:
What if instead of a gofundme account we started a "HelpStrawNotBeASinfulShackingUpHoarAnymore" account?
only If I can do the same for you!
Ronnie Gardocki
Well said, onceaggie.
Scimitar
AG
dude, you're a blue collar slug who's idea of conducting business is moving boxes from one side of the room to the other
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.