What are you listening to right now?

140,617 Views | 2382 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by CharlieBrown17
Charpie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
HossAg
Gigem Trevas
quote:
Wow
Frederick Palowaski
AG
quote:

HossAg
AG
Trevas your music opinions are completely irrelevant. You like t swift and fgl, and you think that Flo Rida is better than Eminem.
Gigem Trevas
quote:
Trevas your music opinions are completely irrelevant. You like t swift and fgl, and you think that Flo Rida is better than Eminem.
Absolutely he is.
Frederick Palowaski
AG
Redneck yacht club
Charpie
AG
Has anyone listened to Walk Of the Earth? Fantastic cover band.
HossAg
AG
Flo rida is garbage dude. Eminem is ten times better than that guy.
Ronnie Gardocki
I don't know anything about floor rider, but eminem is terrible. He came around at the exact same time the music executives took over what the lyrical content of what rap music would be due to media pressure over the east coast/west coast battle. . I used to laugh when kids would say his lyrics were controversial, he's talking about boy bands, Brittany Spears and his ex wife. The rap music as a whole has never been the same since the music executives took over, young folks don't even know what it's supposed to be about.
we can pickle that
Catching up on old podcast episodes
HossAg
AG
quote:
I don't know anything about floor rider, but eminem is terrible. He came around at the exact same time the music executives took over what the lyrical content of what rap music would be due to media pressure over the east coast/west coast battle. . I used to laugh when kids would say his lyrics were controversial, he's talking about boy bands, Brittany Spears and his ex wife. The rap music as a whole has never been the same since the music executives took over, young folks don't even know what it's supposed to be about.

I know the lyrics are garbage, but flo rida is just as "bad" as Eminem is. I'm just referring to the talent and writing skills of Eminem as opposed to flo rida. I personally enjoy country music over any of that stuff.
we can pickle that
Ronnie, do you like Childish Gambino?
Uncle Howdy
S
quote:
Which podcasts do you listen to?
mrnegative
quote:

Lol old
HossAg
AG
Mrnegative, no one can deny that the lyrics of some of the modern rap songs are absolute garbage. Just listen to hot *****. The whole theme of that song is terrible. I'd rather listen to some good ol country music.
we can pickle that
quote:
quote:

Really only three right now- Scriptnotes, Gamers with Jobs, and Run Run Live. Covers my big hobbies pretty well. Would love more recommendations though, I've been burning through episodes lately on the bus rides
Charpie
AG
quote:
quote:
There is a new one out there called Serial. It involved a murder case. Its freaking fascinating.

Serial on Wikipedia
mrnegative
quote:
Mrnegative, no one can deny that the lyrics of some of the modern rap songs are absolute garbage. Just listen to hot *****. The whole theme of that song is terrible. I'd rather listen to some good ol country music.

I'm arguing that the artists are talented, not that the lyrics are good

And I also like country as well, I just don't listen to it as often
Ronnie Gardocki
quote:
Ronnie, do you like Childish Gambino?

I had to Google the name. I only know him as a kid actor on a show my wife used to watch. I've never heard his music so I honestly can't say if he's good or not.
Uncle Howdy
S
I enjoy Hollywood Babble On, Stuff You Should Know, How Did This Get Made, The Steve Austin Show: Unleashed, and The X Files Files
we can pickle that
I think you'd be surprised at some of the young talent Ronnie, you just have to look outside the mainstream. You have a tendency to pre judge based on age but you may be keeping yourself from experiencing fresh content.
Uncle Howdy
S
quote:
quote:
quote:
There is a new one out there called Serial. It involved a murder case. Its freaking fascinating.

Serial on Wikipedia

I'll have to look into that
Ronnie Gardocki
quote:
I think you'd be surprised at some of the young talent Ronnie, you just have to look outside the mainstream. You have a tendency to pre judge based on age but you may be keeping yourself from experiencing fresh content.

I gave up on "modern" music around 96. I actually held on for much longer than other people my age, especially when it came to rock and rap. Most of what I hear now is what they play at sporting events that I attend. It's not made for me and that's ok. The music made for me, wasn't made for my dad, such is life. I'm just disappointed in what rock and rap turned into.
Gigem Trevas
Ronnie, you going to have Keystone on Thanksgiving?
FancyKetchup14
AG
DMB this morning...may switch to Stevie Ray Vaughn later today though to get out of the mid afternoon lull.
Charpie
AG
quote:
quote:

I gave up on "modern" music around 96. I actually held on for much longer than other people my age, especially when it came to rock and rap. Most of what I hear now is what they play at sporting events that I attend. It's not made for me and that's ok. The music made for me, wasn't made for my dad, such is life. I'm just disappointed in what rock and rap turned into.
You would be surprised how much "new" music is out there, just not readily available. You should look into Spotify. It has really opened my eyes to newer music that simply isn't played on the radio.
mrnegative
Spotify
Ronnie Gardocki
quote:

No, that's unfortunately not going to happen, long story. Might be able to Saturday but I've got church the next morning, so I can't get carried away. I plan on getting extremely intoxicated next Friday though, I already told my wife to not make any plans that involve me that night.
Gigem Trevas
quote:
quote:

No, that's unfortunately not going to happen, long story. Might be able to Saturday but I've got church the next morning, so I can't get carried away. I plan on getting extremely intoxicated next Friday though, I already told my wife to not make any plans that involve me that night.
Damn Ronnie. Hope everything is ok.
#Friendship
Frederick Palowaski
AG
When people plan ahead to get drunk it is sign of alcoholism. Statistics show that the average person that wants to get drunk beforehand will lead the rest of their lives in a downward spiral and will always end up hurting someone or in rehab. #seek treatment
Charpie
AG
quote:
When people plan ahead to get drunk it is sign of alcoholism. Statistics show that the average, person that wants to get drunk beforehand, will lead the rest of their lives in a downward spiral and will always end, up hurting someone or in rehab. #seek treatment
FIFY. You left off some commas there. /billings
Ronnie Gardocki
Lol

Gigem Trevas
quote:
Lol

https://33.media.tumblr.com/be26262bfb5699d88c4e5c25efe060fa/tumblr_mpz7qh42cK1sp9fcho1_500.gif
I liked this one better Ronie.
jetch17
AG
What it's like, havin a ronie

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.