*****Official Dallas Stars 2024-2025 Season Thread*****

25,572 Views | 423 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by GrapevineAg
FWAppraiser
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Robo to miss most of training camp. Recovering from foot surgery.
Legal Custodian
AG
FWAppraiser said:

Robo to miss most of training camp. Recovering from foot surgery.
And before people freak out, it was removal of a cyst. Nothing structurally wrong
Out in Left Field
AG
Jordie back in Dallas! Jamie beast mode season incoming

Buck Compton
AG
Hopefully that means he will be scouting defenders who are nothing like him…. Some of the busts he used to give up made me shake my head.
micahb2002
AG
What app do we need to watch the games?
dvldog
AG
https://victoryplus.com/
Legal Custodian
AG
So with the preseason puck dropping tomorrow night, let's take a look at the regular season and get some predictions:

2023/2024 Central Division Standings:
z1. Dallas Stars - 113pts
x2. Winnipeg Jets - 110
x3. Avs - 107
x4. Preds - 99
e5. Blues - 92
e6. Wild - 87
e7. Blackhawks - 52

Stars - I would say we didn't necessarily get a lot better in the offseason but didn't drop off either. Will be interesting to see if we can replace Pavelski's and Faksa's production. As much as I hate Dumba, I think our D-Core did get a lot better with Miro, Harley, Dumba, Lindell, Bischell, and either Petro or Nils. I really hope Bischell starts the year with the team. So Offense stays the same (maybe a slight dropoff) and defense gets better. Goalie situation is the same but hopefully this is the year that Otter takes a jump.

Jets - Don't trust them, wins too many close games and I don't trust their talent to keep them in games this year. Benefited from a ridiculously hot start last season. They will drop off to maybe the last wildcard spot

Avs - Still scares me and will be the class of the West this year along with us and the Oilers/Canucks

Preds - A ridiculously hot stretch from mid-Feb to mid-March where they went 15-0-3 over an 18 game stretch that got them to get a WC spot. After mid-March they went under .500 the rest of the way and were eliminated in the 1st round. Big big dropoff this year imo and will be battling the Wild and Blackhawks for worst in the division

Blues - I have no idea here. They could be one of those teams to get a WC spot and have a decent year but no one there scares me.

Wild - Same as the Blues.

Blackhawks - Will make a huge jump from the 52pts they got last year. But probably just up to the 75-85pt range. Not enough to make the playoffs but will be a lot better than last year.

Here are my 2024/25 Predictions:

1. Avs (110ish points)
2. Stars (105)
3. Blues (96)
4. Jets (95)
5. Wild (90)
6. Blackhawks (81)
7. Predators (77)
Legal Custodian
AG
What's the word on Emil Hemming?

RW we drafted with the 29th pick this year. Finnish guy who I assume will start over there this season and next? Then AHL route once he's 20 and maybe expect him up in 2028/29 when he's 22?

I honestly know nothing about him and what the scouts are saying expected contribution date for him to be
Roll the Bones
AG
Now that the Stars have this app, are they going to broadcast the preseason games?
shack009
AG
Roll the Bones said:

Now that the Stars have this app, are they going to broadcast the preseason games?

I believe Razor said all home games in one of the radio interviews.
Roll the Bones
AG
shack009 said:

Roll the Bones said:

I believe Razor said all home games in one of the radio interviews.

Just saw this! Looks like they will all be broadcast!

Danny Vermin
Am I the only one watching the game? I still don't like Dumba in a Stars sweater but I'll get used to it.
Danny Vermin
I'm calling it now after one period, Bichsel will stay with the big club. Dude is freaking good and he has a mean streak we need. As for Dumba, he looks pretty good and he was already taking up for a teammate.
Roll the Bones
AG
Danny Vermin said:

I'm calling it now after one period, Bichel will stay with the big club. Dude is freaking good and he has a mean streak we need. As for Dumba, he looks pretty good and he was already taking up for a teammate.

I was thinking it was a later start. Just pulled it up.

Bischel's stick looks like it's 9 ft long. Lol
AgBQ-00
AG
Anyone else having issues with the app?
You do not have a soul. You are a soul that has a body.

We sing Hallelujah! The Lamb has overcome!
Roll the Bones
AG
It started to freeze on me but wasn't sure if it was my wi-fi acting up.
Danny Vermin
It started 10 minutes late but otherwise it's been fine on the TV and phone. Got football on tv and hockey on my phone.
AgBQ-00
AG
Started working. Was just getting a black screen. But looks good now

shack009
AG
The out of market ESPN+ broadcast is the victory+ broadcast, for anyone wondering. Didn't think it would be anything else, but I'm still glad I can see their game production.
All I do is Nguyen
Coming back again to follow this awesome thread! Thanks Custodian for starting it.
No matter what!
Epstein didn't do, you know, the thing...
I'm the rare Astros/Cowboys/Spurs fan. We do exist
Absolute
AG
Went to the game. Wife got tickets from a vender. Surprisingly full arena for the first preseason game.
CoppellAg2009
AG
Was thinking the same thing.

Was funny hearing people boo Dumba when he had the puck but it went away fairly quickly.
AgBQ-00
AG
I'm gonna have a hard time cheering for dumba

Danny Vermin
We will all get over it the first time he scores or beats someone up. We cheer for the sweater.
shack009
AG
Just listened to my first DLLS Stars pod. Good talk about the first preseason game with lots of commentary on Dumba, Bichsel, and Desmith. Really enjoyed it.
Absolute
AG
Is it just me, or is the picture quality/frame rate lacking on victory?

Went back and watch the first game, that I happened to attend, after watching the espn+ feed of the Aggie game yesterday and the quality was noticeably subpar. Since the Aggie game was fine and other streaming things are , I am pretty certain it isn't on my end.

Gonna watch some tonight and see how it looks. Hope they can improve this, hockey need a clear picture!

Also not thrilled you cannot fast forward through commercials on past events.

Whelp, nevermid on watching a game tonight as apparently it is all talking heads.
gabehcoud
I can't tell any difference
Roll the Bones
AG
Interesting format for the away game tonight. It's like the Manning cast for MNF.

Danny Vermin
It's weird but I'm watching as well. I'm footballed out for the week.
Roll the Bones
AG
Nice seeing Nils with the primary assist on the PP goal. Hope he figures things out.
gabehcoud
Damn, they cut off the replay on that save
gabehcoud
Roll the Bones said:

Nice seeing Nils with the primary assist on the PP goal. Hope he figures things out.

Good Nils
Bad Nils

NM that was 6 not 5. Bad Bichsel
Roll the Bones
AG
Yeah, Bichsel got puck jacked behind the net pretty bad. Lol

Enjoying the open dialog format here. Getting some good info from Alberts.
Grapesoda2525
I feel dumb, but I can't find the game. Maybe I was too late?
Roll the Bones
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

I feel dumb, but I can't find the game. Maybe I was too late?

It's called the Texas hockey huddle, I think. It was at the top of the app when I pulled it up.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.