*****Official Dallas Stars 2024-2025 Season Thread*****

25,521 Views | 423 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by GrapevineAg
Absolute
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Okay. Dumb question. Is this available on a Firestick? At the website I see google and apple downloads. Would rather watch games on my tv.
TwoTimeAg
AG
Absolute said:

Okay. Dumb question. Is this available on a Firestick? At the website I see google and apple downloads. Would rather watch games on my tv.
Yes,it is available on Firestick
Absolute
AG
As its own app or through Prime or something? I searched and it did not come up.
TwoTimeAg
AG
Absolute said:

As its own app or through Prime or something? I searched and it did not come up.
As its own App Victory+
Absolute
AG
Found it. For some reason I had to go to the Amazon site and download it to the firesticks,
gabehcoud
I download it on roku and was excited to see the F1 content
Absolute
AG
Got it on the Firestick annnddd it will not load. Getting an error message on the loading screen. Tried restarting the firestick. This is why I hate stupid individual apps for everything.
Legal Custodian
AG
Absolute said:

Got it on the Firestick annnddd it will not load. Getting an error message on the loading screen. Tried restarting the firestick. This is why I hate stupid individual apps for everything.
Honestly, that's my billion dollar idea. Create one app that will allow you to multiscreen multiple apps at once. So if I want to flip between Victory+ and say the Mavericks game on TX21, there won't be a ton of maneuvering, ridiculous load times, etc.

Just have it be a guide that pulls from the various apps you have and keeps you operating within a single app instead of flipping between all of them.
AgBQ-00
AG
Legal Custodian said:

Absolute said:

Honestly, that's my billion dollar idea. Create one app that will allow you to multiscreen multiple apps at once. So if I want to flip between Victory+ and say the Mavericks game on TX21, there won't be a ton of maneuvering, ridiculous load times, etc.

Just have it be a guide that pulls from the various apps you have and keeps you operating within a single app instead of flipping between all of them.
So basically recreating cable with apps.
You do not have a soul. You are a soul that has a body.

We sing Hallelujah! The Lamb has overcome!
Danny Vermin
So I'm good to go as far as phone and roku with the new app. I've been watching the defining moments for the last hour or so. You can't pause but otherwise it's pretty great. For you newer fans, watch all the early defining moments as they are great.
Legal Custodian
AG
AgBQ-00 said:

Legal Custodian said:

Absolute said:

So basically recreating cable with apps.
Yup, they'll never see it coming
FWAppraiser
AG
The Ticket is joining Victory+ for streaming purposes.
gabehcoud
Press the ok button to pause on roku
dvldog
AG
FWAppraiser said:

The Ticket is joining Victory+ for streaming purposes.

Does that mean they're off the SportsDay app? If so, hopefully V+ has the same pause/rewind capabilities.
AgBQ-00
AG
Watched the defining moments. Was great going through all of those
You do not have a soul. You are a soul that has a body.

We sing Hallelujah! The Lamb has overcome!
nipper
AG
For Apple TV users, they are apparently working on a native app for Apple TV. A previous announcement mentioned Air Play, but they seem to have backtracked on that. (via reddit: r/DallasStars)
Grapesoda2525
Can watch stuff on my iPad, but having issues with it on fire tv. Hopefully they get all of this fixed before the first regular season game.
Roll the Bones
AG
This is sweet! They have some classic games on here, the entire broadcast. Just watched Shane Churla drop the gloves and pummel a guy. Andy Moog in goal. This was back when Ralph was the color commentator before Razor joined and Ralph moved to play-by-play.

And Bob Gainey behind the bench.
Boats and Hose
AG
I'm hoping to take my son to his first Stars game for his 5th birthday on 10/19. Does anyone have 4 or 2 tickets they might be interested in selling?

Figured I'd ask here before I search Ticketmaster. TIA.
Absolute
AG
Got mine to work on the firestick this morning, nothing that I did, guess it had to update or something. Watched some of the little stories. Excited for the season to start!
FWAppraiser
AG
Sean Shapiro spoke with Brad Alberts regarding Victory+ for smart tvs

Quote:

On Samsung TV and Apple TV: Alberts said he's aware that those apps aren't available yet, but note they will be available later this month. The note from Victory+ support email about airdropping to an AppleTV is simply a stop gap until the wider app release.

Also of note:

Quote:

My pal Bob Sturm texted me to tell me that he believes Ticket broadcasts will continue to be aired on both the SportsDay app and Victory+, which business wise makes a ton of sense for the radio station.
Absolute
AG
I'm in on this idea! Maybe I am just lazy, but I hate the whole switching apps thing.
Grapesoda2525
Anyone stoked to have the ducks on our victory channel? I guess I can watch and root for them against Colorado or St. Louis occasionally.
TwoTimeAg
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

Anyone stoked to have the ducks on our victory channel? I guess I can watch and root for them against Colorado or St. Louis occasionally.
I don't think you will get access to Ducks games on Victory+ unless you live in the Anaheim market.
SbisaVictim95
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

It's not *our* Victory channel... it's a little confusing because the name of the app is Victory Plus and we're the first team to join and the tie in with the team color being Victory Green and all of that but that's only a coincidence. The idea is that this could be a streaming app that broadcasts all sorts of teams/sports. The Stars were just the first ones to pioneer it.
Legal Custodian
AG
SbisaVictim95 said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

It's not *our* Victory channel... it's a little confusing because the name of the app is Victory Plus and we're the first team to join and the tie in with the team color being Victory Green and all of that but that's only a coincidence. The idea is that this could be a streaming app that broadcasts all sorts of teams/sports. The Stars were just the first ones to pioneer it.
It wouldn't shock me if there was some partial ownership the Stars have in it.

And we won't be able to watch any Ducks games as we would be territorial blacked out.
Roll the Bones
AG
I hope they add more classic games to the app. I really enjoyed watching the 93 NYE game in old Chicago arena. Just watching the national anthem played on that big old organ was awesome, then seeing Churla drop the gloves immediately.

Neal and Paul Broten on the same line, Mark Tinordi as captain and seeing Hatcher check Roenick into the boards... It is like a time machine.

I went to one game at Reunion that first season (was still at A&M at the time) and still remember Dave Gagner fumbling the puck as he went in on a penalty shot... That was so anticlimactic. LOL
Roll the Bones
AG
5 year extension for Esa.

https://www.nhl.com/stars/news/dallas-stars-sign-defenseman-esa-lindell-to-a-five-year-26-25-million-contract-extension-091724
FWAppraiser
AG
Harley is signed. 2 year, $4M AAV

Man, would have like to see a longer deal, but I bet we see a long-term contract extension next offseason. This also gives us a little over $2M in cap space.
dvldog
AG
Roll the Bones said:

5 year extension for Esa.

https://www.nhl.com/stars/news/dallas-stars-sign-defenseman-esa-lindell-to-a-five-year-26-25-million-contract-extension-091724

I'm not sure I understand this one. He's been one of the leading candidates to dump for his salary it feels like, and he just got 5 more years at around the same cost.

I read all of his fancy stats from the link, but this deal just feels...unwise for 5 years.

Feel free to blast me if I don't know what I'm talking about.
PrestigeWorldwideAg12
The Esa deal is a little long for my liking but could potentially use as trade bait in future years.
sburg2007
I've listened to a couple DLLS stars podcasts and I dig it. Finished Razor's episode today and it's gold as is everything he touches. I don't necessarily think the team got better this off season but I'm looking forward to it!
FWAppraiser
AG
Interesting tidbit from Pierre LeBrun's article in The Athletic today:

Quote:

"Jamie and I have talked, and he said, 'Let's just get the year over with,'" Nill said. "He's all about the team. I asked him if he wanted to talk (extension) and he said, 'I just want to win this year.' That's Jamie.

"But we'll figure something out. He's going to be a Dallas Star for life."
TXAggie2011
AG
FWAppraiser said:

Interesting tidbit from Pierre LeBrun's article in The Athletic today:

Quote:

"Jamie and I have talked, and he said, 'Let's just get the year over with,'" Nill said. "He's all about the team. I asked him if he wanted to talk (extension) and he said, 'I just want to win this year.' That's Jamie.

"But we'll figure something out. He's going to be a Dallas Star for life."

Unrelated, or maybe not?...the Stars just announced they've hired Jordie Benn as a development coach and AHL scout
FTAco07
AG
I'm happy Esa got signed, but definitely surprised at the number. Maybe his PK is more valuable to the potential open market than I thought, but I expected his next deal to be 2-3 years at +/- $4MM per

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.