*****Official Dallas Stars 2024-2025 Season Thread*****

25,576 Views | 423 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by GrapevineAg
The Pilot
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
FWAppraiser said:

AllCity is popping up all over and they seem to want wall-to-wall coverage for all local teams. Glad they're giving the Stars solid coverage.

I wonder too, if there's enough demand for thisbmuch content, but then again, Stars coverage is lacking. I think as long as the Stars are good, this will have legs. Seems like what the Athletic tried to be initially, but more podcast-centric.
I live in Denver and follow a lot of the DNVR guys. I think they even have a bar here, not sure how much $$$ they are making, I haven't given them one dime.
DTXAg
AG
After not following hockey closely until a few years ago, I'm still trying to grow my understanding of the game and who's who in the league, so I'll at least give it a shot. But yeah probably a small market
FWAppraiser
AG
Anaheim's joining the Victory+ family

The Mavs just got out of their deal with Ballys. Speculation they could be the first NBA team to join.
FWAppraiser
AG
And the Stars starting ealry with the captain's skates

gabehcoud
https://sports.yahoo.com/columbus-blue-jackets-johnny-gaudreau-brother-matthew-gaudreau-killed-in-new-jersey-bicycle-accident-114632763.html

AgBQ-00
AG
gabehcoud said:

WHAT!!!???? What happened?
You do not have a soul. You are a soul that has a body.

We sing Hallelujah! The Lamb has overcome!
Cappo
AG
Apparently they were riding bikes and got hit by a car. Their sisters wedding is tomorrow.

Very very sad.
FWAppraiser
AG
Absolutely horrible news.
dvldog
AG
https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/41053342/blue-jackets-winger-johnny-gaudreau-brother-matthew-die
Quote:

According to police, a driver of a Jeep Grand Cherokee hit the Gaudreaus from behind while trying to pass an SUV on the right that had moved over to make way for the two pedalcyclists. Police, who responded to the scene in Oldmans Township, New Jersey, at 8:19 p.m., said both Gaudreaus suffered fatal injuries.

The driver is suspected of being under the influence of alcohol and has been charged with two counts of death by auto, police said. They said the investigation is ongoing.

Both brothers, who were New Jersey natives, had been in the area to be groomsmen in their sister Katie's wedding that was scheduled for Friday in Philadelphia.
AgBQ-00
AG
that is terrible. my heart goes out to their family. horrible, horrible.

1836er
AG
Super sad to hear this. Praying for their family.
Out in Left Field
AG
Unbelievable tragic. I can't even wrap my head around what their family is going through.
Ervin Burrell
AG
Was seeing rumors about this on X/Twitter late last night before going to bed...sad to wake up and see they were true.
Emotional Support Cobra
GrapevineAg
AG
My son texted me the same earlier. So sad and senseless.
TV Casualty
AG
Incredibly sad news to hear. Really enjoyed watching him play.

It's incidents like this that are why I no longer road bike and just mountain bike. Even when people aren't drunk they still drive like maniacs.

Can't imagine what his family is going through having lost him and his brother too.
Absolute
AG
OMG both of them?!?!? That is terrifying. These stories are making us rarely ride our road bikes on the road anymore, as well. Too many people are too stupid and self absorbed to care. Cannot even fathom the way the family must feel.
Roll the Bones
AG
It's getting closer!

FWAppraiser
AG
Victory+ drops on Wednesday.
Training camp starts a week later.
It's almost here!

Side note: Goligoski is calling it quits. He was a popular scapegoat here in Dallas, but he was solid for a long time.

AgBQ-00
AG
Always liked Goligoski.

GrapevineAg
AG
Personally, I wouldn't call Gols a scapegoat, but he did turn over the puck a lot. Loads of skill but brain cramps to match. Just my $.02.
gibberish
AG
GrapevineAg said:

Personally, I wouldn't call Gols a scapegoat, but he did turn over the puck a lot. Loads of skill but brain cramps to match. Just my $.02.
So Suter?
Danny Vermin

FWAppraiser
AG
IMO he was solid, but fans dogged him because the contract and ice time were more than he should've had. The Stars treated him like a top pairing d-man, and he wasn't one. He did make mistakes, but too much was expected of him.
GrapevineAg
AG
gibberish said:

GrapevineAg said:

So Suter?

I don't understand your question. Sutter's not as talented, and makes different mistakes. Neither one's an HOFer lol.
gabehcoud
Interesting topic on the DLLS pod today about Tanev and Canada's "departure tax" to sign in the US. I've listened to all the episodes so far and I like it. Still question how many Stars nerds like me are actually doing the same though.
Legal Custodian
AG
Victory+ launches tomorrow. Will be curious to see what type of content they'll have already produced in order to launch. Surely there'll be some things. Probably interviews, pre-season discussion show, and potentially a short doc type focus.
Legal Custodian
AG
gabehcoud said:

Interesting topic on the DLLS pod today about Tanev and Canada's "departure tax" to sign in the US. I've listened to all the episodes so far and I like it. Still question how many Stars nerds like me are actually doing the same though.
My wife started listening a couple of days ago and is catching up. I will probably pick and choose some episodes to listen to especially after big wins when excitement is up.

They only have 1.6k followers on twitter which is a bit concerning for them if I had to guess. I'm sure they were hoping for 5k+ by now.
shack009
AG
I haven't listened to any Stars episodes yet, but I have listened to several Mavs episodes. I'm surprised at all the personalities they were able to get for all of the four local teams. Several people who worked for the respective teams. People from official post game shows and a guy from the NYT/Athletic for the Mavs.

I wonder what their business model is to be able to draw the kind of people they have brought in. Is it that lucrative to do 4 pods a week (they are also promising post game pods for every game, so maybe 7ish a week during the season) plus some subscription for written content?
Legal Custodian
AG
shack009 said:

I haven't listened to any Stars episodes yet, but I have listened to several Mavs episodes. I'm surprised at all the personalities they were able to get for all of the four local teams. Several people who worked for the respective teams. People from official post game shows and a guy from the NYT/Athletic for the Mavs.

I wonder what their business model is to be able to draw the kind of people they have brought in. Is it that lucrative to do 4 pods a week (they are also promising post game pods for every game, so maybe 7ish a week during the season) plus some subscription for written content?
I am very curious if they'll actually partner with Victory+ at some point to air their shows on it.
Out in Left Field
AG
FWAppraiser
AG
Always liked Jordie. He's been showing up for the Stars playoff games over the years to support Jamie. My oldest has stopped him a few times, and he always obliges. Seems like a good dude.
HockeyAg07
AG
This clip of Jordie and Jamie always makes me smile. Has to be so dang cool to play nhl hockey with and against your brother.

Legal Custodian
AG
Anyone download Victory+ yet? Pretty slick looking app. They have some videos already uploaded as expected to watch. Top 10 goals by player, defining moments, some doc type stuff, and a welcome video from Razor and Brad Alberts.

I'm probably weird, but I'm excited to see how the score graphics will be whenever they start airing the first games.

I always like seeing how stations change their graphics at the beginning of every year. Bally's, imo, has been terrible so hopefully V+ will be an upgrade in that department.
TwoTimeAg
AG
Just bought my tickets for A&M night on 10/15 in order to get the Stars/A&M cap…

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.