2024 USATF Junior Olympics impression

1,437 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by AgLA06
OrygunAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Was excited to bring my son down to the junior olympics here in Aggieland and show him the school and new facilities. Facilities are great, throwing fields are amazing. Wish we could actually be within 100yds of the hammer cage but it is what it is. Im really disappointed with whoever the A&M official/reps for 17/18 hammer last night. Their behavior toward the kids was unacceptable. Further, the kids out there were all the best of the best and I would think A&M would want to woo them into coming to Aggieland. Instead, all the kids there were left with bad opinion of A&M. We need to do better Ags. My son throws today and I'm hoping he has a more positive impression than his teammates did.
aggiedrjdub
AG
You need to send this to Pat Henry.
Gig'em Aggies! c/o '98 W H O O P!
oklaunion
What was the problem, specifically?
TRM
AG
Is A&M running this or USATF?
IPA4Me
Question: As the previous poster asked? Are these A&M officials? In addition, I had heard on FB that an official was hit during the hammer throw? Anyone know anything about this?
taylorswift13_
What happened tonight!!
taylorswift13_
https://www.usatf.org/news/2024/statement-regarding-incident-at-2024-usatf-nationa
TRM
AG
JimPat33
AG
None of these issues have to do with ATM track and field staff. Meet is run by usatf. Capacity issues are from the university and upheld by hourly staff. Absolutely nothing to do with ATM track coaching staff.
Rudyjax
AG
Aggie Legacy broke the 18 year old National Record in the 100 for 15-16.

https://live.athletictiming.net/meets/38942/events/individual/1488954
AgLA06
AG
JimPat33 said:

None of these issues have to do with ATM track and field staff. Meet is run by usatf. Capacity issues are from the university and upheld by hourly staff. Absolutely nothing to do with ATM track coaching staff.
The problem is perception is otherwise. All everyone sees is the aTm.

I've been apart of allowing another entity to use a facility. We had oversight staff there and provisions in the agreement that we could override bad decisions. Because at the end of the day, we were going to be sued as well or be perceived as being part of the problem is something went wrong.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.