****Arkansas Indoor Invitational Track Meet****

3,980 Views | 104 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by tk for tu juan
triniaggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

First Indoor Meet this Friday. Accepted Entries
Arkansas-Invitational-College-Accepted-Entries.pdf (arkansasrazorbacks.com)

Live Results Link

Arkansas Invitational (flashresults.com)

No Lamara Distin this weekend.
Some of our 400m guys not competing in an individual event
taylorswift13
AG
Track is back!!! Seems like a lot of guys aren't running but we will have a loaded women's team out there aside from Lamara so excited to see what we can do and where we are at! Especially excited to see the newcomers run both transfers and freshman!!
triniaggie
AG

Start lists

ark-invite-heats-publication-order.pdf (arkansasrazorbacks.com)

4x400m relay teams

Women
Texas A&M
1) Jermaisha Arnold SO 2) Jania Martin SR
3) Kennedy Wade SO 4) Tierra Robinson-Jones SR

Texas A&M B
1) Leeah Burr FR 2) Sanu Jallow FR
3) Camryn Dickson FR 4) Bailey Goggans SO

Texas A&M C
1) Allyson Andress JR 2) G'Auna Edwards JR
3) Joniar Thomas SO 4) Kate Ginther FR

Men
Texas A&M
1) DeMarco Escobar FR 2) Omajuwa Etiwe JR
3) Chevannie Hanson JR 4) Eric Hemphill III FR

Texas A&M B
1) Ashton Schwartzman SO 2) James Smith JR
3) Cutler Zamzow SO 4) Kirk Collins, Jr. JR

Texas A&M C
1) Blake Harris FR 2) Sam Presnal JR
3) Landon Helms FR 4) Felipe Medrado SO

taylorswift13
AG
Interesting to see Ashton Schwartzman on the B team, but I'm excited to see what Demarco Escobar and Eric Hemphill will do! Sanu Jallow is in a tough 600 heat with 3 World Championship qualifiers in Shamier Little, Shafiqua Maloney, and Britton Wilson wow! Welcome to college track freshman! Distance runners will be pushed and I can't wait to see how G'auna Edwards and Joniar Thomas look jumping for us!
triniaggie
AG

According the Track release Auhmad Robinson is entered on the 4x400 relay

Quote:

Auhmad Robinson makes his Aggie debut after transferring from SFA, where he anchored the 4x400m relay team to a silver medal at the NCAA Championship in 2021. His split of 43.45 is the second fastest split in meet history, while his open 400m time of 45.61 ranks him among the best in the nation. Robinson is entered to run the 4x400m relay at 8:05 p.m.

So maybe they are changing up the relays teams from those originally entered

Aggies to Open Season at Arkansas Invitational - Texas A&M Athletics - 12thMan.com
taylorswift13
AG
Well we can't even trust this program to put a roster on its website or write us an article about our signees like all other 300 track programs across the country… but that's not how we roll… ofc there would be inaccuracies in the start lists we submit!
Bucketrunner
It seems our track program is on the skids. I hope it isn't totally wiped out before action is taken.

Jmho
taylorswift13
AG
I'm not ready to go that far, we still have amazing wonderful coaches and some of the most talented amatuer athletes in the nation! It's the administration of the program itself and the way it connects (or fails to do so) to the fans! We get a vague article before the meet thats inaccurate and can't even get the event James Smith placed in at nationals correct! We are most likely the only team in the country who can't post a roster, high school teams can put rosters up! We still haven't gotten any info honoring our signees, that's a disservice to us, but to them as well, after the meet we will get a vague article the next day that briefly discusses the meet with no commentary or passionate writing! Compare our social media team to others in the state and conference and it is severely behind as well… we as fans love track! We have filled up Gilliam, we have filled up Cushing, and we will fill up the next indoor venue! We love this sport and we love this team, why can't they give it back with something as simple as posting a roster or some more content into the team!

Anyways can't wait to watch every single race tomorrow and sit on my phone as I watch the standings through every field event! Gig'em!
triniaggie
AG
BTW - Auhmad Robinson is in Arkansas with the team

The track articles always focussed on last time out. We already know what happened last time out so we want an article written that focuses more on what is going to happen at this meet, who is competing and what we are going to expect from our athletes.

Even sometimes the interviewer do not ask Coach Henry the right questions. It seems like they ask the same questions and focus on the same people every week

Another thing we can do is honour our seniors by writing an article each week about why they chose to come here and their progress over the years here. Give them a chance to tell their story at A&M. This can also help with recruiting. Last year I saw a beautiful article on Deshae Wise but we can have one for every senior that is going to graduate from A&M.
Anchorhold
Live stream starts at 1:00 on SECN+.
https://www.espn.com/watch/player?id=26712c44-7d0e-4d23-b546-633e45bebda0
taylorswift13
AG
MEET DAY
TRACK IS BACK
taylorswift13
AG
That would be cool! Our athletes do deserve more recognition!!
aggierun
Couple of quick things before season starts…YES!!
1. Hurdle signee Kai Grves-Blank is scheduled to race in Virginia this weekend…BET IT WILL BE FAST!!!
2.As I have stated (along with others) repeatedly.that there is no excuse for the roster not to be officially posted, I wonder if it's not the fault of Coach Henry or the athletic department and not the track SID. I remember several years ago when Shawn Price was the SID and info was late. Shawn was the former statistics director at Track and Field News and really loved the sport. Can't imagine that he would intentionally hold information unless instructed to. Interestingly he is now the Track SID at Arkansas and one of the heads of the Track Writers association.
3. BOTH MCCRAY AND ROBINSON ARE LISTED ON DIRECTAHLETICS AND TFRRS WEBSITE ROSTERS.
4. Listened to interesting podcast with Coach Henry ( over an hour long, but we'll worth it to "track nuts" where de discusses the NCAA National, how they can improve it and the SEC meet is probably a better meet.
hurdledog
taylorswift13
AG
Freshman Multi's Landon Helms and Blake Harris starting the shot put and that's always a fun event for freshman multi's to get used too lol!!

Bara Sajdokova will open up at 5'7 in high jump! Fingers crossed she can stay healthy this year and give us points along with the 10 from Lamara! Not sure if she's using a short approach today but most likely!!
taylorswift13
AG
Helms and Harris finish at 38 and 36 feet! A solid start! The throws are where decathletes struggle the most at the beginning of college! Ideally they would want to be around 44+ so let's track how far they're throwing in May! First meet jitters, indoor shot, and a heavier implement is a tough uphill battle to climb! Harris is more of a sprinter/jumper and Helms is more of a vaulter, hurdler, jumper! Their progression in the throws will be interesting to follow! I can't wait! These two men along with Thatcher Frankfather are going to be great for us! Think what Arkansas has now in the multis with like 4 scoring threats, that will be us in 2/3 years!!
triniaggie
AG
Is the flash results live results working?

I am seeing the results now
taylorswift13
AG
I think now it's working!
taylorswift13
AG
First attempt clearances for Bara over 5'7 and 5'8! Her clearing anything must be a huge weight off her shoulders after coming back from her injuries! She is extremely talented she just needs to stay healthy!
taylorswift13
AG
Bara over 5'10 on second attempt
taylorswift13
AG
Bara Sajdokova is over 6'0 on her 3rd attempt!
triniaggie
AG
Bara probably punch her ticket to NCAA with her 6'0 (1.83) clearance
taylorswift13
AG
Only the 5th female to clear 6'0 this season! I wonder if it's from a short approach also!
taylorswift13
AG
Bara will miss her attempts at 6'0.75 and win the high jump
taylorswift13
AG
A break in action until Isaiah Teer runs in the 60 qualifying where the top 5 out of the 36 compete in the 60 prelims! Then at 1:30 we have Zach Davis, Connor Gregston, and Caleb Murdock in the pole vault! As well as the freshman pole vaulting duo of Jack Mann and Landon Helms!
taylorswift13
AG
Freshman Ethan Sanders places 8th with a throw of 52'0.75! Bryce Foster opened up his season early to mid February with a 58'11! Let's see how Sanders improves!
taylorswift13
AG
Track coverage should start soon on the SEC Network + or on the ESPN App
taylorswift13
AG
Meet already running behind! Wouldn't happen in College Station
taylorswift13
AG
It was a 6 foot approach for Bara! I can't believe my eyes but the track team is posting highlights on its Instagram Stories!! I'm shocked and so happy!
taylorswift13
AG
Pole Vault men are getting started as is Maci Irons in the shot put, and G'Auna Edwards, Joniar Thomas, Jacie Droddy, Allyson Andress, and Paige Lemonia in the women's long jump! On the track will be the loaded men's mile with Teddy Radtke, Francesco Romano, Spencer Werner, Jonathan Chung m, and Eric Casarez!
taylorswift13
AG
All the vaulting men will open up at 15'7, with Zach Davis at 16'2!
taylorswift13
AG
Spencer Werner with a SOLID 4:12 mile in his first collegeiate track meet!
taylorswift13
AG
Teddy Radtke 4:13, Francesco Romano 4:14, NCAA XC National Qualifier Chung gets caught in a fast heat and runs a 4:18!
taylorswift13
AG
Eric Casarez up next!
taylorswift13
AG
LETS GO ERIC CASAREZ BLASTS HIS HEAT RUNNING A 4:02.54 A 6 SECOND PR OH MY GOODNESS
taylorswift13
AG
Took down 4 Razorbacks!
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.