Mens Tennis 2023

33,542 Views | 240 Replies | Last: 4 mo ago by Ag4eva95
mullokmotx
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Weather delay for lightning.
mullokag
MUSTANGAG03
AG
Noah won in a 3rd set tiebreaker
mullokmotx
AG
Schachter scheduled to play today at 1 eastern time.
mullokag
mullokmotx
AG
Playing Stanford guy on Court 1 just started.
mullokag
mullokmotx
AG
Lost first set in a tie breaker.
mullokag
mullokmotx
AG
Lost second set 6-1. Really struggled with his serve.
mullokag
Raven
S
Arthur wins first round in Paris!
Chapa96
AG
Arthur just took the 1st set from Fritz 6-2. Announcers mentioned A&M.
Chapa96
AG
Chapa96 said:

Arthur just took the 1st set from Fritz 6-2. Announcers mentioned A&M.

In attendance.
kwammer
its too bad the French crowd was an absolute embarrassment, especially Fritz's interview after the match. Ruined what was a great match
Ag4eva95
Aggies land Florida transfer Togan Tokac. Instant impact player for the Ags next year
SlickRick
Struggled at 5&6 on an a team that didn't finish in the top 20. Nothing to get that excited about. We don't need more 5&6 players.
Ag4eva95
He's a freshmen who was a top 60 ITF player. We need depth and experience in the worst way next year. He's a solid doubles player. Beat a few quality double teams last year. We sucked at doubles. That's where his impact will be felt…..
SlickRick
Nothing wrong with depth, but it's not like he was a lock down low. There are no top players on this team. Will need the doubles point and need locks at 4,5,6. Wins at the top three positions against top 15 teams will be hard to come by.
carl spacklers hat
Deleted - wrong thread.
People think I'm an idiot or something, because all I do is cut lawns for a living.
Ag4eva95
Oh I completely agree with you! It's been a quiet off season. Next season is a worry. If we don't bring in a true #1 and #2, next year could be a **** show
Ag4eva95
Freshmen Brayden Michna gets the first of many wins today against MAC Freshmen of the year. Looking forward to seeing how the boys do this weekend. JC Roddick looks improved mentally so far
Ag4eva95
Roddick gets a ranked win over #53 player from Cal Poly. Roddick continues a strong fall season.
carl spacklers hat
I think maturity limited JC early. Maybe he's growing up.
People think I'm an idiot or something, because all I do is cut lawns for a living.
Ag4eva95
Ags lose out on top 10 recruit, Alex Frusina, to Auburn. This guy was an Aggie lean for a few years. Auburn hired a star coach and now they are pulling in top tier talent.
Ag4eva95
Ags get a huge commit from Tiago Pires, coming in the Spring of 2024
Aceswimmer09
Well he beat two top ten recruits on his way to winning the Texas state title…he's been labeled as a late bloomer and it seems he is starting to bloom.
bigfoot10s
AG
aggiedrjdub said:

I missed this post somehow. I coach at the school where he says he goes, and I get at least one teacher/coach per week asking me how good he is. The look on their face when I tell them he doesn't exist is always great
Aceswimmer09
It looks as if he decommitted and committed to Texas
bigfoot10s
AG
Hopefully you're being funny here

He doesn't exist.
Aceswimmer09
Lol
bigfoot10s
AG
Lathan is back 100% and practicing, and actually subbed in for a player at the PTT and won his first match back. He was a little rusty, but should be back to full strength now.
carl spacklers hat
Any word on Spring transfers?
Ag4eva95
Don't think there are any coming in except from
What we know. Pires is coming in the Spring. Togan is on campus. This is a fairly deep team again.

Raphael is ineligible for the fall but will be back for the Spring. Ritjesh had some eligibility issues as well. Not sure his status
carl spacklers hat
Looks like most of the team is down in the RGV playing in the M25 tournament. Qualifiers are today and tomorrow, main draw starts on Wednesday. We are hosting Grant, Brayden, Giulio and Rahul (transferring after graduating in December to UC-Irvine) while they are in town. Good friends down the road are hosting JC and the rest of the crew.

Rahul and Grant play at 9:00 this morning, Giulio has a bye in first round of qualifiers so he doesn't play until tomorrow. I think Brayden is a 10:30 start time. Qualifier matches are at HEB Tennis Center in Harlingen if you can get out and support the guys. All main draw matches will be played at Harlingen Country Club starting Wednesday.
Ag4eva95
Men's tennis gets a transfer commit, Ethan Silva, from Clemson.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.