Mens Tennis 2023

33,664 Views | 240 Replies | Last: 5 mo ago by Ag4eva95
Anchorhold
How long do you want to ignore this user?
First matchup against smu in Fort Worth regional.
Chapa96
AG
Anchorhold said:

First matchup against smu in Fort Worth regional.

TCU regional...yikes
Anchorhold
BTHOponies set for 2:00 pm Friday

Ag4eva95
The men got screwed….. from going from almost hosting as a 16 seed to drawing #2 TCU in the second round. Looks like the curse of bad brackets continues
Aceswimmer09
Yeah, I don't understand. I did not expect them to host, but they technically are seeded the second to worst 2, which puts them at close to 32 in the country. I am assuming that's how the seeding works?
Ag4eva95
I do know tennis draws the short end of the stick when it comes to rankings. So they will choose regional proximity before rankings. That has been a trend for the 15+ years I've been a fan of college tennis.

I'm sure the Buzz Williams comment from last years NCAA tournament doesn't help this year. Feeling the effects still(jk)
nereus
AG
Aceswimmer09 said:

Yeah, I don't understand. I did not expect them to host, but they technically are seeded the second to worst 2, which puts them at close to 32 in the country. I am assuming that's how the seeding works?

It doesn't work like that. They choose the 16 hosts then pick teams on seed levels that are within bus trip distance if possible. That left us at either t.u., TCU., or needing 2 other (non-big xii) 2 seeds within driving distance from those two sites that could fill those slots.
bigfoot10s
AG
nereus said:

Aceswimmer09 said:

It doesn't work like that. They choose the 16 hosts then pick teams on seed levels that are within bus trip distance if possible. That left us at either t.u., TCU., or needing 2 other (non-big xii) 2 seeds within driving distance from those two sites that could fill those slots.

The bus trip thing only works sometime as shown by Pepperdine being the 2 seed but going to Austin. Somehow they're 37 in the country but go in as a 2 seed.
Anchorhold
cbmik95 said:

The men got screwed….. from going Freon almost hosting as a 16 seed to drawing #2 TCU in the second round. Looks like the curse of bad brackets continues

it's a playoff committee and an aggie team, of course we got screwed.
nereus
AG
bigfoot10s said:

nereus said:

Aceswimmer09 said:

The bus trip thing only works sometime as shown by Pepperdine being the 2 seed but going to Austin. Somehow they're 37 in the country but go in as a 2 seed.

We were the only non-big xii 2 seed within driving distance from both Ft Worth and Austin. So we were going to one of those and the other would have a team taking a plane ride since there wasn't a second 2 seed available for a bus trip.
Divining Rod
yeah yeah…. i wonder how many other teams in the top 20 are playing a top 4 team. i guess none.
aggiedrjdub
AG
Ag4eva95
I can't find a profile on him anywhere, who is this?
aggiedrjdub
AG
cbmik95 said:

Idk says he is a 3 time state champion and he chose us over tcu, Florida and ole miss. I couldn't find anything about him either. Was hoping y'all could help haha
HersheyMonroe
cbmik95 said:

It's fake
Anchorhold

aggiedrjdub
AG
Well that sucks.
Ag4eva95
I'm glad college tennis is getting traction for spam accounts, makes it just as interesting as the football world lol
taylorswift13
AG
Ags lose doubles point but have won 4 first sets in singles with line 6 up 5-4
taylorswift13
AG
https://www.sidearmstats.com/tcu/mten/xlive.htm
taylorswift13
AG
1-1
Schachter wins 6-3 6-1
YaBoyBP
I didn't realize - did Perego get hurt at the SEC Tournament?
taylorswift13
AG
2-1 Aggies

Trey Hildebrand wins on court 5 6-3, 6-1
taylorswift13
AG
3-1 Aggies

Guido Marson wins on court 4 6-4, 6-2
taylorswift13
AG
4-1 Aggies win and advance

Pierce Rollins wins on court 4, 6-3, 6-4
bigfoot10s
AG
Gonna need a big day today. Everyone firing on all cylinders. BTHOTCU!!
taylorswift13
AG
Welp this is one's almost over, already down 3-0
Gap
AG
YaBoyBP said:

I didn't realize - did Perego get hurt at the SEC Tournament?
I guess so. He played in the quarterfinal win over South Carolina but not the next day in the semifinal loss to Georgia.

About a week ago, he was wearing a walking boot on one foot on campus. So apparently a foot or ankle injury.
Ag4eva95
Not very surprised, this team has under performed all year. Looking to next year gets kind of worrisome….. losing a lot
Raven
S
Losing to number 2 is no surprise. We put ourselves in the position of going to Ft. Worth by losing several winnable matches. The year was marred by injuries Trey and JC early, Noah coming down the stretch and now Guilio. I thought when healthy we could be a top 15 team or maybe better. Sadly we were not able to sustain that level of play.
Ag4eva95
Fair assessment. This off-season will be very telling of the future of the program. We need a true #1 for next year. Rafael came on strong this year and has show the potential to be a top 40 player. We haven't had a true #1 since Val.
Raven
S
I agree we need a one or two. Probably look at available transfers.
Chapa96
AG
OSU vs UVA in the finals....

TCU and tu goes down..
mullokmotx
AG
Schacter just started on Court 4, up 1-0.
mullokag
mullokmotx
AG
Schachter lost Set 1 6-4.
mullokag

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.