Swimmer Shane Casas to the Longhorns

2,917 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by triniaggie
triniaggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
According to a Swimswam article Shane Casas is leaving Texas A&M and is transferring to Texas
I really didn't expect this after he developed so much under the Aggie coaches

https://swimswam.com/3-time-ncaa-champion-shaine-casas-will-transfer-out-of-texas-am/
taylorswift13
AG
I sense something dirty took place here!! I wonder if his trials performance created any rough feelings and if he felt he peaked to early! Texas had a strong showing at the Olympics I grew up near Casas, so I can ask around local coaching circles back home if they have any more on this!
taylorswift13
AG
Didn't know he was arrested leading up the trials either... also don't like how he tells SwimSwam he's not ready to comment yet... why answer in the first place!! That dual meet against UT will be crazy!
Anchorhold
I didn't know anything about any arrest. I just came here to ask about the rumors. Whatever happens, I hope he does well and what's best for himself as an athlete and a person. I was proud watching him in the trials and hope he stays with the aggies, and that he will always feel welcome and appreciated in Aggieland.
Aceswimmer09
Major blow to the program, in more ways than one. Losing his point capabilities will set this team back. Very weird situation...
Anchorhold
How are we going to pay more attention to our swimming and diving team?
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
Thought inter conference transfers were verboten ?
Sodadude
AG
I was surprised by his Trials failure. No so much anymore. Nothing says laser focus on training quite like public intoxication.
Big Mr.E
AG
I'd love to see more swimming posts on TexAgs. We don't hear much about these teams.
triniaggie
AG

Very confusing.
Swimswam is reporting Casas is planning to turn pro.

Three-Time NCAA Champion Shaine Casas Reveals Plans To Turn Pro (swimswam.com)
taylorswift13
AG
So does that mean he will never be a Longhorn lol
taylorswift13
AG
A&M's student directory still has Casas enrolled here
triniaggie
AG

Yet another twist.
Shane returns to Texas A&M to train with the pro group until he is able to go to Austin.

Shaine Casas Returns to Training at Texas A&M with Pro Group, For Now (swimswam.com)
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.