Does anyone else here like Boxing?

6,591 Views | 130 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Reginald Cousins
aggiephoenix02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Did y'all see the Fox Sports Inside Fury vs. Wilder III mini documentary?

I'm getting pumped up for this fight!!!
Joe Boudain
I'm watching it tonight, can't wait.
aggiephoenix02
Joe Boudain said:

I'm watching it tonight, can't wait.
Wilder seems more motivated in his training. I think this is gonna be an awesome all time fight!
Joe Boudain
Thats what has me worried about Tyson Fury this go around. His daughter was in NICU for a decent while, and I think there is legs to the story that he faked the covid test because he wasn't ready back in June.
aggiephoenix02
I'm starting to think Wilder has the advantage this time around.

But whatever happened to his ear? Did that ever fully heal? Is it permanently damaged? Idk...
Joe Boudain
Nah, just a busted ear drum, that'll heal back without any real issues.

I think Wilder is crazed too redeem himself and fury is partially checked out.

We will see.
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
Amateur boxing ? Too many unequal bouts!
BigJim49AustinnowDallas
slatermikan
Glad to find the thread! Fan of all fight sports and look forward to joining the discussion.
Joe Boudain
Good to see Andy Ruiz is in shape, even if he continues to blow through his money at an astonishing rate.
aggiephoenix02
How many hours do you think that took? Haha...
Joe Boudain
I would guess an entire week of about 3-4 hours a day, probably cost somewhere around 30k or so as well.
aggiephoenix02
It's not even colored. If you're doing something like that, do it in color.
-This has been a message from the Entertainment Board Sneaker Thread Player Haterz Club President
aggiephoenix02
Well I don't have seats at the venue, but I rsvp'd a table to watch the Fury v Wilder. Oh man, I can hardly wait!
-This has been a message from the Entertainment Board Sneaker Thread Player Haterz Club President
Joe Boudain
aggiephoenix02 said:

Well I don't have seats at the venue, but I rsvp'd a table to watch the Fury v Wilder. Oh man, I can hardly wait!
I will be live updating on here as well. I'm going to be exhausted by the end. I fly into LAS at 8:00 in the morning, I have a room at New York New York (this is a tip, always stay at NYNY, they have cheap suites and are a 4 minute walk to t-mobile arena), I'm going to freshen up, hit the buffet and then head to the undercards which start at 1!! 9 hours later, Fury and Wilder will fight haha.
aggiephoenix02
Damn, that's a lot of undercards, but good on those boxers, that's a big deal for those fighters.

I'm envious, what a fantastic day of boxing for you...
Joe Boudain
aggiephoenix02 said:

Damn, that's a lot of undercards, but good on those boxers, that's a big deal for those fighters.

I'm envious, what a fantastic day of boxing for you...
Kownacki and Helenius is going to be a great rematch, Kownacki was supposed to drub Helenius last time and got KO'd early. Full fight online (

Ajagba vs Sanchez is going to be great as well.
BoomGoesThe
Joe Boudain said:

Big fight today gents. This is what makes DAZN the best deal in streaming sports entertainment.

Usyk vs Joshua is a mammoth fight, probably one of the top 5 biggest heavyweight fights in the last 5 years. Completely "free" with a $100/year membership to Dazn, who also hosts the Canelo fights as well as many other big names.

We had a boxing thread on here about a year ago, but it went dead. Glad to see you start this.

I agree that DAZN is the best value in boxing, but it has been kind of a slow year for them with Golden Boy not doing much, and Matchroom USA being basically absent (outside of Estrada - Chocolatito II).

Also, Canelo was on one fight deals with Eddie Hearn after he left Golden Boy, and the fight with Plant is being promoted by PBC. I don't see him fighting again on DAZN in the near future if this PPV is a success. Fights at 168 vs Benavidez or Jermall Charlo could follow on PBC cards (would much rather see Benavidez). The only way I could see Canelo fighting back on DAZN is if he fought Bivol at 168 or a catch weight; or perhaps up at 175 if Canelo wanted Bivol's strap. I doubt Canelo would fight Andrade if he vacated his title and moved up to 168. Just my 2 cents.
BoomGoesThe
Unless he lands his big right hand, I don't see any possible way Wilder wins this fight. I don't think he learned how to "box" in the last year at 35, or fight moving backwards. He's not going to outbox Fury at range and he's not going to bully him on the inside. I just don't see what y'all are seeing. Fury has won 16 or 17 of the 19 rounds they've been in the ring together. Heck, Wilder was getting drubbed on the scorecards before scoring the KO in the second Ortiz fight.

There's always the chance Wilder connects and it's lights out, but I don't think it will happen. Also, I was about to say that there is a less than zero chance of Wilder winning on the cards, but this is boxing, and there are plenty of corrupt judges.
aggiephoenix02
Wilder connected and it was lights out for Fury, and then Fury somehow got up and won the fight.

No one is saying Wilder will win, just that Fury doesn't seem to have his heart and mind in his training.

Still, despite his sickly kid and all that, I think Fury is gonna kick Wilder's ass hard. I'm just wanting to see a good fight, and Wilder taking it as serious as he is gives me reason to think it could be an epic all time bout...
aggiephoenix02
Whatcha think about Canelo vs Plant? How do you see things going down?
Joe Boudain
BoomGoesThe said:

Joe Boudain said:

Big fight today gents. This is what makes DAZN the best deal in streaming sports entertainment.

Usyk vs Joshua is a mammoth fight, probably one of the top 5 biggest heavyweight fights in the last 5 years. Completely "free" with a $100/year membership to Dazn, who also hosts the Canelo fights as well as many other big names.

We had a boxing thread on here about a year ago, but it went dead. Glad to see you start this.

I agree that DAZN is the best value in boxing, but it has been kind of a slow year for them with Golden Boy not doing much, and Matchroom USA being basically absent (outside of Estrada - Chocolatito II).

Also, Canelo was on one fight deals with Eddie Hearn after he left Golden Boy, and the fight with Plant is being promoted by PBC. I don't see him fighting again on DAZN in the near future if this PPV is a success. Fights at 168 vs Benavidez or Jermall Charlo could follow on PBC cards (would much rather see Benavidez). The only way I could see Canelo fighting back on DAZN is if he fought Bivol at 168 or a catch weight; or perhaps up at 175 if Canelo wanted Bivol's strap. I doubt Canelo would fight Andrade if he vacated his title and moved up to 168. Just my 2 cents.

Man, great to have you on the thread, you know your stuff. I would just about give my left nut for a Charlo-Canelo fight, but I don't think that's going to happen anytime soon. I was holding out hope for a Charlo-Andrade fight but it doesn't seem like that is going to happen either which is a damn shame.

I've been a little upset with the announcements of Andrade vs Quigley and Tank Davis vs Romero; but one match up I think they got spectacularly is Otto Wallin vs Dillian Whyte coming up fairly soon.
Joe Boudain
Did you catch the Baby Hatton fight on the Joshua-Usyk undercard? I'm a huge fan of Marcus McDonnel but lost a lot of respect for him that day.
BoomGoesThe
I like Caleb Plant and think he's a good fighter, but he hasn't faced a top guy since he won his belt against Uzcatague (I'm sure I spelled that wrong), and nobody close to Canelo's level. Plant is a slick fighter and I think he'll show good movement and his quick hands will land some punches early on; but ultimately Canelo will walk him down with his high guard, while ripping shots to Plant's body. That will lower Plant's guard and Canelo will attack to the head. Similar to what he's done in most of his fights since GGG. That's how I would guess it will go, but will probably be wrong.

How about you?
aggiephoenix02
Thanks for replying.

Caleb Plant has a unique style. He's slippery and has great defense and movement. He also has decent power, but more importantly he throws punches from unorthodox angles which catches fighters off guard, and then he pounces with his quickness.

Caleb hasn't been challenged in a while, so it's difficult to truly gauge his ability to compete at the absolute highest level.

I've been following him for years, well before he was a champion. I'm rolling with my boy Caleb Plant. I know CP is the underdog, but I'm not sure Canelo has seen anything like him before...
BoomGoesThe
You're right about Charlo-Andrade, that should have happened at least two years ago. I didn't know about the Tank-Romero fight until you posted it. I really wish Mayweather Promotions would quit the selective matchmaking with him put him in with any of the top young lightweights. He's not a young prospect anymore, he's 26, right? (I just checked and he's 27 in November). And if they're too stuck on only fighting PBC guys, put him in there with Chris Colbert.

I did see the Hatton fight. What a travesty. I'm not familiar at all with specific British refs and had no idea they also scored fights at that high a level, like it's a club level fight. They're not doing Hatton any favors by putting him on these big stages so early in his career in my opinion.
Joe Boudain
Gents I have some bad news. I have a sick kiddo, and am not going to be able to attend the fight. I will instead watch it on ppv. I have sold my floor seat on stubhub. But I actually have another ticket that I bought in section 6 (jack Daniel's club) that I bought for $2400 as well.

I do not think I can sell it at this late juncture. I will give it to one of you guys if you would like to go for free. The only thing I ask is that you would not sell the ticket and you would only take it if you would go.

You'd obviously need to get a flight and a hotel, but if you can go on a day's notice, the fight is on me.
aggiephoenix02
I'm so bummed out for you, bro!
Joe Boudain
aggiephoenix02 said:

I'm so bummed out for you, bro!

You don't know the half of it. I have a 10 year old and a 3 month old, so would be risking my 12 year marriage to take off to Vegas. Oh well. I will be there next month for Canelo and Plant.

My wife is a great wife and let's me go to all the fights I want to, so I can't begrudge her this one.
BoomGoesThe
That stinks, sorry to hear that. Hope your kiddo gets to feeling better soon.

I watched the fight presser this evening, and Fury sounded like he was under the weather and was looking even softer around the middle than his last time out. Y'all may very well be right (and me wrong) about his upcoming performance.
Joe Boudain
I don't think he has the fire anymore. I am actually curious as to whether the fight actually happens or not. I'm not convinced the postponement 3 months ago wasn't faked as he wasn't ready.

It's so easy to fake a covid outbreak and postpone everything. Eddie Hearn has been adamant that Fury is going to delay again
aggiephoenix02
That's weak sauce if true...
Joe Boudain
Man he looks terrible. Like a cancer patient or something
aggiephoenix02
Joe Boudain said:

Man he looks terrible. Like a cancer patient or something

I really dig that suit though...
Joe Boudain
Fury apparently going to be at his heaviest. Not a good sign.
Joe Boudain
277, only 4 pounds heavier than last fight. We will see if it is good weight

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.