Does anyone else here like Boxing?

6,364 Views | 130 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Reginald Cousins
Joe Boudain
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'm a huge fan of boxing and also box 3x a week at Katy Boxing Club in Houston if anyone ever wants to come out.

I'd love to discuss boxing on here and get a thread going.

Super psyched to have tickets to the Fury-Wilder III match in a few months in Vegas. Hopefully no one gets covid this time and the match can still go on.

Super bummed about Errol Spence not fighting Pacquiao this weekend, Ugas won't be near as good of a fight.

Current favorite fighters are Tyson Fury, Gervonta Davis, Canelo Alvarez, Usyk, Inoue and Haney

Least favorite is Whyte and Broner, hate Broner
birdman
I really enjoy boxing. I'm older and mma fights never appealed to me.

Never seen a big fight in person before. That would be fun.

Boxing is tremendous workout but not the sport for me.
Joe Boudain
birdman said:

I really enjoy boxing. I'm older and mma fights never appealed to me.

Never seen a big fight in person before. That would be fun.

Boxing is tremendous workout but not the sport for me.

Have you heard of Dazn? Great app, $100 for the whole year and huge fights often. Also gives you access to their archives with hundreds of fights.
Joe Boudain
Anyone watching Pacquiao vs Ugas tonight?
taylorswift13
AG
You seem to have lots of boxing insight, how do you think this fight goes, I'm interested?!
Joe Boudain
taylorswift13 said:

You seem to have lots of boxing insight, how do you think this fight goes, I'm interested?!

I think Pacquiao wins, but I have $500 on Ugas KO/TKO +500
taylorswift13
AG
If it does end early it's Ugas! Would love to see it go the distance!
Joe Boudain
taylorswift13 said:

If it does end early it's Ugas! Would love to see it go the distance!

There's going to be a point where Manny drops off due to age. Heavyweights can go to late 40's in some cases, but not welterweight (there's a reason why Money Mayweather is fighting UFC and YouTube fighters). This may not be Manny's inflection point, but it is coming.

For reference I had 25k on Spence -210.
StinkyPinky
AG
Joe Boudain said:

taylorswift13 said:

I think Pacquiao wins, but I have $500 on Ugas KO/TKO +500

Nice payout
monarch
S
Remember the Friday Night Fights and watching them when I was a kid with my dad. Always thought boxing was bizarre though. Also remember Cassius Clay (Muhammad Ali) in response to a reporters question saying, "I beat people up for a living; what do you do?" I can also remember my dad talking about the three AAU boxing titles he won growing up in his high school years in Hawaii. I also remember the tremendously strong Olympic boxing teams we had back in the 60's, 70's and 80's and for whatever reason we aren't at that level anymore.

Bottom line, I watch boxing from a distance now; don't like what it's evolved into.
Peace for Ukraine!
Joe Boudain
Wow, that's a really cool memory. I was born in the mid 80s so got to experience some of the great fighting of the mid to late 90's before the great drought happened.

I actually think boxing is on the way up, which unfortunately makes it a bunch more commercial with the need to be larger than life to create a buzz.

If you like old school boxing there's a great one about to come on. Warrington vs Lara 2 on DAZN. Warrington was a big time up and comer who was absolutely waylaid by no-name Lara early last year.
aggiephoenix02
Caleb Plant.

What do y'all think of him? He's my favorite fighter currently. I watched him come up, all the way to world champion.
Joe Boudain
aggiephoenix02 said:

Caleb Plant.

What do y'all think of him? He's my favorite fighter currently. I watched him come up, all the way to world champion.

Great fighter, really excited to watch his fight vs Canelo, I think he's got a chance.
aggiephoenix02
Joe Boudain said:

aggiephoenix02 said:

Caleb Plant.

Great fighter, really excited to watch his fight vs Canelo, I think he's got a chance.
I can't wait for that fight! Caleb has the defense and slipperiness, and he's also got the punch power and angles to cause major damage.

And if he unifies the belts, Wooah!
Joe Boudain
Really like the push to unification, has led to a bunch of amazing fights recently.
aggiephoenix02
I've never been lucky enough to be a fan of an upstart boxer that's made it all the way, so Caleb Plant is special in that regard.

If anyone on here hasn't seen him box, do yourself a favor and watch some of his highlights...
Joe Boudain
Bunch of his full fights on YouTube
Joe Boudain
What Triller is doing to boxing is a gosh damn disgrace.

Whoever okay'd Holyfield to fight again needs to have their credentials revoked.
Willie_Mac
AG
Caleb got owned in the presser .

Canelo will win by TKO by the 7th.

aggiephoenix02
fantasma said:

Caleb got owned in the presser .

Canelo will win by TKO by the 7th.

Maybe. Maybe not. Canelo has power, but Plant's defending is slippery, I wouldn't discount that.

CP is definitely the underdog, but he ain't gonna listen to you if you tell him that. I'll take my boy Plant, his style is unorthodox; Canelo hasn't faced a fighter like him before...
Joe Boudain
I actually like Plant on this one, but you guys should be talking about the big fight this weekend; Usyk vs Joshua. Don't really think there's much of a chance of Usyk knocking Joshua out, but he could outpoint him and take the decision. Will be a great fight either way.
aggiephoenix02
Joe Boudain said:

I actually like Plant on this one.
My man! That's what I'm talkin'bout...
Joe Boudain
Big fight today gents. This is what makes DAZN the best deal in streaming sports entertainment.

Usyk vs Joshua is a mammoth fight, probably one of the top 5 biggest heavyweight fights in the last 5 years. Completely "free" with a $100/year membership to Dazn, who also hosts the Canelo fights as well as many other big names.

The fight is in London so undercard starts at noon with main event expected around 4
Joe Boudain
Maybe the most corrupt decision ever in the Hatton fight
aggiephoenix02
Joe Boudain said:

Big fight today gents. This is what makes DAZN the best deal in streaming sports entertainment.

Usyk vs Joshua is a mammoth fight, probably one of the top 5 biggest heavyweight fights in the last 5 years. Completely "free" with a $100/year membership to Dazn, who also hosts the Canelo fights as well as many other big names.

The fight is in London so undercard starts at noon with main event expected around 4
I was wondering how you watched it, I could only find it on some European skynet channel or sumthin'...
Joe Boudain
Stream it on the DAZN app. What a great fight. Usyk better get the decision
aggiephoenix02
Joe Boudain said:

Stream it on the DAZN app. What a great fight. Usyk better get the decision
And he does...
Joe Boudain

aggiephoenix02
Now that's what a champion should look like. He'll have that picture next to him at his funeral. He's a Made man now...
Joe Boudain
Got approval from the wife to go to both the Fury Wilder fight and the Canelo Plant fight in Vegas.

Got floor seats for the Fury fight, and hoping to do the same for the Canelo fight but prices are in the 5 figure range right now
aggiephoenix02
Nice!
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Just found this thread. Love boxing, but don't get to follow it very closely these days. Kids and going to bed before the fights start make it tough to follow these days. I will keep an eye on this thread and hopefully yall can keep me in the know.
All the quibbling over details delaying the fights we want, and the constant trotting out of over the hill fighters has soured me recently. Still love it, but not going to pay for that crap.
Joe Boudain
Milwaukees Best Light said:

Just found this thread. Love boxing, but don't get to follow it very closely these days. Kids and going to bed before the fights start make it tough to follow these days. I will keep an eye on this thread and hopefully yall can keep me in the know.
All the quibbling over details delaying the fights we want, and the constant trotting out of over the hill fighters has soured me recently. Still love it, but not going to pay for that crap.

Great to have you on the thread. Next week is going to be one of the fights of the year. Wilder v Fury III.

Normally I would be all over Fury to win again, but with the complicated birth of his daughter and the delays for the fight that have already occurred, I worried his head isn't in it, and Wilder seems pretty fired up.
aggiephoenix02
Joe Boudain said:

Milwaukees Best Light said:

Great to have you on the thread. Next week is going to be one of the fights of the year. Wilder v Fury III.

Normally I would be all over Fury to win again, but with the complicated birth of his daughter and the delays for the fight that have already occurred, I worried his head isn't in it, and Wilder seems pretty fired up.
Fury has proven to be the better pure boxer, not just a giant with power. I'm taking Fury to win by TKO...
Joe Boudain
Fury by far the better boxer. Wilder is a puncher with terrible mechanics, but if you run into his right, watch out.
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.