****Track and Field 2021-2022****

55,435 Views | 558 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by aggiedrjdub
triniaggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The cross country roster and schedule are up on 12thman

2021 Cross Country Roster - Texas A&M Athletics - 12thMan.com

2021 Cross Country Schedule - Texas A&M Athletics - 12thMan.com
taylorswift13
AG
Guess we didn't add any distance transfers but thankfully our incoming girls class looks solid! I think Gemma Goddard and Maddie Livingston will be competing at conference for us! Our guys look to have a solid 3 in Eric Casarez, Gavin Hoffpauir, and Teddy Radtke, let's hope others emerge as well!!
taylorswift13
AG
Also I always forget the new guys always have to shave their head, yet it scares me every single time lol
triniaggie
AG
I agree we haven't added any quality distance transfer even though there are lot of potential transfer athletes.
Getting a couple of good distance runners would certainly help us with indoors and outdoors. I don't think we would be in the top half of the SEC this cross county season.
Our top 3 scorers look solid but the challenge has always been to get the other two or three runners to be consistent. Cross country team is certainly not competitive as our indoor and outdoor track teams
Z3phyr
Woah woah "have to" sounds shady, they tend to choose to
taylorswift13
AG
Definitely a crazy "voluntary" tradition, when did that all start lol! Did you happily oblige?
taylorswift13
AG
taylorswift13
AG
Devin Dixon will run professionally under Brooks Beast Track Club! Gig'em Devin!

https://instagr.am/p/CTDTxynJuwJ
triniaggie
AG
Also on the team this year is javelin thrower Lianna Davidson from Australia.
PB - 179ft (54.6m)
taylorswift13
AG
Awesome pickup!!! Her and Fairchild are an awesome javelin tandem!!
taylorswift13
AG
XC Season Begins Tomorrow Night

Preview Article: https://12thman.com/news/2021/8/31/cross-country-hosts-aggie-opener-to-start-season.aspx

Results Link: https://www.flashresults.com/2022_Meets/xc/AggieOpener/index.htm

Men will do a 6k and Women will do a 4.1k! Let's see what our distance crew will do! Really excited to see a healthy Eric Casarez and the improvements of Gavin Hoffpauir, Wes McPhail, and Teddy Radtke! Also excited to see how our freshman women Maddie Livingston, Gemma Godard, and Emma Ellis do!
SachseAg
AG
Will be there cheering on our Aggies!
taylorswift13
AG
That's awesome! I have class so I can't make it, but I hope you enjoy the evening! Should be a great competition against Baylor and TCU!
taylorswift13
AG
And of course it's in a weather delay... why must it always rain during track/xc season
taylorswift13
AG
Race back on at 7:35 starting with the women's 4.1k, the men's race will take place right after and be shortened to a 5k!
taylorswift13
AG
Women's 1.7k split

8. Maddie Livingston
9. Gemma Goodard
10. Abbey Santoro
11. Emma Ellis
13.Julia Black

Livingston, Goodard, Ellis all Freshman
taylorswift13
AG
Women's 4.1k Final

1. Gemma Goddard 14:26
3. Abbey Santoro 14:29
5. Maddie Livingston 14:31
6. Julia Black 14:33
9. Grace Plain 14:48

What an amazing showing by our true freshman Gemma Goddard and Maddie Livingston! Wow! Welcome to Texas A&M!
taylorswift13
AG
Eric Casarez with a comfortable lead through 2k going through at 5:53, Jonathan Chung, Brady Grant, Joseph Benn, and Gavin Hoffpauir behind in 7th-10th
taylorswift13
AG
Men's 5k XC Race

1. Eric Casarez 15:14
4. Joseph Benn 15:44
7. Victor Zuniga 15:54
8. Gavin Hoffpauir 15:56
9. Jonathan Chung 16:01

A slow race, but I'm sure the conditions played a huge role in that! Strong showing from our men and great races by our Redshirt Freshman Benn, Zuniga, and Chung!
taylorswift13
AG
Safe to say our 2nd leg and sprinter is still doing his thing!

SachseAg
AG
https://12thman.com/news/2021/9/7/cross-country-goddard-earns-sec-freshman-runner-of-the-week.aspx

Gemma Goddard earns SEC Freshman of the Week honors for her performance at last week's Aggie Opener. Congrats Gemma!
Sports-Ag
AG

Fred got third in the 200.
taylorswift13
AG
Fred Kerley bet on himself and made himself a ton of money this track season!!
Pahdz
It's still baffling that he's not dominating the 200. The way he's been walking down guys in the back half (third really) of the 100 he SHOULD be better at 200
aggierun
This is always a slow time of year for track (thank goodness for cross country!) That said, 2 quick questions: (1) Has the track team had any official meetings yet? (2) At this point is the team hoping for a "normal" indoor season that will hopefully kick off in early December with the Reveille Invitational…THANKS!
triniaggie
AG

I think the schedule is for a full normal indoor season.
The Reveille Invitational is carded for the 4th December followed by the High school classic very early in January 2022.
We are supposed to have three home meets and 2 away meets before hosting the SEC indoor championship Feb 25-26 2022

So we are expecting a great season of track and field. I think the team could do very well both on the men and women side.
I think we might have a 44 second 400m guy on the team this season.
taylorswift13
AG
taylorswift13
AG
Must be nice to have 10.2 and 20.3 speed

taylorswift13
AG
https://12thman.com/news/2021/9/23/cross-country-prepared-to-host-texas-am-invitational.aspx
taylorswift13
AG
An interesting note is that Annie Fuller is running unattached in the race tomorrow! I assumed she already used up her track eligibility but maybe she has one more season left! Could be great if she can get back to her old form!
Z3phyr
She's got outdoor but no indoor I believe
taylorswift13
AG
I assumed so! Her eligibility clocks are all over the place lol, would've liked her on a DMR but with a whole season of training I think she can get back under 4:18 in the 1500!! We'll see how she does tomorrow! Thanks for the info!
taylorswift13
AG
Aggies Zach Davis, Brady Grant, and Gavin Hoffpauir all received their Aggie rings today!! Also peep Henry wearing a fake mustache lol

taylorswift13
AG
taylorswift13
AG
Men's Cross Country Results

1. Eric Casarez 23:04
8. Gavin Hoffpauir 24:03
9. Brady Grant 24:04
10. Joseph Benn 24:09
16. Tim McElany 24:25

A great race from the our men's! A huge 8k PR for Casarez who looks really really good out there! Glad to see Hoffpauir in second and looking sharp! Lost the team title by 1 point to North Texas which stings, but will be a good motivator to our guys!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.