**** Aggies at US Track and Field Trials****

59,625 Views | 755 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Anchorhold
wangus12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I feel sick to my stomach and its not the terrible service at this restaurant in Asheville . Brazier has been so much fun to watch the last few years and for that to be the race we're it all goes wrong is gut renching
aggiedrjdub
AG
Now I'm worried for TingTing Mu

Do we think that's it for Brazier or just a blip in the road? Where does one go from here when that is your one and only job?
taylorswift13
AG
Don't worry! Brazier hasn't run anywhere near his best all season... we know for a certain Mu is in peak form! I have faith in her! I think Brazier will try to bounce back for 2024! He's also scheduled for the 1500 this weekend but I doubt he runs it but you never know
Aggie02
AG
I agree. She would have won the 400. 800 is tough since you don't stay in your lane. More experience and strategy is important. More things can go wrong.
taylorswift13
AG
If her legs were fresh to go 3 rounds after a long indoor/outdoor season! She's ran almost triple the amount of races as the top 800 girls and more than double the races of the 400 girls! Like the USC girls who couldn't make it out of the first round, or Brandon Miller, or Noah Williams, or Cambrea Sturgis and Tee Tee Terry! Having fresh and healthy legs is important physically or mentally! It's a lot to ask a 19 year old girl to double at such a crazy competitive meet. That double is nearly impossible to do well in at the Olympics! She will have another chance to attempt it when she's 22 and 26! Best to get the first Olympics out of the way now! I think it was a good move to rest your legs an entire extra week and go all out in a race you love and that you're comfortable in! I hope it goes well though!
MadDog73
AG
taylorswift13 said:

Him and Ally Watt in tears
I don't get the Ally Watt reference.
Sodadude
AG
The Olympic Trials hate Donovan Brazier.
taylorswift13
AG
Oh they've been in a relationship for a long long while and the NBC cameras showed her hugging him as they were in tears
taylorswift13
AG
Sodadude said:

The Olympic Trials hate Donovan Brazier.
it's insane! You have to feel for the guy after 2016 now this! It must hurt! He's a world champion and record holder, but just can't get this one Olympic berth
taylorswift13
AG

tk for tu juan
Was watching the CWS instead of the trials thinking the 800m was automatic, then was WTF while looking at the results. Watched the replay to see if a trip was involved, but no just his legs saying nope in the final 200m.
tk for tu juan
Did see that the running robot, Karissa Schweizer, made the team
Sports-Ag
AG
Just checked the results for the 800 thinking Donovan was a shoe in and I had to pick up my jaw off the floor. Was not expecting that at all.

Finishing last with a time of 1:47. I'm thinking there has to be something going on with him. I feel for him thinking that was his time.

I'm glad Bryce made it. Good to see a Texan in. Jewett is peaking at the right moment. Let's see if he can sustain that for the next month.
Look Out Below
AG
Brazier was wincing a lot. Something was definitely off. I feel like he hasn't run much this year. This screams of some sort of injury issue.
Sports-Ag
AG
Donovan post interview. He explains the race. I feel for him but also give him props doing this interview right after the race.

StinkyPinky
AG
Wow, that was shocking. He looked in prime form in the indoor 800 back in February, was a fast pace race. Got to think injury played more into it then he is letting on. Just didn't seem relaxed. Heart braking.
AG75FYL
Injury or not, this is the time to step it up. He's the best in the world. He shouldn't have looked like he did.
bthotugigem05
AG
Injuries are well-known for keeping people from stepping it up.
AG75FYL
It better be a broken leg.
taylorswift13
AG
From Craig Engels on Donovan Brazier... and from the rumors ive seen it seems like Brazier was dealing with a stress fracture on his foot and it kept him out of two other meets this season and hampered his training significantly! We shouldn't bash the guy for having one bad race... he's an Aggie who puts it all on the line every time he races! We should send him so love in what's most likely a difficult time for him!

aggiedrjdub
AG
So true! Just praying he can return pain free to do what he loves to do.
taylorswift13
AG
I'm praying for a Brazier-Miller-Dixon sweep at the next trials
taylorswift13
AG
Here's Athing Mu's heat for tomorrow! It seems as though she'll front run the entire race and win comfortably! Since more women hit the trials standard 43 will be racing in first round! So only two per hear automatically qualify and the next 6 times. Her competition in this heat will be Hanna Green and Brenda Martinez, and don't worry about Martinez' PB that was ran 8 years ago lol. Both of these runners are distance based and don't have nowhere near the speed Mu does so I expect Mu to push the pace early and win comfortably! I could see where she can relax and run smoothly around the 59/60 mark and make a move that most girls cover as well in order to preserve her legs, but she's that ahead of the field that she can win regardless, but I Expect her to lead from the gun! Sammy Watson is also in this heat and has not looked great this season! Her 2:03 season's best came in February and she hasn't been able to match that. I hope she's okay and could put up a good fight!

SoftwareAg
AG
What time does her heat start?
taylorswift13
AG
Should be around 9:00-9:05
DD88
AG
It looks like some events have time changes for the weekend including the Women's 800 final. (Now Sun. 6:30CDT)

U.S. OLYMPIC TEAM TRIALS - TRACK & FIELD SCHEDULE CHANGES DUE TO EXCESSIVE HEAT FORECAST
taylorswift13
AG
Another interesting thing to note is that there will be 3 high schoolers running the 800 as well! The three top 800 girls are Roisin Willis, Juliette Whittaker, and Sophia Gorriaran, who have ran 2:00, 2:01, and 2:02, but Gorriaran is only going to be a junior in high schools she's ahead of where Mu was! They're all Northeastern girls like Athing Mu so that will definitely help in recruiting! Seeing someone like Mu come in and improve her times and dominate the national scene and earn a huge Nike contract will be the most amazing selling point to every recruit, especially these 3 anyone of these 3 girls can come in the next couple of years and have a Mu like impact! I think if Bailey Goggans had not gotten hurt during indoor season she would have been running here as well!
littlebitofhifi
AG
I know Tyra is in the Heptathlon for Trinidad and after watching her all year, I've found it's now one of my favorite competitions to watch...but I don't know anything about the American ladies competing at trials!

Anybody (Taylor? ) able to give me a quick run down of who I should be paying attention to and/or how you expect the qualification to play out? I really enjoyed watching Anna Hall from UGA at the SEC tournament and know she sat out the NCAA's to rest before qualifying...does she have a shot or do we have more experienced ladies who will runaway with it?
taylorswift13
AG
Awesome I love the multi's and the US has some strong competitors! We are led by Erica Bougard and Kendall Williams. These two should runaway with the top two spots with scores well above 6500! Behind them will be a crazy crazy battle between a group of girls led by Taliyah Brooks a crazy good runner/hurdler, Ashtin Mahler formerly Zamzow, Chari Hawkins, Anna Hall, and our very own Annie Kunz. These girls will be in a heavy heavy battle for 3rd and this thing could literally come down to single digits! It's hard to choose but I'm putting my money on Brooks as she's an amazing hurdler and 200 runner! Hall nor Mahler haven't looked like their old self! Kunz does have a shot at 3rd but needs to have a great day!
taylorswift13
AG
AG75FYL said:

It better be a broken leg.
From Craig Engel's Instagram story earlier... Brazier with the crutches and a boot. Not sure what the medical diagnosis is but for him to have to walk around like that... he just have raced in extreme pain and fought to run out there, you have to give props to him! That's how an Aggie fights... I hope he has a speedy recovery!
littlebitofhifi
AG
THANK YOU!! I've got the schedule ready and can't wait to watch!
mullokmotx
AG
The concourse on the top of the first level here is a track surface rather than concrete.
taylorswift13
AG
mullokmotx said:

The concourse on the top of the first level here is a track surface rather than concrete.
that's awesome! I'm expecting you to drop a 45 running around the stadium haha! Enjoy the meet and cheer our Aggies on down the homestretch!
taylorswift13
AG
The young high schooler who placed 3rd in the first heat is following Athing Mu, Texas A&M Track, and Coach Mallard on Instagram
rab79
AG
Well Mu is in the green splotch top.
NO AMNESTY!

in order for democrats, liberals, progressives et al to continue their illogical belief systems they have to pretend not to know a lot of things; by pretending "not to know" there is no guilt, no actual connection to conscience. Denial of truth allows easier trespass.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.